Certificate of occupancy for all exis...

Certificate of occupancy for all existing buildings. in Utica

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Betty

Greig, NY

#1 Apr 18, 2013
So i need to pay a fee for a home that I have owned for 18 years. So this is what Utica NY has come too.
ex-marine

Utica, NY

#2 Apr 18, 2013
And don't forget the taxes. Now you have to let codes come into your home and make you update your electrical and plumbing even if you are having no problems. The contractors will be raking it in.
nope

New York, NY

#3 Apr 18, 2013
All BS. This is for multifamily rental properties not single family homes.
ex-marine

Utica, NY

#4 Apr 18, 2013
nope wrote:
All BS. This is for multifamily rental properties not single family homes.
Then they should word it better. All it says is certificate of occupancy for "all buildings".
What

New York, NY

#5 Apr 18, 2013
what's going on? what is this in regards to?
Utican

New York, NY

#6 Apr 18, 2013
What wrote:
http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x848272287/...

HEY PEOPLE! Learn to properly start a topic. POST LINKS! If you are going to reference something from the news have the decency to post a link as well so others can have a proper opinion on the article and not just your opinion.

Thanks.
thank you

New York, NY

#7 Apr 18, 2013
Utican wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x848272287/...
HEY PEOPLE! Learn to properly start a topic. POST LINKS! If you are going to reference something from the news have the decency to post a link as well so others can have a proper opinion on the article and not just your opinion.
Thanks.
finally someone with half a brain who WILL post links and cite sources!

thank you!
Sam

Greig, NY

#8 Apr 18, 2013
What wrote:
Some of the increases include:

* Building permits for up to three-family homes.

* Building permit fees for commercial or industrial buildings, which will be assessed by square footage.

* Demolition permits.

* Certificate of occupancy for all existing buildings.

New fees include an electrical permit, fence permit and pool permit.

Even with the increased fees, the city’s fees are lower than other municipalities, said Councilman Frank Meola, D-at-large.
ex-marine

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 18, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the increases include:
* Building permits for up to three-family homes.
* Building permit fees for commercial or industrial buildings, which will be assessed by square footage.
* Demolition permits.
* Certificate of occupancy for all existing buildings.
New fees include an electrical permit, fence permit and pool permit.
Even with the increased fees, the city’s fees are lower than other municipalities, said Councilman Frank Meola, D-at-large.
Certificate of Occupancy of ALL buildings. To me that sounds like single family homes will have to open their door for codes to harrass taxpayers over petty stuff.
Sam

Greig, NY

#10 Apr 18, 2013
ex-marine wrote:
<quoted text>Certificate of Occupancy of ALL buildings. To me that sounds like single family homes will have to open their door for codes to harrass taxpayers over petty stuff.
The City will be inspecting ALL Building and Building owners will get a New certificate of Occupancy. and you will pay a FEE What will be the Fee who knows
liar

New York, NY

#11 Apr 18, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
The City will be inspecting ALL Building and Building owners will get a New certificate of Occupancy. and you will pay a FEE What will be the Fee who knows
This does not apply to single family structures.
ex-marine

Utica, NY

#12 Apr 18, 2013
liar wrote:
<quoted text>
This does not apply to single family structures.
It says ALL buildings. doesn't say anything about exempting single family homes.
liar

New York, NY

#13 Apr 18, 2013
single family structures are not "buildings" in terms of legal classification like codes. It is all in the legal definitions defining different "structures". There is no way they can be allowed to issue occupancy certificates for one family homes.
Updates

Syracuse, NY

#14 Apr 18, 2013
Where does it say anything about having to update electrical and plumbing?
Sam

Greig, NY

#15 Apr 18, 2013
liar wrote:
single family structures are not "buildings" in terms of legal classification like codes. It is all in the legal definitions defining different "structures". There is no way they can be allowed to issue occupancy certificates for one family homes.
Every building where a person lives, I said lives must have a Certificate of occupancy
wrong

New York, NY

#16 Apr 18, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Every building where a person lives, I said lives must have a Certificate of occupancy
Not true
Sam

Greig, NY

#17 Apr 18, 2013
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true
In New York, a Certificate of Occupancy is a document issued to describe how a building may be used. A building may be classified for instance as a store, a single-family home, or a two-family home. You may require a Certificate of Occupancy if you are selling or remortgaging your home. Certificates of Occupancy are issued for new buildings or modified for buildings that have been remodeled, or changed classifications.
false

Little Falls, NY

#18 Apr 18, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
In New York, a Certificate of Occupancy is a document issued to describe how a building may be used. A building may be classified for instance as a store, a single-family home, or a two-family home. You may require a Certificate of Occupancy if you are selling or remortgaging your home. Certificates of Occupancy are issued for new buildings or modified for buildings that have been remodeled, or changed classifications.
And I'm sure you're about to link to the source document of that BS? Thought not.
Beginners

Oneida, NY

#20 Apr 18, 2013
A single family home and two family homes are considered the same classification...ALL are exempt under state law
exactly

New York, NY

#21 Apr 19, 2013
Beginners wrote:
A single family home and two family homes are considered the same classification...ALL are exempt under state law
Which is what I tried to explain to these morons but they just don't get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A nice quiet weekend 15 min Uncle Warren 6
New HATEford Police Chief Michael S. Inserra 18 min Uncle Warren 15
Take racist margret sanders statue down 24 min Misery 2
We're is Frank Pelli community resume 45 min KATYPERRY 43
Not All Nazis Are Bad 50 min Robert 69
No Downtown hospital 1 hr What 128
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 1 hr priceless 513
Who remembers - Leather bottle, Friar's Inn, Bo... (Aug '08) 1 hr Sir Osis 257
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 2 hr Miss Michelle Pom... 117

Utica Jobs