Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Dec 26, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jill

Whitesboro, NY

#1 Dec 23, 2013
this is a travesty. the settlement is ridiculously LOW. LaBella dodged a bullet. He should have had some consequence for ignoring is buddy's behavior.

This should hav gone to TRIAL. A jury would have come back with10 times the settlement. those kids deserve more.

Their lawyer failed them. By the time he gets his cut there won't be a lot left for thekids.

sad, sad, sad.
freebie the bean

Tully, NY

#2 Dec 23, 2013
The city has to sell bonds just to pay the $2M settlement they agreed upon. How could they pay anymore? Everyone agrees with you but its just another example of how corrupt and dirty the city really is.
Cogent Thought

Utica, NY

#3 Dec 23, 2013
This case is just like the bullshits gun control argument. Unless upd ordered armed guards for her 24/7 and/or placed him in a padded cell for an indeterminate period of time (still no guarantee), he tragically was going to do the deed anyway or anyhow he possibly could because he made up his mind to do so. If people wish to kill or harm another they find a way... UPD didn't cause him to lose his mind or kill her, same as guns don't just wake up one day and load up, pointedly find a human target, then magically pull their own triggers causing harm or death. Longo is responsible for his actions, not upd, and definitely NOT the city itself.
one who knows

New Hartford, NY

#4 Dec 23, 2013
Cogent Thought wrote:
This case is just like the bullshits gun control argument. Unless upd ordered armed guards for her 24/7 and/or placed him in a padded cell for an indeterminate period of time (still no guarantee), he tragically was going to do the deed anyway or anyhow he possibly could because he made up his mind to do so. If people wish to kill or harm another they find a way... UPD didn't cause him to lose his mind or kill her, same as guns don't just wake up one day and load up, pointedly find a human target, then magically pull their own triggers causing harm or death. Longo is responsible for his actions, not upd, and definitely NOT the city itself.
UPD and the City of Utica WERE responsible! Longo was employed by the UPD AND the City of Utica who were responsible for his actions as their employee. UPD SHOULD have removed him from active duty on UPD under an Administrative Leave and told him he could not come back until he had been fully evaluated under a Mental Evaulation by a reputable Psychristrist, and also ordered to attend Anger Mgm't Classes - which they never did.

Everyone on UPD knew Joe Longo was a ticking time bomb ready to expode and his wife made many, many phone calls to LaBella asking for his help - which never came.

If the City of Utica can afford to bond the 2 Million Dollar settlement, they should have let this case go to Trial when all the corruption would have come out and, perhaps, even criminal chrages, would have been exposed. By offering a Settlement, it is the taxpapers that are now stuck with the bill to keep all the corruption, thefts, and negligence hidden from public view.

I pay taxes on MORE than just 1 house and have every reason to bitch about having to pay higher taxes to cover up all the negligence committed by the Mayor, LaBella and UPD in the way this case was handled. I am very close to listing ALL my properties I own with a Real Estate Agent to escape the ridiculous high taxes to live in Utica but hesitate as I don't think there are that many buyers that are willing to buy the glut of homes already on the market!
Cogent Thought

Utica, NY

#5 Dec 23, 2013
one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>UPD and the City of Utica WERE responsible! Longo was employed by the UPD AND the City of Utica who were responsible for his actions as their employee. UPD SHOULD have removed him from active duty on UPD under an Administrative Leave and told him he could not come back until he had been fully evaluated under a Mental Evaulation by a reputable Psychristrist, and also ordered to attend Anger Mgm't Classes - which they never did.
Everyone on UPD knew Joe Longo was a ticking time bomb ready to expode and his wife made many, many phone calls to LaBella asking for his help - which never came.
If the City of Utica can afford to bond the 2 Million Dollar settlement, they should have let this case go to Trial when all the corruption would have come out and, perhaps, even criminal chrages, would have been exposed. By offering a Settlement, it is the taxpapers that are now stuck with the bill to keep all the corruption, thefts, and negligence hidden from public view.
I pay taxes on MORE than just 1 house and have every reason to bitch about having to pay higher taxes to cover up all the negligence committed by the Mayor, LaBella and UPD in the way this case was handled. I am very close to listing ALL my properties I own with a Real Estate Agent to escape the ridiculous high taxes to live in Utica but hesitate as I don't think there are that many buyers that are willing to buy the glut of homes already on the market!
Oh yeah? Maybe the judge or state court should pay for the abominable way they mistreated him in the divorce/custody, etc case? Weren't they contributing factors? Maybe the judge/court should also be impeached thereby? Why aren't every single officer who was employed by upd at the time of crime being fined then discharged since they "knew"? How about any counselor or shrink longo saw? Why not god? Why not the truly tragic victim for having an adulterous affair or her lover for flaunting and taunting such a weakened and vulnerable man? How about the gas station where he last got gas which provided the necessary fuel for which to enable the shuttling of his vehicle and person to the crime scene to commit such grisly deeds or the car manufacturer and/or the last mechanic to fix his car to run, etc? Maybe we should also blame and sue thereby, his elementary/high school school PE teachers and all his baseball and football, etc, coaches for developing the requisite physical strength and muscular coordination with which to successfully carry out such a terrible deed? Do you get the point now Mr. Homeowner???
STFU

Little Falls, NY

#6 Dec 23, 2013
STEVE
Good God Man

United States

#7 Dec 24, 2013
one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>UPD and the City of Utica WERE responsible! Longo was employed by the UPD AND the City of Utica who were responsible for his actions as their employee. UPD SHOULD have removed him from active duty on UPD under an Administrative Leave and told him he could not come back until he had been fully evaluated under a Mental Evaulation by a reputable Psychristrist, and also ordered to attend Anger Mgm't Classes - which they never did.
Clearly they enabled him or they wouldn't have coughed up the 2 mil.That's peanuts to people not from cny BTW.
LifelongUtican

Utica, NY

#8 Dec 24, 2013
...and as expected.. Tubby La Bella walks away without so much as owing a dime! When will the City train these clowns and hold them accountable for their actions?
Flamer aka Jizzass

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 24, 2013
What do you expect with mob Italians? Stop voting theses goombas in office!
noo

Whitesboro, NY

#10 Dec 24, 2013
nobody should of got anything
Must be

United States

#11 Dec 24, 2013
More utica fail!
Crows

Utica, NY

#12 Dec 24, 2013
Welfare should be sued and the money should go to tom Lindsey's family. Welfare employed wesley molina. They should have known he was a ticking time bomb. Its their fault. And they didn't even take his gun. Also Adam lanzas employer should be sued
opinion

New Hartford, NY

#13 Dec 24, 2013
Cogent Thought wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah? Maybe the judge or state court should pay for the abominable way they mistreated him in the divorce/custody, etc case? Weren't they contributing factors? Maybe the judge/court should also be impeached thereby? Why aren't every single officer who was employed by upd at the time of crime being fined then discharged since they "knew"? How about any counselor or shrink longo saw? Why not god? Why not the truly tragic victim for having an adulterous affair or her lover for flaunting and taunting such a weakened and vulnerable man? How about the gas station where he last got gas which provided the necessary fuel for which to enable the shuttling of his vehicle and person to the crime scene to commit such grisly deeds or the car manufacturer and/or the last mechanic to fix his car to run, etc? Maybe we should also blame and sue thereby, his elementary/high school school PE teachers and all his baseball and football, etc, coaches for developing the requisite physical strength and muscular coordination with which to successfully carry out such a terrible deed? Do you get the point now Mr. Homeowner???
Your rant is typical of one of Longo's fellow Officers that think UPD was not responsible for keeping him on the job!!!! Didn't work.

The Judge did what was mandated - Joe Longo had enough money to afford to support his bimbo in a separate apartment - that money should have went to support his 4 children, and that is what the Judge ordered him to do.

Joe Longo got just what he deserved.
Fact

Utica, NY

#14 Dec 24, 2013
So did Kristen.
why bother

Cortland, NY

#15 Dec 24, 2013
goomba goomba goomba goomba what a bunch of cartoon characters have you ever seen the dpw work on the streets they fix a pipe then don,t compact the fill correctly 3 months later a dip in the road 6 months later a smooth pothole goomba goomba goomba goomba the codes/bldg. dept. literialy makes stuff up ask them to show you where it is in the new york state bldg. codes ahhhhh please go to the state office bldg. whatever they say get a copy and come back show us, I am not kidding, been an architectural draftsman for 35 yrs. goomba goomba goomba goomba
put it to rest

Utica, NY

#16 Dec 25, 2013
Its all over with. RIP for all.
T-ball

Syracuse, NY

#17 Dec 25, 2013
The city got off easy. Its like being charged with 2nd degree murder and having it reduced to disorderly conduct. People posting on here saying that the city & UPD are not at fault are current cops or retired cops, sticking up for their "pal Joey", and unfit psycho nut job who required a complete psychiatric evaluation plus a fitness for duty exam. The Proctor incident was another in a string of stunts this whacko pulled. And who does all this fall back to? Who was police chief at the time? None other than Tubby Labella, appointed from the WRONG civil service register that was indicated by the head of the NYS Civil Service in Albany. And his butthole buddy Roefaro, who wanted nothing more than Pylman out the door as chief.
315 Fail Central

Agawam, MA

#18 Dec 25, 2013
why bother wrote:
goomba goomba goomba goomba what a bunch of cartoon characters have you ever seen the dpw work on the streets they fix a pipe then don,t compact the fill correctly 3 months later a dip in the road 6 months later a smooth pothole goomba goomba goomba goomba the codes/bldg. dept. literialy makes stuff up ask them to show you where it is in the new york state bldg. codes ahhhhh please go to the state office bldg. whatever they say get a copy and come back show us, I am not kidding, been an architectural draftsman for 35 yrs. goomba goomba goomba goomba
This is the absolute truth. Best post I have read in weeks.
forever love

Syracuse, NY

#19 Dec 25, 2013
LifelongUtican wrote:
...and as expected.. Tubby La Bella walks away without so much as owing a dime! When will the City train these clowns and hold them accountable for their actions?
he didn't exactly walk away ,,he has you and people like you who will haunt him , run his name through the mud ,talk behind his back. and forever hate him. How is that getting away with anything.
T-ball

Durhamville, NY

#20 Dec 26, 2013
forever love wrote:
<quoted text>he didn't exactly walk away ,,he has you and people like you who will haunt him , run his name through the mud ,talk behind his back. and forever hate him. How is that getting away with anything.
Poor Tubby....enduring a barrage of verbal abuse because he BARELY passed the police chief exam for the Village of NY Mills. Whats that?.....3 full-timers and 6 part-timers? He might be able to manage that. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Single Harley Riders Dating Site 5 min lee 1
WHY hasn't /|/IGGER HAIR EVOLVED TO BE HUMAN BU... 1 hr DAVE SMITH 3
WHY cant I AFFORD LAND OR GET A JOB LIKE REAL M... 1 hr DAVE SMITH 5
I need TO COLLECT BOBBYS JIZZ WITH MY FACE THEN... 1 hr DAVE SMITH 8
Was anybody actually at Fuel's men's room when ... 1 hr peter bach 50
MISS them WIPPINGDAYS MAKING THEM SREGGIN WORK ... 1 hr VALCROROHEADS 1
why /\iggers stink like ro tten dead skin from ... 1 hr VALCROROHEADS 1
utica national (Jun '13) 3 hr Noucant 529
Matt Gaetano Hotel Utica Manager Arrested (Again) 3 hr Yolks on You 7
Mark Butler admits no chip manufacturing plant due 6 hr Dr Answer 10