Rome Pop Warner Mighty Mites

Posted in the Utica Forum

waiting to hear

Rome, NY

#1 Sep 24, 2010
Did anyone ever find out who is coaching the Rome Pop Warner Mighty Mites.I still can't believe the way he was treating the kids and no one has done anything about it. Someone posted a message that they should investigate him. I would'nt let him coach my son.
Marty Moose

Utica, NY

#2 Sep 25, 2010
Do you touch your son?Is that the real problem here?
lulu

Canada

#3 Sep 25, 2010
I'm from rome, and I know exactly who u r talking about. Scary isn't?? No one has done a damn thing. He is still coaching. Thank god my son isn't on his team!

Level 1

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 26, 2010
if you have a problem with one of the coaches in rome contact the leauge president at pres@romecolts.org his name is Kevin Simons
wow

New Hartford, NY

#6 Sep 27, 2010
They play whitesboro next week in whitesboro. You guys have to go see it. During that scrimmage in marcy, that same coach even yelled at a whitesboro kid and one of the coaches from whitesboro went up to him and said, keep your mouth away from my kids, take care of your own kids and the rome coach replied. Your next, wait until we meet you guys in whitesboro, ill show you a mouth. The whitesboro mighty mites just DESTROYED utica yesterday and will wreck rome next week and I see a fight coming. That Whitesboro mighty mite team by the way is something special. Damn good athletes on that team and coached to perfection.
saywhat

Clinton, NY

#7 Sep 27, 2010
My grandson's Jr Pee Wee (new hartford) game was in Ilion and Utica Mitey Mites played before them. How did Whitesboro destroy them when they were someplace else?
destroy

New York, NY

#8 Sep 27, 2010
are you serious? how do you destroy in pw football? Also, didnt some utica kids (more than one) jump and attack a rome player in the parking lot?
Either way, you ppl are nuts...football at such a young age is ridiculous...And I played it in college...never started until 9th grade.
True

Baldwinsville, NY

#9 Sep 27, 2010
The Utica team has two teams and if they all played together then they would be very competitive. When you split up two teams because you have 50 plus kids then you cannot field a great first team. I am happy to see that a Utica team has the numbers and that children are interested in playing football. I agree that people are nuts, its about the kids and I am involved in Whitesboro sports. The kids played a great game but its about teaching the kids fundamentals, its not about winning. Most kids cant make the weight but when they hit High School the Pop Warner stars take a back seat and the kids that have grown to men will take over and that is when competition means something. If your child is involved in Pop Warner, be happy that you get to watch your child get the outdoor activity instead of being behind a video game. I support all of the organizations and I keep my child grounded even though he has a great time right now. Parents need to check themselves and let their child enjoy making friendships through all of this. Why do parents and some coaches take this personally is beyond my control because all I want to do is make them better young adults and better people in the future. There is no winning and losing at this age, its about being competitive and trying your best, first and foremost listening to their peers... Good luck to all organizations and support your team...
yes

New Hartford, NY

#10 Sep 28, 2010
yes it isnt about winning but the coaches do keep score on paper because they have to set bowl games up the last week of the season. Half those kids that dont make weight do make it in high school, but half also never play the game ever again. Pop warner in that town does have some real good talent and they will be around for awhile.
maybe this will help

Schodack Landing, NY

#11 Sep 28, 2010
is it all PW teams, or just mine, that only the coaches' kids get to play the skill positions, regardless of their skill? is that written into the PW by-laws somewhere?
True

Baldwinsville, NY

#12 Sep 28, 2010
I agree with you totally, that happens in a lot of areas around us, and I cannot explain that except listening to people complain and agree with them. I can say from my experience that there are people like that but where I am from that is not the case. I think that parents should voice their opinion to their coaches if that is happening. I can assure that the league I am involved in does not do that. There are three things that I always live by when putting kids in positions to make the team work, these three things are safety, safety and safety... I would never put a child out in a place where they are not comfortable playing because they are timid at this age. I mean timid by knowing that there are kids and coaches on the other team that are trying to beat the snot out of our kids. I try to put my kids in positions where they can excel and be comfortable playing because the child on the opposite side is a much more aggresive player than some of ours. There are some children that can handle that but there are some children that you have to mold them into to competitive surroundings as the games come. I think that the point that is missing is that most parents who coaches their child have spend many hours inside the back yard teaching their children outside of the playing field. You can not fault them for that but from my stand point I try to focus on the kids who have that potential to excel in a game time situation. I trust other kids over my own in being able to handle a situation or a down and I totally put them before mine. That is why we are coaches, not to make our own shine but to take the bits and pieces of the other children to mold into a team. It will never be about one player, or three of them. I know most parents would love to see their kids score or play those skill positions, but I have to say that its about the kids who do not play them. Its great to be competitive but its about those kids who suck it up on the line or the kids who have to come in for other players that make a team work. I think that the line is so much important than the skill positions. The kids that run or throw cannot do it unless the line holds up, so I think that parents do not understand that their children play a more significant role by doing what most would call the dirty work... I love the blockers and love the line that does not get any chances for skill positions... Without them, your team is hopeless... I would take my line over my skill position players any day of the week... Also my kids are told that they are doing a great job over the skill position players, its about the other kids totally...
miss him

New Hartford, NY

#13 Sep 29, 2010
maybe this will help wrote:
is it all PW teams, or just mine, that only the coaches' kids get to play the skill positions, regardless of their skill? is that written into the PW by-laws somewhere?
What team s it?
sunday

New Hartford, NY

#14 Oct 1, 2010
This maniac rome mighty mite coach is playing on Gibson Rd in whitestown. the minute he degrades or touches a player real hard, I will be on the field and ask he be thrown out. I promise you
jeff

Frankfort, NY

#15 Oct 1, 2010
they suck u know it
lol

New Hartford, NY

#16 Oct 4, 2010
the refs almost threw him out!! The man is an absolute maniac
curious

Utica, NY

#17 Oct 8, 2010
Why wont anyone name who the coach is?!?
Almost

Rome, NY

#19 Oct 8, 2010
lol wrote:
the refs almost threw him out!! The man is an absolute maniac
Yeah, almost!! Kind of makes you wonder why they didn't?

Problem today is Pop Warner is becoming just like AYSO, everyone plays, even the kids that don't want to. Back in the day you did as you were told and played every play like it was your last, because if you didn't, it was.

I'm not saying this guy has a right to abuse kids, or anyone else, but all I see so far is accusations that he yells at the players. Some people would call that part of being a football coach.

If you want junior treated with TLC and flowery accolades for mediocre effort, keep him away from my kid. I keep him out of soccer to avoid people like you. Seriously, soccer is better for some people, especially those that dont' appreciate the lessons learned from hard work and the rewards of extraordinary effort.
no way

New Hartford, NY

#20 Oct 11, 2010
Almost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, almost!! Kind of makes you wonder why they didn't?
Problem today is Pop Warner is becoming just like AYSO, everyone plays, even the kids that don't want to. Back in the day you did as you were told and played every play like it was your last, because if you didn't, it was.
I'm not saying this guy has a right to abuse kids, or anyone else, but all I see so far is accusations that he yells at the players. Some people would call that part of being a football coach.
If you want junior treated with TLC and flowery accolades for mediocre effort, keep him away from my kid. I keep him out of soccer to avoid people like you. Seriously, soccer is better for some people, especially those that dont' appreciate the lessons learned from hard work and the rewards of extraordinary effort.
Did you see the mighty mite and jr. pee wee pop warner games between whitestown and nh? It is not like ayso. those are 2 disciplined teams for being so young. It was great football for 8/9 yr olds. The bottom kids played minimum plays (10 plays only) on both teams. they were out to win. Pop warner is nothing like ayso!!!! Ayso has become a joke, its a social gathering for parents.
no way

New Hartford, NY

#21 Oct 11, 2010
maybe this will help wrote:
normally goofball, the coaches kids play more because they are better and have practiced alot more than your kid. In any sport, the coaches are there because there kids are good or they wouldnt be there. Step up and coach or keep quiet. I watched 5 pop warner games this weekend and yes, the coaches kids were BETTER than the rest and it showed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Celebrate Those Comets 7 min Poverty Stricken ... 2
Wear Tha Badge Oneida County 10 min Poverty Stricken ... 2
AHL Worldwide 12 min Poverty Stricken ... 52
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 26 min Karen51 504
John Nehme is a Jack Ass!! (Sep '13) 30 min Jack Frost 11
Nano Job Fair February 15 37 min Breaking News 1
NFL Expansion Coming To Utica 40 min Old timer 7
listen to the teachers whining 1 hr Holy Moly 102
tonys audelicious 1 hr Utica Welfare Comets 7
Can't believe Jason Powells is still on the air 2 hr Get a life 30