Wow Miami Herald reports on Nano Utica
One of the few proud

Utica, NY

#44 Mar 2, 2014
Nano to nowhere "The only reason the politicians arranged for refugees to go there was for tax incentives from the Fed and a whole new base of welfare hoardes who can be duped into voting for NY Democrats"

Refugees are welfare hoarders?

Will the real hateful racist please stand up. The refugees I know have business and have helped rebuild Utica. The Utica School district has over 43 languages and many more nationalities that go to school every day together. The youth council is made up of amazing kids that give back to their community.

I would bet everything I have that the future kids and the future of Utica will be improved because of our refugees and our cultural diversity.

Shame on any company that doesn't see a benefit in doing business in Utica. If you want to compete in the global market you better go to a community of several different languages and cultures.

Why do you think the U.S.A. Became a powerhouse in the first place. Because of people coming from around the world sharing their ideas.

One of the few proud

Utica, NY

#45 Mar 2, 2014
Uticas Great Implosion wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Really who cares? It means zero to the continued lies being sold to the utica region people.
Why are all the refugees being pumped in if it's such a wonderful place to be?
Your wrong. Instead of saying your wrong you say who cares. Priceless. The United Nations is selling lies about Utica being the most welcoming city in the world.

You crack me up. Lol.
One of the few proud

Utica, NY

#46 Mar 2, 2014
Neil Diamond Coming To America - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch...
By nightfawn27 · 5 min · 662,574 views · Added May 02, 2010
America Lyrics Artist(Band):Neil Diamond Far We've been travelling far Without a home But not without a star Free Only want to be free We huddle close Hang ...

They coming to Utica! They coming to Utica! Today! Today!
Blah

Little Falls, NY

#48 Mar 2, 2014
Hey civil engineer queer. Go suck it.
One of the few proud

Utica, NY

#49 Mar 2, 2014
I'll leave it with my Neil Diamond Video. I don't think I can top that.

I love Utica. I love Utica. I love Utica and you can't.
Uticas Great Implosion

United States

#53 Mar 2, 2014
I will admit that I love Utica. That is why I am on UTICAs topix forum everyday and every nite. I would love to live in Utica but I am afraid. I am very weak and dorky. Every time I go to Utica someone beats me up. Now I hide like the weak coward that I am. I do know that Nano Utica will make CNY great and I am jealous of that. I will continue to stalk the great city of Uticas topix forum day and nite because I have no life and I am jealous of Uticans.
Gosu

Glenfield, NY

#55 Mar 2, 2014
Why do so many of u people want to see this thing fail?
Roller

Miami, FL

#57 Mar 3, 2014
Wow I see they are still making hay about nothing for votes and tax handouts again!
No names

United States

#59 Mar 3, 2014
Of course they can't tell you one because the Observer Dishrag and WKTV haven't told the chickens in the coup any names yet.
Truth

Utica, NY

#60 Mar 3, 2014
Great 2014 Implosion wrote:
So can anyone name just one of the private companies? Surely of the five someone has one name.
SEMATECH
They signed a contract in October 2013.
Nano to Nowhere

United States

#61 Mar 3, 2014
Retard. Sematech is the usual NFP soaking up dollars, they do not show any profits and don't make ANYTHING moron. Way to go ace! LO! These people are so ultra-gullile!
Implosion 2014 Coverage

Los Angeles, CA

#64 Mar 3, 2014
Uticas Great Implosion wrote:
I will admit that I love Utica. That is why I am on UTICAs topix forum everyday and every nite. I would love to live in Utica but I am afraid. I am very weak and dorky. Every time I go to Utica someone beats me up. Now I hide like the weak coward that I am. I do know that Nano Utica will make CNY great and I am jealous of that. I will continue to stalk the great city of Uticas topix forum day and nite because I have no life and I am jealous of Uticans.
The entire tree of my family is sick in the head we are all failures in life, Being a failue in life has left me empty.
My life on welfare has damaged my brain an my family is sick in the head.When I'm not stalking Franks CK I stalk Joe, he has a job, life, money and I am on welfare.

I am also a punk coward low life non educated failure.

I am jealous of women like Hamlin an Utica.
Truth

Utica, NY

#65 Mar 3, 2014
Nano to Nowhere wrote:
Retard. Sematech is the usual NFP soaking up dollars, they do not show any profits and don't make ANYTHING moron. Way to go ace! LO! These people are so ultra-gullile!
Sematech is a non-profit consortium of for-profit businesses. It's an industry collaborative. Businesses pay a fee to belong to the consortium. They work together toward a common goal of advancing the industry.

How about Advanced Nanotechnology Solutions Incorporated?

or

Atotech?

These are real companies involved in Quad C. Ouad C is an R&D and packaging facility. They won't be making anything there. Don't confuse Quad C with the empty chip fab site. They are two different things.

This is my understanding of what's going on. The governor, EDGE, Oneida County and others have combined to put forth a very effective and misleading public relations campaign when it comes to Nano this and Nano that. They've thrown a number of things up against the wall all at once with the hope that people will be confused and think there is real progress. There really isn't much and they've been very successful at confusing the issues. The vast majority of the money being used on this scheme is taxpayer money. The Quad C building being constructed on the SUNYIT campus right now is being bought and paid for by taxpayers. There are private sector, for-profit companies who've signed on to occupy Quad C and will no doubt get any number of financial incentive at the expense of the taxpayers including the governor's Tax Free New York plan that gives companies like those locating at Quad C tax free(property, sales and state income taxes) status. Who knows what the real accounting will be when all is said and done. Nobody really bothers to track these things to determine if in fact they are really worthwhile.

The Marcy Nano site a little further down the road is still empty and has no tenants lined up. The owner/end user of record is the taxpayer funded CNSE(SUNY).
Truth

Utica, NY

#67 Mar 3, 2014
Prison Implosion Coverage wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words there is no chip plant.
Absolutely. There is no chip fab plant. I never said there was. The site is empty. When you ask your questions you need to be specific. Are you talking about Quad C or are you talking about the Marcy Nano site. They are two very different things. One is a building going up on the SUNYIT campus and the other is and empty lot that still requires tens of millions in infrastructure improvements before a manufacturing facility can be built.

The only place a building exists for the manufacture of chips at the Marcy Nano site is in the wetlands permit submitted to the Army Corps of Engineers. The hold up with the COE was always that there wasn't a firm building/site footprint they could use to determine the extent of the impact on the wetlands. Because there was no manufacturer interested in the site, taxpayer funded CNSE(SUNY) was named the end user and had an architect (probably the same one who did Quad C) come up with a plan for a manufacturing facility to be submitted with the application for the wetlands permit. To date there is still no private sector manufacturer signed on for the Marcy Nano site and CNSE(SUNY), the named end user, has a footprint they are stuck with should one ever come along.

That doesn't change the fact that there are real for-profit companies involved with Quad C that is now being constructed on the SUNYIT campus. I think they are being lured here at great expense to the taxpayers of the state of New York. Time will tell.
Truth

Utica, NY

#69 Mar 3, 2014
Prison Implosion Coverage wrote:
<quoted text>
Being lured is your key statement. This building in all likelihood will be vacant in three years or just government funded up the wazoo. Either way, the utica region loses.
The Tax Free New York plan is a ten year deal so I would give it 9 years, 364 days from the ribbon cutting.
LOW TECH CRETIN

Clinton, NY

#71 Mar 3, 2014
Don't worry about it failure, you can't get a job cleaning toilets.

You losers need to go get jobs, like licking envelopes.

Failures that don't even know simple computer skills jealous of Utica and Hamlin.

Tell us again civil enginQEER.
Prison Implosion Coverage

New York, NY

#75 Mar 4, 2014
LOW TECH CRETIN wrote:
Don't worry about it failure, you can't get a job cleaning toilets.
You losers need to go get jobs, like licking envelopes.
Failures that don't even know simple computer skills jealous of Utica and Hamlin.
Tell us again civil enginQEER.
How did you know I am a coward punk welfare failure in life.

I am a civil enginqeer, I make blue prints of dad and young boys.
Nope

Clark Mills, NY

#78 Mar 4, 2014
I don't get how people buy into the thousands of job bit. Where? It's a research and education facility. No way that translates into 1500+ jobs. A handful of instructors. Not locals. A handful of researchers that will use the clean room facilities and will be existing employees of the companies involved in this graft. Not locals. A handful of clean room techs and some administration. 100 jobs. Maybe.
Rash Explosion

Gouverneur, NY

#80 Mar 4, 2014
Grand Kid Explosion wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is confusing fantasy and reality. They are confusing the government funded handout with the fantasy land the EDGE is selling.
You live in fantasyland Dave. A place where you have an education, a job, are relevant, have no rash, are in shape, and somebody gives one ratsazzz about you. If I were you I'd live there too. Very sad. But funny!!!
Utica

Glenfield, NY

#82 Mar 4, 2014
Uticas Fat Run and Walk wrote:
Can someone tell me one of the private companies? Just one. I mean there's five so someone must know one? Come on! Lol
I think I know one. Its called "U R A Tool". Stop rooting against this thing. Or dont say anything at all. Do us all a favor. Come on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 24 min MVCC dropout TAZZ 37
Why was Louis Brindisi charged with harassment ... 31 min Louis is a scumbag 20
Dems Life is Good! 1 hr Hypocrit 7
Utica Doctors 1 hr Okay 1
UCP- Pathetic Treatment of Employees (Jul '14) 2 hr Nasty 13
Michelle Gulla 2 hr UUGH 10
David Smith, 51 3 hr jose 4
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 4 hr mine 33

Utica Jobs

More from around the web