Polygamy to be Legalized Next

Polygamy to be Legalized Next

Posted in the Utica Forum

Gina

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 2, 2013
Now that homosexual marriage has been legalized, polygamy will be next.

It's supporters will use the same arguments used by those advocating homosexual marriage rights -- tolerance, no one has the right to tell other people who they can/can't love, who they can/can't marry, what they can/can't do in the privacy of their bedroom, what they can/can't do with their own bodies, no one has the right discriminate, separation of church and state, blah, blah, blah.

And our politicians will succumb to them. Then, advocates will fight to decriminalize marriage between adults and children, humans and animals, etc.

We're in big trouble.

When the Chinese show up on California's shores with their machine guns, rifles and bayonettets, they're going laugh -- then crucify us. They will finish the job their Asian brothers started at Pearl Harbor. WE ARE FINISHED.
luv it

Whitesboro, NY

#2 Jul 2, 2013
I'd luv for that to happen. do u know what kind of weaponry we have? We can kill 10,000 chinks with one blast. Bring em on. Kill em, blindfold them with holland farms string, then throw them in a ditch.
diseasereggin

Ithaca, NY

#3 Jul 2, 2013
These disease welfare blacks need to be exterminated, the Chinese work, have a wheel, Africa is still wearing bones, vile worthless abominations on the world.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Jul 2, 2013
Gina wrote:
It's supporters will use the same arguments used by those advocating homosexual marriage rights -- tolerance, no one has the right to tell other people who they can/can't love, who they can/can't marry, what they can/can't do in the privacy of their bedroom, what they can/can't do with their own bodies, no one has the right discriminate, separation of church and state, blah, blah, blah.
And our politicians will succumb to them. Then, advocates will fight to decriminalize marriage between adults and children, humans and animals, etc.
We're in big trouble.
When the Chinese show up on California's shores with their machine guns, rifles and bayonettets, they're going laugh -- then crucify us. They will finish the job their Asian brothers started at Pearl Harbor. WE ARE FINISHED.
Marriage equality applies to 2 consenting adults.
Polygamist societies tended to be most successful where Wars devastated Male populations, and there were many more Women than Men. This is not the case here.
In more recent examples of Polygamy Young Boys are routinely culled from the pool of prospective Husbands thus reducing competition for Wives.
Girls (too young to consent) are forced in to lives of servitude until old enough for "sisterhood".
Does this sound like Consenting Adults Marrying?
Pauline

Ithaca, NY

#5 Jul 2, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage equality applies to 2 consenting adults.
Polygamist societies tended to be most successful where Wars devastated Male populations, and there were many more Women than Men. This is not the case here.
In more recent examples of Polygamy Young Boys are routinely culled from the pool of prospective Husbands thus reducing competition for Wives.
Girls (too young to consent) are forced in to lives of servitude until old enough for "sisterhood".
dont oppress me bigot

Level 7

Location hidden

#6 Jul 2, 2013
Pauline wrote:
<quoted text>dont oppress me bigot
If you are a potential "Sister Wife" I am not your oppressor, although you are oppressed.
Pauline

Ithaca, NY

#7 Jul 2, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a potential "Sister Wife" I am not your oppressor, although you are oppressed.
you don't know me genius let me live my life with the same rights as everyone else in ny

Level 7

Location hidden

#8 Jul 2, 2013
Pauline wrote:
<quoted text>you don't know me genius let me live my life with the same rights as everyone else in ny
OK
Genie

New York, NY

#9 Jul 2, 2013
Gina wrote:
We can only hope.
Genie

New York, NY

#10 Jul 2, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage equality applies to 2 consenting adults.
Why only 2? That really makes no historical or legal sense.
Huh? There's a huge surplus of unmarried and divorced women in most metropolitan areas. Polygamy would be an ideal solution.
"Culled" as in murdered? That's already illegal and has no impact on the desirability of plural marriage in the US.
Forced labor is already illegal.
Seriously, why should the state dictate that three or more consenting adults can't enter into marriage? The economic benefits alone would be amazing.

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11 Jul 3, 2013
Gina wrote:
We're in big trouble.
Personally, I don’t see why polygamy shouldn’t be legal. Does it really matter how many wives or husbands someone has? What I can’t figure out is why it should bother you. Nobody is forcing you to marry anyone. What harm would polygamy cause?

As far as adults marrying children, there are many obstacles to this idea. By law, marriage is a contract between two (or more) parties. Since minors under the age of eighteen cannot be legally bound by contract in the U.S. they wouldn't be able to marry. The same would be true of animals since that is another example detractors of gay marriage use. Minors already are denied many of the privileges adults enjoy. They can’t buy tobacco, alcohol, lottery tickets, etc… The arguments that gays used to win the right to marry wouldn't hold the same weight for minors.
Axe

Ithaca, NY

#12 Jul 3, 2013
I want to marry a chicken.
Truth

Utica, NY

#13 Jul 3, 2013
When you peel back all of the layers, what is happening is that marriage is being granted to the gay population on sexual preference. I think the poster Axe may have been trying to make a joke but the comment is spot on.

What about people who have sexual preferences outside historic cultural norms? That in reality describes the gay population doesn't it? No one has discovered the "gay gene" have they?

We have laws that limit marriage between consenting adults already. we don't allow grown brothers and sisters to marry, fathers/grown daughters, mothers/grown sons..... There is no "right" to marriage. Gay marriage advocates just want to move the line from what has been the cultural norm forever. They have managed to convince many people that those who prefer to have the definition of marriage as between one man and one woman(not closely related) are just hateful and bigoted. Not so. One can treasure the concept of traditional marriage and not hate gays.
Farmer Delbert

Albany, NY

#14 Jul 3, 2013
I want to marry a sheep. On second thought, maybe several of these wonderful companions. It's the best slice a man can experience.

Level 7

Location hidden

#15 Jul 3, 2013
Ok I'm out! Not gonna argue with Idiots. Have fun!
Genie

New York, NY

#16 Jul 3, 2013
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I don’t see why polygamy shouldn’t be legal. Does it really matter how many wives or husbands someone has? What I can’t figure out is why it should bother you. Nobody is forcing you to marry anyone. What harm would polygamy cause?
If anything, it would be a huge boon to society. Extended families would ensure that every child has multiple parents looking out for their needs. Families would have more assets, both monetary and otherwise, providing a more stable environment for both husbands and wives and their children.

The sad truth is that bigots against polygamy just want control over other people's lives.
Genie

New York, NY

#17 Jul 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
Gay marriage advocates just want to move the line from what has been the cultural norm forever. They have managed to convince many people that those who prefer to have the definition of marriage as between one man and one woman(not closely related) are just hateful and bigoted. Not so. One can treasure the concept of traditional marriage and not hate gays.
Why not let people decide for themselves what constitutes a marriage? If you think it can only include one man and woman, more power to you. My plural marriage won't have any impact on your definition.
Genie

New York, NY

#18 Jul 3, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
Ok I'm out! Not gonna argue with Idiots. Have fun!
You have no argument. Only hateful bigotry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wibx Keeler, the dead beat 3 min Banana Head 33
Huma and weiner and hillary 3 min See my wiener 2
Get over it Keeler 25 min Hannahlovespenis 2
Body at Olbiston Apts? 33 min Balonie 17
Jennifer Martin slam pig...do anybody for dope. 49 min Pig lover 3
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 2 hr Mark 258
Frank Tallarino and Harmony (Sep '11) 3 hr Stupid frankly 16
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 9 hr Welfare SportsQueens 35
Carbone Sold 10 hr Huuuge 12

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages