Arterial swath
Bianca de Passe

Lowville, NY

#1 Jul 30, 2013
How big is this new Arterial they're building? I went to the Nice 'n Easy on Court Street and it's gone. Is the Arterial going over there? When are they ripping down Utica Cutlery? Is this going to be five lanes in each direction? For whom?

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Waterville, NY

#4 Jul 30, 2013
It is a much needed project and is replacing a bridge that needs it. Everything is at no cost through Utica taxes.

https://www.dot.ny.gov/regional-offices/regio...

There is all the info and plans.
Truth

Utica, NY

#6 Jul 31, 2013
UticaFan wrote:
It is a much needed project and is replacing a bridge that needs it. Everything is at no cost through Utica taxes.
https://www.dot.ny.gov/regional-offices/regio...
There is all the info and plans.
Nice try.

It's only at no cost in Utica taxes if you ignore the fact that 50 or so properties that were on the tax rolls are not any longer because they were acquired to accommodate this project. That cost is distributed among the rest of Utica taxpayers.

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Waterville, NY

#7 Aug 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.
It's only at no cost in Utica taxes if you ignore the fact that 50 or so properties that were on the tax rolls are not any longer because they were acquired to accommodate this project. That cost is distributed among the rest of Utica taxpayers.
I never stated that there was not a loss of tax revenue as a result of the project, only that there are no direct costs.

It is still needed and there is no way around replacing the bridge and bringing it up to current traffic standards.

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Waterville, NY

#8 Aug 12, 2013
I meant to say to being the arterial itself up to current standards.
Mary

United States

#9 Aug 12, 2013
Why can't the new bridge go where the old bridge was? It is wide enough already.
Truth

Utica, NY

#10 Aug 13, 2013
UticaFan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated that there was not a loss of tax revenue as a result of the project, only that there are no direct costs.
It is still needed and there is no way around replacing the bridge and bringing it up to current traffic standards.
What?

You wrote this:
"Everything is at no cost through Utica taxes."

The loss of tax revenue that causes a tax increase to cover the difference for all other Utica taxpayers is a "cost through Utica taxes".

Do you not get that?
Truth

Utica, NY

#11 Aug 13, 2013
I was on the arterial yesterday. Has anyone else noticed the forest of weeds growing up through the median pavement? This is the main arterial roadway through the city of Utica. It's what people passing through see. What kind of an impression does all of the broken curb, trash and weeds leave?

The arterial is under the jurisdiction of the NYSDOT. Don't they have a maintenance crew that could spend an afternoon chopping weeds and spraying Roundup in order to give a more inviting impression of the city and the region? It's disgusting.

It's the same thing I said about Columbia Street where many spectators and participants in the Boilermaker park. Who wants to visit a place that can't even take care of the simplest of maintenance?
bright spot

Utica, NY

#12 Aug 13, 2013
Well it got rid of a lot of scummy houses that were boarded up and collecting mold.
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Middletown, CT

#13 Aug 13, 2013
they are installing entrance and exit ramps at court street. this is why so many buildings are being demolished. also the new bridge needs to be built while the old one can still be used, thats why the entire road will move over. its common practice with replacing any bridge.
Mike

Hartford, CT

#14 Aug 13, 2013
Bianca de Passe wrote:
How big is this new Arterial they're building? I went to the Nice 'n Easy on Court Street and it's gone. Is the Arterial going over there? When are they ripping down Utica Cutlery? Is this going to be five lanes in each direction? For whom?
wow, it's only been all over the news for three years, diagrams, everything. Check out the website...
Mr Big Ten inch

Utica, NY

#15 Aug 13, 2013
This was the best thing that could have happened to the senior that owned properties that were torn down. There was no way they could have gotten any money out of the properties with the crime that moved in over the years.

I had to stop going to the NnE years ago. You couldn't walk into the store without being asked for money by the losers that have ruined that part of town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats opposition 10 min Bill 18
why WELFARE ]\[lggers STALK FAMOUS EDUCATED MALES 13 min Jr Comet Touchers 74
Utica Jr. Comets Sex Abuse Investigation! 14 min Jr Comet Touchers 10
Only Over A Million Babies Are Abused In Africa... 20 min Jr Comet Touchers 13
24 7 the ]\[lggers CRY ABOUT MONEY THEY DONT P... 22 min Jr Comet Touchers 24
name FAB PLANTS IN AFRICA AND COMPUTERS MADE 23 min Nationally Ridiculed 15
attn 75 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRIES... (Jul '16) 25 min Nationally Ridiculed 195
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 30 min Nationally Ridiculed 954
New hartford is the new east utica 44 min BREAKING 205
Kelly Esche 47 min Indeed 52
Esche fired Nikki Todd 52 min When 77
Poll Who is the richest man in Utica? (Jun '08) 8 hr Gross 68

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages