Mitch Ford / Nick Tuyyle

Mitch Ford / Nick Tuyyle

Posted in the Utica Forum

Sam

Utica, NY

#1 Sep 12, 2011
In an unrelated – and more politically tinged – case, Donalty assigned last week the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office in Syracuse to handle a Sept. 4 assault case against Nicholas Tuttle, who is Ford’s step-son.

Tuttle, 21, was charged with felony second-degree assault after his former girlfriend, also the daughter of a Republican county legislator, was stabbed four times in South Utica, allegedly because Tuttle believed she was “cheating” on him, court papers state.

In his request, McNamara states that Tuttle’s case creates the appearance of impropriety for two reasons: Because Ford has been involved in McNamara’s 2007 and current election campaign for DA, and because Tuttle was once McNamara’s student in a criminal law class he teaches at Mohawk Valley Community College.

Ford also allegedly told Utica police officers that he was “politically connected” while they investigated the incident, although McNamara noted that nobody ever contacted him on Ford’s behalf.

After both special prosecutors have investigated these cases – at $100 an hour – they will then decide whether the matters should be presented to a grand jury for possible indictment.
nrafan

Syracuse, NY

#2 Sep 12, 2011
Sam wrote:
In an unrelated – and more politically tinged – case, Donalty assigned last week the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office in Syracuse to handle a Sept. 4 assault case against Nicholas Tuttle, who is Ford’s step-son.
Tuttle, 21, was charged with felony second-degree assault after his former girlfriend, also the daughter of a Republican county legislator, was stabbed four times in South Utica, allegedly because Tuttle believed she was “cheating” on him, court papers state.
In his request, McNamara states that Tuttle’s case creates the appearance of impropriety for two reasons: Because Ford has been involved in McNamara’s 2007 and current election campaign for DA, and because Tuttle was once McNamara’s student in a criminal law class he teaches at Mohawk Valley Community College.
Ford also allegedly told Utica police officers that he was “politically connected” while they investigated the incident, although McNamara noted that nobody ever contacted him on Ford’s behalf.
After both special prosecutors have investigated these cases – at $100 an hour – they will then decide whether the matters should be presented to a grand jury for possible indictment.
Why wasn't he charged with attempted murder?
Bad Reporting

Waterville, NY

#3 Sep 12, 2011
She is NOT the daughter of a Republican county legislator!

What other parts of this story are inaccurate? Makes you wonder...
sooooo

Ithaca, NY

#4 Sep 12, 2011
Whose the girl?
Bad Reporting wrote:
She is NOT the daughter of a Republican county legislator!
What other parts of this story are inaccurate? Makes you wonder...
Utica

Utica, NY

#5 Sep 12, 2011
Danielle Sadallah. I posted this days ago. What took them so long to report it?
Democrat

Utica, NY

#6 Sep 12, 2011
Also, what does this have to do with Mitch. It's his "Step"-Son. He doesn't live with him and had no right to be in that house. Mitch was out of town. This looks like an election day hit job by the media to try making the Democrats look bad. They knew about this days ago. Why print it the day of election? Pretty obvious to me. Maybe it's time for competition in the print media too. Just like WUTR is doing. Enough of this garbage. The kid is scum for doing what he did, but don't stretch it into a hit job on a political party and a family.
Daylight Donuts

Camillus, NY

#7 Sep 13, 2011
Its Chucks daughter( owner of daylight donuts)
Anonymous

United States

#8 Sep 21, 2011
I think you all need to stop talking about this girl obviously nick Tuttle is a psycho and deserves the max sentence . This girl is the nicest, caring, most beautiful person on earth and she never cheated on nick she broke up with him for obvious reasons . Leave it alone if you don't know the facts .
Are You Nuts

Waterville, NY

#9 Sep 21, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
I think you all need to stop talking about this girl obviously nick Tuttle is a psycho and deserves the max sentence . This girl is the nicest, caring, most beautiful person on earth and she never cheated on nick she broke up with him for obvious reasons . Leave it alone if you don't know the facts .
You bring up a topic buried 9 days ago then have the nerve to say "leave it alone"? Fcking dummy! LOL
Democrat

Utica, NY

#12 Sep 21, 2011
Serious question because I really don't get it. How is Mitch a creep? Is it simply due to our hate of the political process and the fact that he's chairman of a party? Or do you have a specific reason to hate him?

From what I understand, he's a retired military man who fought for our country. He gets paid nothing for all of the work he does and has to put up with us cranky politicos. He's a good father and husband. Trying to balance the many factions and competing interests within a political party isn't easy.
1973 Titans

New York, NY

#14 Sep 22, 2011
I have known Mitch Ford for 35 years and NEVER believed ANYTHING that came out of his mouth . One doesn t go to MVCC and become a fighter pilot as he tends to tell people . He has been a sneak and a lier as long as Ive known him . I think he has a mental problem and is out on disability and is a psychopathic lier .
Heath

Utica, NY

#15 Sep 22, 2011
1973 Titans wrote:
I have known Mitch Ford for 35 years and NEVER believed ANYTHING that came out of his mouth . One doesn t go to MVCC and become a fighter pilot as he tends to tell people . He has been a sneak and a lier as long as Ive known him . I think he has a mental problem and is out on disability and is a psychopathic lier .
Gee ya THINK? Look at the perv rainbow glasses he wars thinking it makes him look like an idiot. PERFECT representation for the oneida county retard conglomerate aka the oneida out of touch democrats.

Why is the little freaks head shaped like a football anyway? He looks like that Stewy kid from Family Guy. Only a lot creepier and uglier.
Stu Gotz

Whitesboro, NY

#16 Sep 22, 2011
Heath wrote:
<quoted text>He looks like that Stewy kid from Family Guy. Only a lot creepier and uglier.
And to think, you had a problem with my booger comment in the Troy Davis executed thread!

Hellooooo, pot to kettle?
Heath

Utica, NY

#17 Sep 22, 2011
Yeah idiot. One was actually original and funny!
Stu Gotz wrote:
<quoted text>
And to think, you had a problem with my booger comment in the Troy Davis executed thread!
Hellooooo, pot to kettle?
Stu Gotz

Whitesboro, NY

#18 Sep 22, 2011
Heath wrote:
Yeah idiot. One was actually original and funny!<quoted text>
Well, it wasn't that boring pap you posted, so I guess I'll say thanks for the compliment.
wanna no

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Mar 11, 2012
whatever happened with this case?
no

Utica, NY

#20 Mar 11, 2012
Did this go to trial?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liz Olmstead (Jun '13) 8 min Knows the truth 89
Stuck In Oriskany 27 min Just Wondering 22
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 31 min Oh Well 508
News 5 CNY Classes to Take to Prepare for an Apocalypse 42 min So 15
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 1 hr Cracker 107
Not All Nazis Are Bad 2 hr Adolf 38
What's going on with Utica Notre Dame football ... 2 hr Reality 62
Stay Away from these Contractors 6 hr For real 38
Who remembers - Leather bottle, Friar's Inn, Bo... (Aug '08) 8 hr CONFEDERATE 1 254
Keeler does it again! 12 hr Antifablows 58

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages