First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sycorax

Utica, NY

#1 May 14, 2012
More proof that Larry Adler's so called business park is a poorly planed pipe dream that will continue to be bailed out by the taxpayers of New Hartford. It looks like he can't pay his bills.
From The OD

http://www.uticaod.com/communities/newhartfor...
Hi Ho Silver

Rome, NY

#2 May 14, 2012
This is a job for Occupy New Taxford!
wASTE OF tAX dOLLAS

Baldwinsville, NY

#3 May 15, 2012
Instead of getting the promised tax rate decrease after the 40% increase, tax rates are the same this year. Why? Because the "friends of Larry Adler" in office in nEW hARTFORD ARE USING TAX DOLLARS TO BUY PROPERTY AND BUILD ROADS WITH OUR MONEY FOR A PRIVATELY OWND FOR PROFIT ENTERPRISE. wHAT HAS LA GOT ON THEM?
Not True

Rome, NY

#4 May 15, 2012
Sycorax wrote:
More proof that Larry Adler's so called business park is a poorly planed pipe dream that will continue to be bailed out by the taxpayers of New Hartford. It looks like he can't pay his bills.
From The OD
http://www.uticaod.com/communities/newhartfor...
Do you have any concept of business? He paid his bills. The workers need to go after the company that hired them, not the owner of the property. Adler admits that he paid their boss, should he have to pay twice? I do not think so. Learn about the developer/contractor/sub-contr actor relationship before you make uneducated comments. Bu then again, this is Topix so I do not even know why I am bothering
Earle Greed

Manlius, NY

#5 May 15, 2012
It was going to open in April, wait May, now June.

They started the huge LaQuinta at Rt 365 and exit 33 soon after The Adler was started, and that one is open for business already.
lifer

Utica, NY

#6 May 16, 2012
Hey, Not True. No problem, Larry will just ask the town for the money to pay the workers. While he may not be legally responsible, what kind of contractor is he hiring that screws its employees? This whole project smells like month old fish. Larry Adler is a modern day con man.
Wake Up

Germantown, WI

#7 May 16, 2012
Larry is a scammer. New HArtford lets him do what ever he wants like getting rich off of not paying the workers Greed
too bad

Utica, NY

#8 May 16, 2012
Feel sorry for Barb. She is sexy. Wish she would come on to me. I would make her smile!
Not True

Rome, NY

#9 May 16, 2012
lifer wrote:
Hey, Not True. No problem, Larry will just ask the town for the money to pay the workers. While he may not be legally responsible, what kind of contractor is he hiring that screws its employees? This whole project smells like month old fish. Larry Adler is a modern day con man.
You cannot blame Larry. Plus, we do not know the facts. Is there retainage?? I just did a job with a six month,10% retainage. That means I do not get paid in full for six months, and I did not pay the contractors in full for six months. They knew that ahead of time. Also, did they perform the jobs on time? The project is late so is there fine for that? does the GC hold that from the contractors?? Of course the GC may be a jerk, that may be true. But it has nothing to do with Larry. Also, Larry is not a con man, he did not get a check from New Hartford. He got credits, which are passed to the hotel, bringing their cost down and influence their decision to open here. Without the credits they would not come. The developement is great for the area and there will be more to come.. So stop complaining. Just a thought, do you go to any developements to shop, eat, etc? Do you support them in any way? Name the ones you go to...
disgusted

Watertown, NY

#10 May 17, 2012
Not True wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot blame Larry. Plus, we do not know the facts. Is there retainage?? I just did a job with a six month,10% retainage. That means I do not get paid in full for six months, and I did not pay the contractors in full for six months. They knew that ahead of time. Also, did they perform the jobs on time? The project is late so is there fine for that? does the GC hold that from the contractors?? Of course the GC may be a jerk, that may be true. But it has nothing to do with Larry. Also, Larry is not a con man, he did not get a check from New Hartford. He got credits, which are passed to the hotel, bringing their cost down and influence their decision to open here. Without the credits they would not come. The developement is great for the area and there will be more to come.. So stop complaining. Just a thought, do you go to any developements to shop, eat, etc? Do you support them in any way? Name the ones you go to...
we're not talking about the GC and the sub contractors we're talking about the workers that have worked on that job and have not been paid and ny state law says that anyone who has performed a service for a wage is to be paid!!!! you sound like one of those elitest assholes just like Mr. Adler. not a single person in the town that larry lives in " HIS OWN DAMN TOWN" had not a single good thing to say about him!! maybe ur one of the scab workers he hire from other states to finish his jobs after he fires all the local workers. and besides how is the Gc and subs supposed to pay when larry has all their money and refuses to pay up? u ought to be DISGUSTED WITH YOURSELF!!!!! and yes he is a con man and went to law school to figure out how to do it!
disgusted

Watertown, NY

#11 May 17, 2012
Not True wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any concept of business? He paid his bills. The workers need to go after the company that hired them, not the owner of the property. Adler admits that he paid their boss, should he have to pay twice? I do not think so. Learn about the developer/contractor/sub-contr actor relationship before you make uneducated comments. Bu then again, this is Topix so I do not even know why I am bothering
The GC and the Sub contractors and many more have already filed mechanics liens on that hotel job! so tell me this NOT TRUE if he has in fact paid his people why would they any reason to file mechanics liens???
blowhard

Utica, NY

#13 May 17, 2012
This is just one of Larry's shady deals in a lifetime of shady deals. He is the unelected emperor of sprawl.
Chidlren Affected 101

Watertown, NY

#14 May 17, 2012
I believe NBT bank who the lender on larry death trap along with the town of new hartford codes department have turned the other cheek so poor larry can build another death trap. Maybe larry should have gone to school for construction 101 if he realy wanted to be a developer but as larry is not afraid to bost he went to law school.here is a joke i heard. what is 18" long red and hangs on a asshole?
A layers neck tie lol. all these men are trying to do is feed their familys they are hourly workers and do not have the same opportunitys as larry and the contractors that make wages and proffits maybe this is how larry got so rich off the sweat of the worker. larry and NBT bank didnt do their jobs and over paid the contractors and subs is that the workers fault or another blunder of good old uncle larry.
Chidlren Affected 101

Watertown, NY

#15 May 17, 2012
as a worker i witnessed larry direct workers to cover over vital components that have to do with the structural integrity of the hotel witch I beleive makes the building unsafe and a death trap can larry do anything right. construction 101 larry
Chidlren Affected 101

Watertown, NY

#16 May 17, 2012
I find it disterbing that larry would have let this go this far to where it has reached his home town and his family all to make a buck
Chidlren Affected 101

Watertown, NY

#17 May 17, 2012
I cant beleive NBT bank has allowed this to go on I am sure NBT has the right, ability and authority thru their contract with larry to settle this, it is hard to understand why NBT would let this go on for evan a day.
Every person that cares should cancel there accounts and not let NBT use there moneys to lend to larry so he can screw workers
Chidlren Affected 101

Watertown, NY

#18 May 17, 2012
too bad wrote:
Feel sorry for Barb. She is sexy. Wish she would come on to me. I would make her smile!
making this type of comment is not cool maybe larry thinks the only way he can keep his wife happy is with money and that is sad I am sure barb was smiling yesterday
redneck worker

Oneida, NY

#19 May 17, 2012
Larry outright lied to the media. Liens have been filed against him. This is a classic case of wage theft and this is only the tip of the iceberg. I talked to the contractors and workers who were fired... there is so much dirt on this scumbag Adler that when the Utica Phoenix goes to press next week with an article on his shady dealings it will make his head spin. There is a daily morning picket outside the hotel if people are interested in helping out. I guess the picket also went to two NBT locations and went to the Village of Clinton where Adler lives in a super expensive house on Williams Street.

And you're right, this is a job for Occupy New Taxford. Occupy Utica has been on the picket line and contacted WKTV, the OD and The Phoenix to bring this story to light. Larry Adler should know that Occupy Utica took on Bank of America to get $25,000 back to Afghan War vet John McDevitt. I doubt they are afraid to take on Adler. That scumbag is small potatoes. He is the local 1% and he knows it. He's our local Wall Street, folks. Keep that fact in perspective.
Cant Wait

Utica, NY

#20 May 17, 2012
Is this the same Utica Phoenix that posted the PHONEY video showing the cops "planting" drugs on a coon? LOL

Serious credibility issues comes to mind about this "news" organization's agenda. We'll see ...

My bet is the GC goes down. Probably couldn't meet deadlines in the contract (even working 7 days a week) with a punch list a MILE long.
douchemove

New Hartford, NY

#21 May 17, 2012
Going to someone's house to picket has got to be the most low-class move I've ever heard of. Awful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Westmoreland Rd Elementary School Whitesboro - ... 1 hr HH WBro 26
More money for the Auditorium... 1 hr Yes you Silly Goose 343
So Robert Oliveira 2 hr UtiKowfuck NY 2
Josh Wisheart still what's his deal 2 hr curious 2
Nanotechnology Complex Becoming Reality at SUNYIT (Jun '13) 2 hr UtiKowfuck NY 114
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 2 hr No two safe act 106
DON'T Send Children to Utica College 2 hr Prisons 132
Ground Broken For N Utica Texas Roadhouse 2 hr Such A Joke 20
Kim Simon Murder (Feb '10) 10 hr omg 4,781
aloha I'm kristen copeland 21 hr shypainter 11
Teb's son arrested from NH. Mon creep police 15
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000