Utica taxpayers need financial control board

Posted in the Utica Forum

HELP

Interlaken, NY

#1 Oct 26, 2012
Null and void all union contracts to stablize Uticas finances and stop the bleeding. We are being continuallly raped and nobodies doing a thing about it.
Winston Churchill

Utica, NY

#2 May 23, 2014
HELP wrote:
Null and void all union contracts to stablize Uticas finances and stop the bleeding. We are being continuallly raped and nobodies doing a thing about it.
Utica Politicians always do the right thing, once they have expired all other options!
That's right! The common council voted to recommend the mayor ask for a review by Gov. Cuomo's Financial Review Board.
Taxpayers , the OD editorial Board, people on Topix, and anyone with a financial background recommended YEARS ago for this. Look at the date on this original post. Look up the article in the OD about this Financial Review Board when it was created by Cuomo.
There is only so much room for eligible cities to be on the list. Utica IS eligible. Is it too late?
Thank the mayor. Better yet, call him and tell him to do what he said in his inaugural speech and implement transparency and open the books to the state. And perform Internal audits? How bout it Marino? Are there any adults in charge?
Winston Churchill

Utica, NY

#3 May 23, 2014
Oops, wait a minute, the controller has never supervised an audit. The city has no one there who has ever done an audit.
Ever done one Joe? Why can't you put one together. At least give them an audit plan. Everyone knows how to reconcile, but they don't to hide malfeasance.
roundabout

Schenectady, NY

#4 May 23, 2014
Is moorehouse out of touch with reality or is that the norm for the city of utica that public funds should have items unaccounted for? There is $30,000 unaccounted for and he shrugs it off as ok. There shouldnt be anything unaccounted for and if there is then someone took it.
roundabout

Schenectady, NY

#5 May 23, 2014
If finances and management of those finances are on such an upswing as it says then why the need for a control board? Something smells

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#6 May 25, 2014
roundabout wrote:
Is moorehouse out of touch with reality or is that the norm for the city of utica that public funds should have items unaccounted for? There is $30,000 unaccounted for and he shrugs it off as ok. There shouldnt be anything unaccounted for and if there is then someone took it.
Exactly. If it's your job to account for the finances how can discrepancies be shrugged off?
JFK

Utica, NY

#7 May 25, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. If it's your job to account for the finances how can discrepancies be shrugged off?
in private industry moorehouse would be fired and replaced for his ineptitude.

Clifton Park, NY

#8 May 25, 2014
JFK wrote:
<quoted text>
in private industry moorehouse would be fired and replaced for his ineptitude.
No doubt. I couldn't imagine walking into my general managers office and just shrugging my shoulders that there's 30k missing from my department and I don't know where it went. Lol!
Awesome

United States

#9 May 25, 2014
Now that is the best thing that could ever happen to Utica. The city is passed saving and needs a control board to fix and rebuild with no corupt local politians screwing it up.
Y wait for this to get worse and the state comes in, do it now

Clifton Park, NY

#10 May 26, 2014
Awesome wrote:
Now that is the best thing that could ever happen to Utica. The city is passed saving and needs a control board to fix and rebuild with no corupt local politians screwing it up.
Y wait for this to get worse and the state comes in, do it now
I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
retro fitness 39 min Yup 6
UPD and Narcotics Division 45 min Graham 2
Violence, Drugs, Shootings & assaults 46 min terrible 5
Bruce Davis and the sexual harassment Panda 47 min Food for Thought 15
State of the County speech 52 min The Taxpayer 16
Oneida County Executive Picente Outlines Plans ... 53 min The Taxpayer 9
Palmeri another Roefaro maybe worse (Apr '11) 55 min Frankly Speaking 70
Why did ND girls bball coach get fired 1 hr bystander 9
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 4 hr momcani 542
Old School Bar and Grill Set to Open in East Utica 5 hr Curious 8