The City of Utica Needs a Mayor

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxpayer

Oneida, NY

#1 Jul 24, 2010
This is serious...who need to recruit outisde of the area to fill this position.

The current admionsitration could care less for this area....we need help? Not Cardillo......
Taxpayer

Baldwinsville, NY

#2 Jul 24, 2010
Taxpayer wrote:
This is serious...who need to recruit outisde of the area to fill this position.
The current admionsitration could care less for this area....we need help? Not Cardillo......
The current mayor has done more for Utica in two years than the last two mayors combined!
He travels to Albany and Washington DC on his own money and gets funds for our city.
He knows how to attract money. The master plan is in place so that we will be able to secure money for shovel ready projects that the state and federal government can give us money for.
Crime is down. Whe was the last time you saw two patrolman in a car?
Now he is straightening out the hotel Utica mess that Hanna made for us.
Our new mayor has brought more events to town. Fireworks in the park, taste of Utica, Mayors Ball, Fundraisers for the Utica Zoo and Boys club.
He knows what to do and how to do it. Thanks David!
Question

Syracuse, NY

#3 Jul 24, 2010
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The current mayor has done more for Utica in two years than the last two mayors combined!
He travels to Albany and Washington DC on his own money and gets funds for our city.
He knows how to attract money. The master plan is in place so that we will be able to secure money for shovel ready projects that the state and federal government can give us money for.
Crime is down. Whe was the last time you saw two patrolman in a car?
Now he is straightening out the hotel Utica mess that Hanna made for us.
Our new mayor has brought more events to town. Fireworks in the park, taste of Utica, Mayors Ball, Fundraisers for the Utica Zoo and Boys club.
He knows what to do and how to do it. Thanks David!
Are you serious?
old

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 24, 2010
lol!
Taxpayer

Baldwinsville, NY

#5 Jul 24, 2010
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
Yes I am serious. While many municipalities around us were raising taxes in the double digits Mr. Rofaro held the line to a single digit tax increase without cutting services.
He is a real businessman and taxpaying Utica citizen. He cares about the city and our future.

Level 1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Jul 24, 2010
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> The current mayor has done more for Utica in two years than the last two mayors combined!
This is exactly the kind of attitude I'd like to see more of around here!

I'm Fake Mike Arcuri and I approved this message
Level 1

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#7 Jul 24, 2010
No mayor, no matter how educated or brilliant he or she is, can raise Utica from the dead. The only way to fix this city would be to remove all the people, bulldoze most of the houses and buildings, tear up the roads, bridges and infrastructure, and start over from scratch. Find a mayor who can achieve that and you have a new, possibly exciting place that's open for business.
Jordan

United States

#8 Jul 24, 2010
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am serious. While many municipalities around us were raising taxes in the double digits Mr. Rofaro held the line to a single digit tax increase without cutting services.
He is a real businessman and taxpaying Utica citizen. He cares about the city and our future.
Where to start? The mayor just got done complaining that the budget cuts have hurt his ability to cut grass - so there goes your arguement about not cutting services. On the other hand, he didn't hold the tax below double digits. He proposed a budget with an 11% increase AND a sales tax increase. When the council and people rejected the sales tax, he proposed a 20% tax hike. It was the council that cut it down. So he can't have his cake and eat it too. Either he helped cut the tax (and the services that came with it) or he still supports a 20% tax hike. Which is it?
Harry Houghton III

Syracuse, NY

#10 Jul 24, 2010
He spent $250.000.00 dollars on 4 buildings on Bleeker Street that where on the demo list and sold them for $8000.00 dollars. He lost $242,000.00 dollars on just that one deal. Great Business man my ass.
its only me

Cortland, NY

#11 Jul 24, 2010
he had to repaint his office to the tune of 6,000.that didnt really need it but he comment was the mayors office should look nice to all visitors, i run to mayors offices in every new city i visit so that is true. a chair broke so we had to replace all the chairs again i believe to the tune of thousands. took down a useable skateboard park that was centrally located. has kept family and friends gainfully employed. city parks look horrible littered and graffitti. the master plan did not seek out or secure grants for that we paid how much for that???? how many businesses have closed down and left the area how much has our welfare rolls increased???? the biggest blunder under his direction was the testing for police chief complete with a doctors excuse!!!!!!!! the fine upstanding community leader to host and be a grand marshal of the parade.he is concerned about his future and i think we the taxpayers are just an afterthought.the pothole digger really didnt work that well the first time around. sorry mr.mayor you cant and wont get my vote!!!
Genny

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Jul 24, 2010
Harry Houghton III wrote:
He spent $250.000.00 dollars on 4 buildings on Bleeker Street that where on the demo list and sold them for $8000.00 dollars. He lost $242,000.00 dollars on just that one deal. Great Business man my ass.
and the investors are putting a couple of million bucks into renovations and putting them back on the tax rolls. Brilliant deal for the city. Oops, you forgot to mention that part Harry.
Joke

Cortland, NY

#13 Jul 25, 2010
Julian/Cerminaro administration did this deal. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. It seems these days one administartion is more crooked than the other. Cerminaro and his financial expertise advised on this deal.

Level 1

Location hidden

#14 Jul 25, 2010
It's good to see more people recognizing the fantastic accomplishments of Hedgehog Dave, Tubby LaBella, and myself. All we want is what's best for the area.

And by "best for the area" I mean "keeping the gravy train running".

Toot! Toot! All aboard!

I'm Fake Mike Arcuri and I approved this message.
Harry Houghton III

Syracuse, NY

#15 Jul 25, 2010
Genny wrote:
<quoted text>and the investors are putting a couple of million bucks into renovations and putting them back on the tax rolls. Brilliant deal for the city. Oops, you forgot to mention that part Harry.
This is what they want you to think. The Mayor all ready stated that he was getting a grant for them for the sum of $500,000.00 dollars. Let the city sell me a building that the bought for that kind of money for a few thousand dollars. I will go to the bank and get loan on it just like these guys are. The mayor is making his friends rich and the city poorer.
Woodsy

Schaumburg, IL

#17 Jul 25, 2010
<quoted text>
This is what they want you to think. The Mayor all ready stated that he was getting a grant for them for the sum of $500,000.00 dollars. Let the city sell me a building that the bought for that kind of money for a few thousand dollars. I will go to the bank and get loan on it just like these guys are. The mayor is making his friends rich and the city poorer.
well, let's keep an eye on this deal. If the purchasers return the property to the tax rolls then yeah for the Mayor. If not, we hold him accountable.

Level 1

Location hidden

#18 Jul 26, 2010
I'm disappointed that Hedgehog Dave and myself aren't receiving more credit for our many and impressive accomplishments.

Just look around you at the smooth, well maintained roads, the meticulously kept greenery, the lack of trash and debris piling up in the streets, and the total absence of empty, weed-filled lots and abandoned storefronts.

Everything you see is thanks to us. Need I say more?

I'm Fake Mike Arcuri and I approved this message.
East Utica Guy

Rome, NY

#19 Feb 2, 2011
Why doe's everyone keep bashing Bob Cardillo??? He's been working for Housing and Urban developement in Washington under the president for 8 years!! He hold's a PhD. in Law... He's the seasoned professional Utica needs for Mayor...You gave these Jokers the position and now all you do is complain.... Why not give BOB CARDILLO a fair chance. Think about it, we need a change!!!
Long Time Utican

Clark Mills, NY

#21 Feb 2, 2011
I'll do anyone(no darkies) from anywhere!

I LOVE TO SWALLOW

I'm a RACIST PIG

And I'm mildly retarded
Reality

Utica, NY

#22 Feb 2, 2011
Did Cardillo really think it was a good idea, or impressing someone, when he told the OD he was holding fundraisers in Albany and Washington? Clearly he isn't a very savvy PR man. Roefaro will destroy him on being a Washington/Albany insider who's been eating taxpayer money and kissing political butt for decades.

Cardillo has ZERO chance of winning if he gets the GOP nod
Mayor Palmidiot

Clifton Park, NY

#23 Aug 20, 2014
Tim Freeman wrote:
No mayor, no matter how educated or brilliant he or she is, can raise Utica from the dead. The only way to fix this city would be to remove all the people, bulldoze most of the houses and buildings, tear up the roads, bridges and infrastructure, and start over from scratch. Find a mayor who can achieve that and you have a new, possibly exciting place that's open for business.
I've got a tenth grade education and I talk like a degenerate. I'm perfect for the job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
taxpayers FUNDING THE CRIMINAL ]\[lGGERS 7 min WETSUIT NYLON 27
attn WORST PLACE ON EARTH FOR HIV AFRICA KEEP AWAY 12 min CORN JOWLS 36
she BOON HURTS BABY AT ILLEGAL DAYCARE 13 min CORN JOWLS 20
bn AFRICA BUILDS HOUSING FOR KIDS TO BE ABUSED... 15 min CORN JOWLS 3
the FUTURE OF THE GHETTO 17 min CORN JOWLS 3
weave HEAD POURS BOILING WATER ON HER MEAL TICK... 19 min ZERO LEECH NYLON 17
ghetto MOST DISGUSTING BROKEN ECONOMIC FAILURE ... 20 min ZERO LEECH NYLON 84
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 41 min Oh Well 461
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 1 hr MUDSHARK TEST 38
Not All Nazis Are Bad 2 hr Curious 14