Wild Boar shot and killed by police i...

Wild Boar shot and killed by police in Utica after becoming aggressive

There are 71 comments on the WKTV story from Nov 8, 2012, titled Wild Boar shot and killed by police in Utica after becoming aggressive. In it, WKTV reports that:

It was quite the unusual sight for residents and police officers, who came across a wild boar in the middle of a Utica roadway on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#1 Nov 8, 2012
Now that's something you don't see every day. Do we need to hire some boar hunters from Texas?
cockroach

Clinton, MA

#3 Nov 8, 2012
frankcor wrote:
Now that's something you don't see every day. Do we need to hire some boar hunters from Texas?
We need Billy The Exterminator from vexcon.
Earle Greed

United States

#5 Nov 8, 2012
I'm going to see if anyone has seen Dan LaBelly. I hope that wasn't him the cops shot, mistaking him for a wild boar.
great white hunter

Ithaca, NY

#6 Nov 8, 2012
I would hunt them for free if the city let me. I could do it with a bow so there would be no stray bullets.

Tzunammi
Level 3

Since: Nov 11

Fukushima

#7 Nov 8, 2012
frankcor wrote:
I think Chris Tolles is into hunting wild boars.
Bring Home the Bacon

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Pork roasts for the food bank!
little pig

Boston, MA

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Bring Home the Bacon wrote:
Pork roasts for the food bank!
The Rescue Mission could use it more, according to Rev. Bill Dodge
dude

Charlestown, MA

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Every state has wild boar its bad down south and slowly moving this way, this won't be the last one killed around here!

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#11 Nov 8, 2012
200-250 pounds (way bigger than a German shepherd) is quite a pig. What does it take to bring one down? Did the officers use pistols or heavier arms?
jay the dj

Utica, NY

#12 Nov 8, 2012
The somalians bring these animals here as pups then when they grow & cant fit in the apt they cant handle these suckers so they turn em loose & hope the Pakistanis or Burmese will find it & kill it for food
Big Pig

Whitesboro, NY

#13 Nov 8, 2012
As I heard it today the rest of the story goes like this: That was not a true feral boar. It belonged to a local that has two of them and had them in captivity for a while. This one got out a few days ago. The cops shot it and then took a pic with it. That pic was sent off to said cops friend who was coincidentally related to the Boars owner! Lets see if this story gets told and the pic gets released. Just sayin'. This would indicate there is NOT an influx of these creatures as the news is currently reporting. Perhaps the owner will come forward.
utica leaders

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Nov 8, 2012
i have watched wild boars in action and all they do is run away period the cops are f up for fireing a gun in the city for no reason even when they are cornered they dont attack i have seen woman take them down alive and string them up ?
utica leaders

Whitesboro, NY

#15 Nov 8, 2012
upd chief says he wants them to be truthfull with him and clearly these officers are not being truthfull any hunter/and or zoo keeper knows this
coonhill

Manlius, NY

#16 Nov 8, 2012
That's a shocker !! it wasn't turned into hog jowls and pigs feet in 3mins.
coonhill

Manlius, NY

#17 Nov 8, 2012
Sad ! welfare has made the spear chuckers lose their aim.
coonhill

Manlius, NY

#18 Nov 8, 2012
utica leaders wrote:
i have watched wild boars in action and all they do is run away period the cops are f up for fireing a gun in the city for no reason even when they are cornered they dont attack i have seen woman take them down alive and string them up ?
Stop letting your mother roam free and your sister won't have to take her down.

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#19 Nov 8, 2012
frankcor wrote:
The big-titted Lady Hoggers!!!
reader

Brattleboro, VT

#20 Nov 8, 2012
utica leaders wrote:
Really? Is that why certain states have all year hunting permitted on them? These animals are known to be extremely vicious and rapidly reproduce they are a huge problem for farmers down south because they run in packs and often attack livestock and humans I think u need to do a little more research or stop reading the PETA forums
Boz

Albany, NY

#21 Nov 8, 2012
coonhill wrote:
That's a shocker !! it wasn't turned into hog jowls and pigs feet in 3mins.
And don't forget the chitlens and hog maw. Yummy.
dude

Watertown, MA

#22 Nov 8, 2012
So what some of you are saying they should of not shot it and just let it wander and kill someone's dog or pet? Or maybe rummage your trash it dig up lawns? Get real it needed to be shot and it was a male boar and would of kept breading . How many more are around here you PETA losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
taber road - new hartford - cancer road? (Feb '09) 10 min moles 10
Down syndrome smith bras trans living 12 min moles 3
D AND D AUTO SALES/BODY RUTGER/oriskany (Apr '13) 13 min Que 79
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 21 min Memorial Day Sock 6,135
What is going on with Don Shipmans hair? 1 hr Avid viewer 3
varsity baseball 1 hr great job 10
Five guys owner racist 2 hr Lennie 2
Im really glad your precious comets lost. 8 hr STFU hockeyqueen 44
Tony's Audilicous 9 hr Esches Boys Nite 12
Pistol Permits in Oneida County 9 hr More fckn CNY losers 43