Lapolla Business Park?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
omg

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 16, 2013
Right! Name the park after a corrupt mayor who drove the city into the ground, hired relatives by the score, did nothing but whine continually if anyone dared suggest that maybe there was a problem. And now, he monopolizes the school board and still tries to hire relatives by the score and control everything in illegal executive sessions. He has sat on the board for years and the district is at its lowest point in all history with regards to the children's competency in reading, math, etc. The guy is a loser, contributed greatly to the ruin of this area and deserves to be forgotten and his azz booted out of public view. No one wants to remember this joker. He probably put the idea in those lame brain council members heads to do this. Booooh and hiss to the very idea.
leadership

Herkimer, NY

#2 Jul 16, 2013
Never name after a living person.....mattie brown anyone? Ed Hanna....resigned in shame over a sex scandal!!! Glad I moved to the burbs!
Unbelievable

Needham Heights, MA

#3 Jul 16, 2013
Zecca and Vescera. Maybe the park should be named after them. The politics with these two nobodies is ridiculous. What has these two done for our area? All the noise they make with nothing complete.
Steve

Little Falls, NY

#4 Jul 16, 2013
My god. This has to be the most assanine thing that this council has proposed and there has been a lot of stupid things. Lou LaPolla ruined downtown Utica and Utica in general.
sam

Rome, NY

#5 Jul 16, 2013
they ought to name the fruit loop after him
Dimeo

Ithaca, NY

#6 Jul 16, 2013
Seriously!?!? This thing destroyed downtown and sits nearly empty today. It was the biggest mistake ever for downtown. I guess Zecca and Vescera think Lapolla can get them some votes this election year.
vinny boombots

Selkirk, NY

#7 Jul 16, 2013
How 'bout the Mariano Rivera business park. Now, there's class!
kim

Utica, NY

#8 Jul 17, 2013
Don't forget it was Lapolla who let the city's public pools at Addison Miller and Buckley go to ruin to the point where they were almost lost. No maintenance, no care during his administration and then when public outrage finally reached deafening tones, he shortens the pools so they are nothing more than glorified wading pools with no boards. They were marvelous deep ended pools for years and now forever and all time they are shallow water kiddie pools. He was the worst Mayor this town ever had, and yes, he needs to be forgotten and out of sight.
sensitive

Utica, NY

#9 Jul 17, 2013
Outrage should follow from this and shame on Zecca for pandering to this complete ego maniac...he treated waitresses bartenders and service employees like crap his whole life...his only fans are old ladies from East Utica...a business park named after a man with no business sense is typical Utica crap.
Harold

AOL

#10 Jul 17, 2013
It seems all the haters come out when there is disagreement.I wonder how many of these people were fired for not doing their job.
klb

Utica, NY

#11 Jul 17, 2013
come on whats next. the rob palmieri auditorium. the tony picenti aerterial. bruce karam school building on the parkway. gimmie a break.
ern

Utica, NY

#12 Jul 17, 2013
Harold wrote:
It seems all the haters come out when there is disagreement.I wonder how many of these people were fired for not doing their job.
Probably none since he hired mostly friends and relatives.
portia

Utica, NY

#13 Jul 17, 2013
Louie Lapolla took tens of thousands of dollars from Angela Elephant for reelection campaigns and then he would turn around and back stab her. Two faces, forked tongue Louie is one of the biggest snakes around. Watch the azzhole on the school channel sometime for a laugh--or a cry--clearly he knows nothing and wants to be center stage. He started out as a kindergarten teacher and he couldn't even handle that.
Utica I

Herkimer, NY

#14 Jul 17, 2013
Harold wrote:
No hater here....you are probably Lou! Any council that votes for this stupid idea should not receive our votes in November. I WILL PERSONALLY REMIND EVERYONE WHAT COUNCIL MEMBERS VOTE YES!!!! Back in the 80's economic development had big money...wasn't too difficult to run a city at that point.
kim

Utica, NY

#15 Jul 17, 2013
He gave some relative a job at Jones School years ago as a teacher's aide. Mary Ann Lapolla. A nuclear warhead could not make that fatazz move faster than a snail. She does nothing but eat for most of the day. The kids she is supposed to be helping learn nothing and very often regress when she is assigned to them. Keep your kid away from her. These are the kind of hires by Lapolla that have caused the district to bottom out. Any normal district would have gotten rid of her within a week.
Utican

Utica, NY

#16 Jul 17, 2013
Pathetic excuse for a mayor. And he was a cross-dresser too. Many who work in City Hall know.
City Hall Stooge

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Jul 17, 2013
There was a time during Lou's tenure as Mayor of Utica, where you had to grease Lpollas hand by giving him $1000 cash in a Lunch Bag to be appointed as a cop in the Utica Police Department!! And for 2k he would fix your Civil Service test score so you would pass and be appointed by him!! rumor has that he buried all of his cash in a treasure chest in his back yard?
Dave

Syracuse, NY

#18 Jul 17, 2013
He is forcing the Common council to out his name on the Park and Vescerra is doing the dirty work behind he scenes! There all afraid of him!!,
Dominick

Anonymous Proxy

#19 Jul 17, 2013
They should name the Utica Dump after him not the Utica Business Park!!!
unga

Utica, NY

#20 Jul 17, 2013
Dave wrote:
He is forcing the Common council to out his name on the Park and Vescerra is doing the dirty work behind he scenes! There all afraid of him!!,
He has no real power. He is an old windbag that likes to be on stage. And he has some real hair issues. To be afraid of that idiot is to be less than a man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Youth Hockey 10 min Trust me 2
jill real 49 min Marky mark 34
purple cow wings (Nov '14) 50 min Trump 9
What Can you tell me about Amanda LoGalbo 2 hr bullshlt 2
State Legion Tourney 7 hr Skip 625 8
Hillary Best Choice 8 hr Oops 13
top basketball players 9 hr Hoop Comment 19
Turning stone 15 hr Murder 48

Utica Jobs

More from around the web