Did they ever find the Hutchings girl that vanished?

Posted in the Utica Forum

Blimpsious

United States

#1 Dec 6, 2008
I was wondering if anyone heard of any progress in the search for michelle hutchings. Its been years now since she vanished off the James street area without a trace,I see her brother george often with memorial stickers on his truck but I never ask him. I know she had a on/off again drug problem so I'm sure if her disappearance was drug related someone must know something about what was done to her.
Moose

Rome, NY

#2 Dec 8, 2008
She is still missing. Her mother is a friend of the family and the police dropped the ball on all of their leads. They wrote her off as a crack addict and didnt want to be bothered looking for her. She was clean for YEARS, but they still treat her like a crack addict that they cant be wasting their time on finding. Its really a shame. She was on the right path.
Sorry

New York, NY

#3 Dec 8, 2008
Moose wrote:
She is still missing. Her mother is a friend of the family and the police dropped the ball on all of their leads. They wrote her off as a crack addict and didnt want to be bothered looking for her. She was clean for YEARS, but they still treat her like a crack addict that they cant be wasting their time on finding. Its really a shame. She was on the right path.

I think Michelle fell off the wagon. Why would she just be dropped off in a seedy section? Sightseeing??? I doubt it very much. I don't think she would have EVER been clean for the rest of her life. Every time I saw her she said "I'm getting better" etc.I think her addiction ultimately cost her life.
blimpsious

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2008
Im sure that it was her addiction that was the reson for her disappearance, this filthhole called "Utica" has a small enough population that someone should have been able to put together some sort of leads in the case. I knew her since 5th grade and used to party with both her and her mother throughout high school and let me tell you that her mother contributed alot to michelles addiction problems. I could tell you about countless times we drank and smoked pot with her mother at the mothers place. Her mother used to let all us guys sleep at her house after long night of partying and alot of guys were alot older than michelle was. I can point a finger at her much older boyfriend that helped get her into coke/crack and that was when it all fell apart for her. Im not saying her mom put the crackpipe into her hands but michelle was going down a slippery slope that noone tried to get her off early enough, it was unfortunate that her father claude wasnt around in the beginning because he might have been able to get her off the drugs. I knew the whole family, but her brothers Jim and George I knew the better than her parents and Jim and George both were fighting to get her away from the bad influences around her but they were just to late, HOPEFULLY the damn cops get off their asses and help bring closure to that family and find out what happened to her.
Wondering

New York, NY

#5 Dec 10, 2008
blimpsious wrote:
Im sure that it was her addiction that was the reson for her disappearance, this filthhole called "Utica" has a small enough population that someone should have been able to put together some sort of leads in the case. I knew her since 5th grade and used to party with both her and her mother throughout high school and let me tell you that her mother contributed alot to michelles addiction problems. I could tell you about countless times we drank and smoked pot with her mother at the mothers place. Her mother used to let all us guys sleep at her house after long night of partying and alot of guys were alot older than michelle was. I can point a finger at her much older boyfriend that helped get her into coke/crack and that was when it all fell apart for her. Im not saying her mom put the crackpipe into her hands but michelle was going down a slippery slope that noone tried to get her off early enough, it was unfortunate that her father claude wasnt around in the beginning because he might have been able to get her off the drugs. I knew the whole family, but her brothers Jim and George I knew the better than her parents and Jim and George both were fighting to get her away from the bad influences around her but they were just to late, HOPEFULLY the damn cops get off their asses and help bring closure to that family and find out what happened to her.
Who was her boyfriend who got her hooked?
Blimpsious

United States

#6 Dec 10, 2008
John F. is about as far as I'll go w/his name here online. Im obviously in no way blaming him for her death but her mother knew that they were doing hardcore drugs and didnt do anything to stop her early on. Anyone is our circle of friends reading this will easily be able to put together who "jonnie" is, I can remember countless times Michelle would wad her car up because she was so messed up on pills or she would pretty much blackout from all the shit she was doing. She became so unstable that our friends wouldnt let her or "jonnie" into our parties because we were either worried they would fight each other and have the cops come or they would steal shit to go get some dope. "Jonnie" cleaned up his act shortly after their breakup and is married with kids now I heard, but the old habits never really left Michelle. Crack isnt a easy habit to kick for any addict, but the obvious is that a dealer or fellow addict obviously knows what happened to her and needs to clear their conscience and let her family get some closure because its obviously a cold case in Utica by now and without someone coming forth will probably never get solved.
hopefull

United States

#7 Dec 10, 2008
i saw michelle about a year to 6 months b4 she came up missing...she came to the mall to purchase a few things from the store i worked at, she wasnt with john that day just some old creepy guy who looked spanish maybe mexican...i helped her out that day for about a half hour...she told me as well she was doing better but wanted to leave the area...i attended the same school as her just one grade above and we were sorta friends...i sure hope all is well with her!
blimpsious

United States

#8 Dec 11, 2008
Im sure that I would know you then, ya we can hope she is ok but the odds are against it.
wondering

Nedrow, NY

#9 Feb 27, 2011
is it true they were looking for this girls body behind casa,about a year ago?
old friend

Stamford, CT

#10 May 3, 2014
I am a very old acquaintance of Michelle's. I hadn't spoken to her in years. I'm not from the Utica area but around the time she went missing, I went to look her up & all I found were reports that she had been missing.

Whether or not her disappearance is drug related or not, it still warrants a search in the least or additional follow-up on any leads.

This is an example, that does not depict law enforcement in a good light-
If any additional info is found & you know anything please update these type of posts so that others like me, as well as myself can find out about her ....

Thank you
Danielle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bullying Utica judge censured for calling lawye... 5 min shyecopath troll 37
nh lacrosse 8 min Bob 1
Review: Northeastern Roofing (Jun '12) 16 min Guess who 7
How to defeat the police licence plate readers: (Jul '10) 22 min shyecopath troll 178
why does spam FREAK HIDE where it lives 26 min shyecopath troll 5
Here Fake CISCO Engineer little one 34 min shyecopath troll 1
Uneducated Failures Stalk Topix Feed By obama 41 min shyecopath troll 1
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 44 min Tamaki Whitfield 536
Why's did ND trying to hide -PIonish- underage ... 2 hr Lol Sambotech FAIL 14
Sex W/ Teacher 5 hr Not uncommon 11
ND Girl's Basketball coach posts....???? 20 hr never met him 3
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:14 pm PST