Handicapped parking

Posted in the Utica Forum

hate that

New York, NY

#1 Nov 23, 2009
You have to wonder how much some people are compassionate towards others. Went to New Hartford Shopping Center today, seen a car pull into the handicapped parking space, the very young driver hangs a handicapped tag on the rear view mirror and gets out of the car. She was probably in her early 20's, there was absolutely nothing wrong with her at all. Everyone knows this happens all the time everywhere. How fair is this to the handicapped person that needs that parking spot to cut down on their walking distance? Every time I see this I want to confront that person and say why are you so disrespectful towards the handicapped and see what their response is. Makes you wonder how much people really care for each other.
Long Time Utican

Auburn, NY

#2 Nov 23, 2009
Another place is in front of the Courthouse here in Utica. There are only a limited number of handicapped parking slots in front of the Courthouse and every time I've had to go there, at least 6 out of 8 cars parked in these slots do NOT have a Handicapped sticker or plate on their cars!!!

The Courthouse has an abudance of Sheriff Officers, who not only act as Security but patrol the parking lots for others who have parked too long, or in spaces where it is "reserved" for one of many big wigs of Oneida County. NONE of these people have ever ticketed one of these illegally parked Handicapped parkers.
DODUH

Utica, NY

#4 Nov 23, 2009
How do you know shes not retarded?I hope you feel bad that you are putting down a young woman who has mental problems and could get lost if she had to walk any farther!

IF SHE GETS LOST BY WALKING, THEN SHE HAS NO RIGHT DRIVING.
Beanz

Stony Brook, NY

#6 Nov 23, 2009
DODUH wrote:
How do you know shes not retarded?I hope you feel bad that you are putting down a young woman who has mental problems and could get lost if she had to walk any farther!
IF SHE GETS LOST BY WALKING, THEN SHE HAS NO RIGHT DRIVING.
LMAO!!!!!
Tony Soprano

New York, NY

#7 Nov 23, 2009
Use this website to report handicap parking abuse.
http://www.handicappedfraud.org/
And leave this under their wipers.
http://www.handicappedfraud.org/pdf/handicapp...
I think

New York, NY

#8 Nov 23, 2009
hate that wrote:
You have to wonder how much some people are compassionate towards others. Went to New Hartford Shopping Center today, seen a car pull into the handicapped parking space, the very young driver hangs a handicapped tag on the rear view mirror and gets out of the car. She was probably in her early 20's, there was absolutely nothing wrong with her at all. Everyone knows this happens all the time everywhere. How fair is this to the handicapped person that needs that parking spot to cut down on their walking distance? Every time I see this I want to confront that person and say why are you so disrespectful towards the handicapped and see what their response is. Makes you wonder how much people really care for each other.
That was my grand daughter coming to pick me up in my car. I'm in a wheelchair and can't drive any more. She puts the handicap tag on the mirror just so I don't have to be pushed so far back to my car. Please don't blame her. It's not my fault I was wounded in Viet Nam and had to use your space because your only handicap is your f'n stupid.
Just sayin

United States

#9 Nov 23, 2009
Why is it that walmart and all the other stores with shopping carts do not put cart returns near the handicapped spots? It helps two ways - sometimes it is easier to walk in holding on to a cart and you do not have to just leave your cart to hit someone's car when you come out. If you need to park close to the store then you can't walk halfway across the lot to the cart return. One great exception Hanniford in Washington Mills.

And another thing, with the population getting older, places need more handicapped spots. Sometimes it is very hard to find one and in some places some genius has put the handicapped spots further away than some of the regular ones.

Lets put the AARP on the case LOL
Abbe Norml

Rome, NY

#10 Nov 23, 2009
Retailers will not enforce Handicap Parking b/c they don't want to alienate shoppers that frequent their stores. Complain to the retailer.
Cheese Wiz

Ithaca, NY

#11 Nov 24, 2009
I say keep a can of Cheese Wiz in your car. When you see it happen wait till they go into the store and then put some under the door handle. They get a big surprise when they come out. Maybe a typed note to telling them why they got Wizzed.
gone

Syracuse, NY

#12 Nov 24, 2009
you are bad wrote:
<quoted text>How dare you! How do you know shes not retarded?I hope you feel bad that you are putting down a young woman who has mental problems and could get lost if she had to walk any farther! Did you go up to this young retarted girl and ask her if she was retarded??? I'm sure you didnt, SHAME ON YOU!
You're retarded.
munchkin

Nedrow, NY

#14 Nov 24, 2009
I think what is worse are the people, like at Chanatry's, Parkway Drugs, etc., that park where there are no parking spots. Where is says no parking and it's hard to get around them. No hanicapped sign anywhere in site. Just simply lazy.
Handicapped

Agawam, MA

#15 Nov 13, 2013
hate that wrote:
Just goes to show how ignorant people can be! I lost my left foot in a motorcycle accident because a careless driver ran me over and wear a prosthetic leg and am in massive pain every day and every minute of my life. NO ONE CAN TELL I'VE BEEN TOLD! So just because you can't see or tell that doesn't mean a damn thing!!!! So "assume" what you want ASS. I dare anyone to say a word to me because I will take out all my anger and frustration out on YOU. Dare you!!!!
Youth

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 13, 2013
I see it every week at Price Chopper. Young kids, late teens, park right in front of the entrance. Leave their car there. Don't have the decency to park in a normal parking lot. Causes traffic jams, etc. I bet that if they put a cop car in that lot for one day, they would write over 50 tickets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
good reading for those who hate for no reason 22 min Book of Daniel 1
Hannaford's 24 min friendly people 2
Employment Agencies 36 min Old Timer 4
Why did ND girls bball coach get fired 50 min Juggler 14
Old School Bar and Grill Set to Open in East Utica 52 min Graham 4
Flying Uticans 1 hr joemama 5
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 1 hr too much 543
Piersma, you getting blindsided by Childrens Mu... 8 hr As always 11
New Hartford's Quiet Teenage Heroin Problem 16 hr Funny Sad Uticans 13
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:17 pm PST

NFL 4:17PM
Keith Rivers signs one-year contract with Cowboys
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie Would Be Perfect for New York Jets Reunion
NFL 7:37 AM
Rudolph: Cassel gives Bills chance to make playoffs
Bleacher Report 9:21 AM
Ryan Showing He Hasn't Learned from Mistakes
Bleacher Report 9:21 AM
Ryan Showing He Hasn't Learned from Mistakes
Yahoo! Sports 9:29 AM
Giants TE Larry Donnell OK after his plane skids off runway at LaGuardia
NFL 9:30 AM
Larry Donnell on plane that skidded off runway in N.Y.
ESPN 9:49 AM
TE Donnell OK after plane skids off runway
Bleacher Report10:29 AM
Instagram: Giants' Donnell on Plane That Skidded off Runway
CBS Sports12:53 PM
Report: Chances of Giants signing Ndamukong Suh 'unrealistic'