teo

Liverpool, NY

#65 Sep 23, 2012
If I didn't mention droughts why did you accuse me of the same? Although I did point out Federal over reach on a serious issue you have now changed your argument.

"Never mind" is not an argument.

As far as someone as simplistic as you referring to Milton Freeman and implying I have no idea what his theories are is insulting.

You are really a true representation of your avatar.

A clown. Especially when it comes to economics.

Or actually having read those whom they cite.
His name

Utica, NY

#66 Sep 24, 2012
His technical name per his job duties is, Spunk Mop Jockey!
Theater Girl

Dracut, MA

#68 Sep 24, 2012
Fu Fu Fish wrote:
I think this individual may have the most disgusting job in the Mohawk Valley.
I'd love to be a theater slut....where can I be one in the Utica area?
Sandy Acres

Baldwinsville, NY

#69 Sep 25, 2012
The truth be told I tink his name is Pat Collea. He doubles as a asecurity guard. Does he do a good job? Not really sure I guess the proof is in the Pudding!, the MAN PUDDING that is.

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#70 Sep 25, 2012
Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>PIcture that one! The day you think you can work up your testosterone levels to try I'll turn you upside down and shit in your ass idiot.
You've been here raving for years and still have zero cred. Oh just admit it. You're still pissed off about the genocide that wiped out the cro magnon. It's a family thing.
You threatening me, douchbag? We can arrange any meeting you want.

As for "shitting in my ass", save the homoerotic scat stuff for your bouyfriend.

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#71 Sep 25, 2012
teo wrote:
If I didn't mention droughts why did you accuse me of the same? Although I did point out Federal over reach on a serious issue you have now changed your argument.
"Never mind" is not an argument.
As far as someone as simplistic as you referring to Milton Freeman and implying I have no idea what his theories are is insulting.
You are really a true representation of your avatar.
A clown. Especially when it comes to economics.
Or actually having read those whom they cite.
No, you didn't mention droughts. That was my whole point. You were pointing to QE2 (which happened last year) for the rise in food prices, when the drought last summer was the cause. Get it?

And you know nothing about Milton Friedman. He was one of the leading architects of the monetary theory you repeatedly scorn.

And by the way, it's not "Freeman". It's Friedman.

Good grief.
teo

Tully, NY

#73 Sep 26, 2012
Truthy,

Why yes you are correct it is Friedman not "Freeman" so I will give you that.

No I don't scorn responsible Federal Reserve monetary policies.

Unfortunately the Feds policies over the last few years have been anything but responsible. It started with Greenspan and has continued ever since.

Milton Friedman would be horrified with what they are doing if he were alive.

You seem to be enamored of your understanding of economics so please in your own words describe how you would create economic prosperity.

Borrow more money?

Borrow more from yourself?(i.e. QE 1, 2,3, and a couple of twists in between?)

You can't use Maynard Keynes theories because we've already gone well beyond his boundaries.

C'mon smart guy fix this without damaging the private economy any more than it has been in the last few years.

Either that or you lose the argument.

Step up to the plate pal.

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#74 Sep 27, 2012
teo wrote:
Truthy,
Why yes you are correct it is Friedman not "Freeman" so I will give you that.
No I don't scorn responsible Federal Reserve monetary policies.
Unfortunately the Feds policies over the last few years have been anything but responsible. It started with Greenspan and has continued ever since.
Milton Friedman would be horrified with what they are doing if he were alive.
You seem to be enamored of your understanding of economics so please in your own words describe how you would create economic prosperity.
Borrow more money?
Borrow more from yourself?(i.e. QE 1, 2,3, and a couple of twists in between?)
You can't use Maynard Keynes theories because we've already gone well beyond his boundaries.
C'mon smart guy fix this without damaging the private economy any more than it has been in the last few years.
Either that or you lose the argument.
Step up to the plate pal.
We have a demand problem. As Keynes (and Friedman) predicted, we are in a prolnged economic slump after a horrible financial crisis. The housing bubble's collapse casued a tidle wave of bank failure and economic destrcution which spread like a contagion through the (world) ecconomy. Banks stopped lending, causing a liquidity crisis and the economy came to a grinding halt. People fearful of the status of banks and money ran to get their money, cashed out investments, and stopped spending. The economy cratered.

Making matters worse, the housing bubble's collapse wiped out millions of people's net worth overnight. Suddenly, people were over levereged, upside down in their finances, and facing huge debt to asset ratios. People have stopped consumung and instead have concentrated on paying down their debt. Our economy is driven mosly by consumption. So when everyone stops consuming, and instead starts paying down their own debt, that placs a major drag on the economy.

The government should step into the void temporarily while this works itself out. We shouldn't be firing cops, firefighters, school teachers, prison guards, probation officers, or any public workers. We should be hiring those public workers who lost their jobs during the great austerity play which has been occurring at the state and local levels for over 2 years now. We also should be rebuilding our infrastructure. It's not wasteful spending if its needed. While interest rates are zero, there is no better time to borrow money.

Economically, there is no long term detriment to a deficit of 1.2 trillion vs. 900B. It is statisically meainingless in the long run. But in the short term, it would increase GDP, lower unemployement, and increase long term productivity. We should not be doing anything about the deficit until the markets show some sign that we need to do so, which would coincide with more robust GDP growth and steady, rapid decline in unemployment. Then, we should address the deficit and we will be better able to do so.

Those are just a few short term measures which would help ease the unnecessary economic suffering being experienced by millions of people.
teo

Liverpool, NY

#75 Sep 27, 2012
Truthy,

You have not only changed the conversation away from cum mopers and continued it into some gobbledygook faux economic speak and you continue to argue that by inflating currency that that will somehow correct past damages done by the Federal Reserve.

You are either naive, foolish, deceitful or just a partisan shill when you defend the current administration and its Fed shenanigans.

You are at the same time defending the Bushies. Greenspan's policies were ridiculous because they engaged in the same crazy economic policies.

After reading your "thoughtful" post earlier you are either a fool or and articulate idiot.

Either way you have not explained how "borrowing from Peter to pay Paul" is an economic philosophy that will bring future prosperity.

Your Krugmanesque religion is kind of pathetic.

Your inability to point to an economy that has thrived under his theories is telling.

Perhaps you could tell us how Professor Krugman's theories about labor and such has helped the Euro be a successful currency.

Or you could just dazzle us once more with oblique nonsensical gibberish.

C'mon buddy, prove your worth.

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#76 Sep 30, 2012
teo wrote:
Truthy,
You have not only changed the conversation away from cum mopers and continued it into some gobbledygook faux economic speak and you continue to argue that by inflating currency that that will somehow correct past damages done by the Federal Reserve.
You are either naive, foolish, deceitful or just a partisan shill when you defend the current administration and its Fed shenanigans.
You are at the same time defending the Bushies. Greenspan's policies were ridiculous because they engaged in the same crazy economic policies.
After reading your "thoughtful" post earlier you are either a fool or and articulate idiot.
Either way you have not explained how "borrowing from Peter to pay Paul" is an economic philosophy that will bring future prosperity.
Your Krugmanesque religion is kind of pathetic.
Your inability to point to an economy that has thrived under his theories is telling.
Perhaps you could tell us how Professor Krugman's theories about labor and such has helped the Euro be a successful currency.
Or you could just dazzle us once more with oblique nonsensical gibberish.
C'mon buddy, prove your worth.
LOL. You just spent multiple paragraphs saying nothing. What is your cure for the current depressed economy? How do you explain it?

Oh, as for Greenspan and Bush, two points: 1. There is a pretty significant difference between easy money policy in a depressed economy and easy money when the economy is NOT depressed; see Milton Friedman, or as you know him , "Milton Freeman." 2. Greenspan's and Bush's failure to oversee our financial markets was a dominant factor in the collapse of the world economy. Sadly, we apparently have not learned our lesson.

I explained why deficit spending is necesary in a depressed economy. I don't see the point in repeating it. We've seen how "growth through austerity" has worked in Europe. The short answer: Not So Much.

Your name calling as substitute for anything substantive is tedious. Rather than tiresome rhetoric and fall-back insults, what exactly is it that you would have us do? Quick, bounce over to the Romney website....
teo

Liverpool, NY

#77 Sep 30, 2012
Truthy,

I had forgotten an old saying that was passed on to me by my grandmother:

"Never get into an argument with an idiot. He will only drag you down to his level and then he will win by experience.".

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#78 Sep 30, 2012
teo wrote:
Truthy,
I had forgotten an old saying that was passed on to me by my grandmother:
"Never get into an argument with an idiot. He will only drag you down to his level and then he will win by experience.".
She should have given you this advice: "Never get into an argument when you don't know what the f.ck you're talking about. Your stupidity will come shining through."

Oh, nice economic analysis. Althought this beats your hackneyed cliches and name calling.

“sum 'wit it.......”

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

Baldwinsville, NY

#79 Oct 1, 2012
teo wrote:
Truthy,
I had forgotten an old saying that was passed on to me by my grandmother:
"Never get into an argument with an idiot. He will only drag you down to his level and then he will win by experience.".
So true.......so true..........
rob maciol duz wit donuts

Rome, NY

#80 Oct 1, 2012
i was always told that rob maciol soaks the mess up with his donuts twice a day, and thats what keeps his protein levels normal and makes his teeth so shiny!!!!!!!!!!

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Utica, NY

#81 Feb 20, 2013
Theater Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to be a theater slut....where can I be one in the Utica area?
I'm looking for a theater slut here in Utica. Maybe we can help each other. I wonder about Adult World on Oriskany Blvd.?
Crunchy

Utica, NY

#82 Feb 20, 2013
Ian Hob mops the floors with his tongue!
Shamrock Lady

United States

#83 Jul 10, 2013
This sounds like a very interesting job. Does anyone know if they are looking for help?
I do

Whitesboro, NY

#84 Jul 10, 2013
Hey, I make $30/hr doing this, wear gloves, a little mopping, free movies and you ought to see the CLEAN wives that go in by themselves.
CCP is Trash

New Hartford, NY

#85 Jul 10, 2013
I do wrote:
Hey, I make $30/hr doing this, wear gloves, a little mopping, free movies and you ought to see the CLEAN wives that go in by themselves.
BS, me and mammy have the contract and it's only for a little space out back to give $1.00 rimmers and $2.00 gummers.

Ask for me, Cliffy, next time you drop by!
poor baby

Utica, NY

#86 Jul 10, 2013
U do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Central Paving Paving in the Dark on Kellogg Rd... 4 min santheman 3
Highschool dropout mayor 56 min Colage Gaduate 7
What should I do if I hit my Ding-Dong? 1 hr ssc 2
Runners Sheep Ride 1 hr Da Law 3
Nano trouble 2 hr Nano Neverwas 4
(anyone know a polish guy named martin in west ... 2 hr ssc 1
Best Subs in the area? (Jun '11) 3 hr ilms72 23
Bernadette Romano-Clark 5 hr disgusted 32
OMG fat firemen on tv 9 hr Used Car Selling ... 8
Matt Scialdone 9 hr BlacklistRed 18
Parkway Drugs Pharmacy is the Worst. 9 hr BlacklistRed 17
The WORST Contractors in Central NY (May '10) 14 hr Take that bow 295
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica Jobs

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]