North Utica getting as bad as W Utica...

North Utica getting as bad as W Utica and Cornhill

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
going downhill

Syracuse, NY

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Utica OD stories. I'd be worried, very worried.

North Utica man accused of sexually abusing child

North Utica man accused of assaulting victim at
Well

East Syracuse, NY

#2 Feb 9, 2013
Anywhere there's 2 family homes you will get trash moving in.. Not to say that everyone that rents is bad but in large part they don't care about anything or any property. So yes it will continue to get bad as they destroy east west now south and north.these people are like termites they absolutely destroy houses. It's not because of the so called slum lords. The landlords are trapped once they get a bad seed moved in because codes and the court will allow the tenant to wreck things then hold the rent then hold the landlord responsible for the destruction
Anonymous

United States

#3 Feb 9, 2013
Well wrote:
Anywhere there's 2 family homes you will get trash moving in.. Not to say that everyone that rents is bad but in large part they don't care about anything or any property. So yes it will continue to get bad as they destroy east west now south and north.these people are like termites they absolutely destroy houses. It's not because of the so called slum lords. The landlords are trapped once they get a bad seed moved in because codes and the court will allow the tenant to wreck things then hold the rent then hold the landlord responsible for the destruction
sorry hunnybun. No comparison in NU to cornhill!
going downhill

Syracuse, NY

#4 Feb 9, 2013
Well wrote:
Anywhere there's 2 family homes you will get trash moving in.. Not to say that everyone that rents is bad but in large part they don't care about anything or any property. So yes it will continue to get bad as they destroy east west now south and north.these people are like termites they absolutely destroy houses. It's not because of the so called slum lords. The landlords are trapped once they get a bad seed moved in because codes and the court will allow the tenant to wreck things then hold the rent then hold the landlord responsible for the destruction
You hit the nail right on the head. As people continue to move because of higher taxes and bad schools life isn't what it use to be. There is no such thing as good sections or bad sections of Utica anymore. NU crime has been up and in the news for crime quite often this last year. It even seems to be getting worse.
No Escape

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 9, 2013
Msdazzle wrote:
<quoted text>sorry hunnybun. No comparison in NU to cornhill!
Not yet.
not at all

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 9, 2013
N utica still nice parkedge needs to stop with the section 8 then all the nonsense will stop
what da

East Granby, CT

#7 Feb 9, 2013
Herkimer road motels are home to sex offenders. Just check the registry. Add long as these pedophiles are allowed in our neighborhoods, this well be common.
abc

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 9, 2013
not at all wrote:
N utica still nice parkedge needs to stop with the section 8 then all the nonsense will stop
We also need to stop giving old farts Soc. Sec. Nana
truth is known

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 9, 2013
going downhill wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit the nail right on the head. As people continue to move because of higher taxes and bad schools life isn't what it use to be. There is no such thing as good sections or bad sections of Utica anymore. NU crime has been up and in the news for crime quite often this last year. It even seems to be getting worse.
Most of these criminals were tenants!!!!!

The girl that was shot in the back of her head lived in Parkedge which is now flooded with Section 8 tenants. Parkedge has turned into nothing but trash.
Not truth

Utica, NY

#10 Feb 9, 2013
truth is known wrote:
<quoted text>Most of these criminals were tenants!!!!!
The girl that was shot in the back of her head lived in Parkedge which is now flooded with Section 8 tenants. Parkedge has turned into nothing but trash.
Good job labeling the entire development because of a few bad tenants! I know more than a few hard working decent people and families that live in Parkedge that don't deserve to be labeled as trash! But that's okay, because under your way of thinking, the people in Deerfield and New Hartford will be perfectly within their rights to label North Utica as trash town! You just remember not to say anything to them about their opinion because THEY know it for fact now just as you know every "renter" in Parkedge is trash!
slapanut

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 9, 2013
going downhill wrote:
Utica OD stories. I'd be worried, very worried.
You're nuts. So a couple of criminals got caught in NU doesn't mean NU is on a downward spiral. Dumbazz......
slapanut

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 9, 2013
NU compared to West Utica and Cornhill? Yeah right! In your dreams. There's more crap going in in West Utica and Cornhill EVERY NIGHT than in NU.
truth is known

Utica, NY

#13 Feb 9, 2013
Not truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job labeling the entire development because of a few bad tenants! I know more than a few hard working decent people and families that live in Parkedge that don't deserve to be labeled as trash! But that's okay, because under your way of thinking, the people in Deerfield and New Hartford will be perfectly within their rights to label North Utica as trash town! You just remember not to say anything to them about their opinion because THEY know it for fact now just as you know every "renter" in Parkedge is trash!
How many "families" live in Parkedge that are black to those that are white?

It is not just Parkedge, but Candlewick is also taking Section 8 tenants!

Both of these used to be for the Middle Class working people and was a nice place to live if you could afford to do so. As the jobs started leaving, so did the Middle Class and Mgm't had no recourse but to open up both of these places to Section 8 tenants - which has led to the downfall of the repulation for both of these places!

Do you feel safe living at Parkedge now that you've heard how that girls EX-boyfriend busted into her apt. and was waiting for her when she came home!!!!! Where was the Security and Maintenance men that allowed this to happen?
really

Utica, NY

#14 Feb 9, 2013
truth is known wrote:
<quoted text>How many "families" live in Parkedge that are black to those that are white?
It is not just Parkedge, but Candlewick is also taking Section 8 tenants!
Both of these used to be for the Middle Class working people and was a nice place to live if you could afford to do so. As the jobs started leaving, so did the Middle Class and Mgm't had no recourse but to open up both of these places to Section 8 tenants - which has led to the downfall of the repulation for both of these places!
Do you feel safe living at Parkedge now that you've heard how that girls EX-boyfriend busted into her apt. and was waiting for her when she came home!!!!! Where was the Security and Maintenance men that allowed this to happen?
Name one apartment or townhouse complex that has it's own security. The maintenance men didn't allow anything to happen. It is part of Utica which is supposed to be patrolled and protected by UPD, but you don't blame them, do you? You're another idiot that thinks all section 8 tenants are scum and all middle class people are good. You think middle class people don't buy drugs with their money? Guess again! You don't think middle class people don't pay for hookers? Guess again! Not every person living in Parkedge is a section 8 tenant! I don't live in Parkedge but I have enough sense to know that you can't judge everyone by one person's actions. Obviously you don't! And the killer went after someone he knew it wasn't random. That throws your do you feel safe question right out of the conversation. You keep thinking you're better than everyone else if that's what you need to do to make yourself feel better. But it doesn't matter now because now you're living in section 8 city, it doesn't matter what part of Utica you're in!
Glo

Utica, NY

#15 Feb 9, 2013
Nu LOL them house were built for poor people who came back from the war 60 years ago. Say what you want about south and east utica but them houses in nu look like plastic trailers. Looks like the wind could knock them down
who cares

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 10, 2013
Glo wrote:
Nu LOL them house were built for poor people who came back from the war 60 years ago. Say what you want about south and east utica but them houses in nu look like plastic trailers. Looks like the wind could knock them down
It is NOT the size of a house - it is home to many people that now have NO MORTGAGE to pay and their houses are all paid for.

The people that are living in them all care about their neighbors, have worked all their lives, and many are now enjoying the "good life".

For us that are living in N. Utica, we have known for the last 30 years that it is the best area that Utica has to offer and we are all happy living here.

When the koons do manage to come into NU, they quickly leave as no one makes them feel welcome - we have our own ways to keep trash out of here!!!!!

Go back to Cornhill and West Utica - that is where all your friends are and you can live like parasites sucking off the welfare system.
worse mayor ever

Syracuse, NY

#17 Feb 10, 2013
slapanut wrote:
NU compared to West Utica and Cornhill? Yeah right! In your dreams. There's more crap going in in West Utica and Cornhill EVERY NIGHT than in NU.
Recent drug arrests, murders, sex offenders, and crimes are just being reported the past year putting the spot light more and more on NU but it has always been there. There's Parkedge, the projects, ccomplexes and trailer trash that a bad economy brings out the worse of the worse. Agian I would be worried, very worried if I lived in NU. If you see any thing suspicious like drug dealers, heavy traffic in and out of homes, and suspect a crime is being commited call the police. NU use to be one of the nicer areas but the druggies, welfare, sex offenders, and criminals have been fing it comfortable there to and have went un-noticed until this years rash of arrests for all those things. Just because houses aren't boarded up there yet doesn't mean that crime doesn't exist. Just be careful and aware. Happy Journey Hotel is a prime example of the people in NU.
EnoughIsEnough

Windsor, CT

#18 Feb 10, 2013
Get rid of the rent assistance program and then you'll get rid of scumbag renters. Simple. The fact of the matter is the scumbags have the County paying their rent, so what do they care? Unfortunately landlords are so greedy they accept Section 8, but then don't want to deal with the problems that come with it. Sure it's nice to collect that County rent check on time and for the correct amount, but when they ruin your property then the issues start to come out they complain. Can't have your cake and eat it too when you live in a City that revolves around welfare.
Utica the fecal hole

United States

#19 Feb 10, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>It is NOT the size of a house - it is home to many people that now have NO MORTGAGE to pay and their houses are all paid for.
The people that are living in them all care about their neighbors, have worked all their lives, and many are now enjoying the "good life".
For us that are living in N. Utica, we have known for the last 30 years that it is the best area that Utica has to offer and we are all happy living here.
When the koons do manage to come into NU, they quickly leave as no one makes them feel welcome - we have our own ways to keep trash out of here!!!!!
Go back to Cornhill and West Utica - that is where all your friends are and you can live like parasites sucking off the welfare system.
That you even see any difference in NU EU or WU or SU AT ALL is a laugh.
Enjoy your frozen wasteland of taxes and racists up there. YOU are all trash to people who look at utica and laugh. Way to go! Yes we believe your part of the sewage hole is less scuzzy than the rest! LMAO! You people are so pathetic all you even have left is perceived image OMG!
Anonymous

United States

#20 Feb 10, 2013
Utica the fecal hole wrote:
<quoted text>That you even see any difference in NU EU or WU or SU AT ALL is a laugh.
Enjoy your frozen wasteland of taxes and racists up there. YOU are all trash to people who look at utica and laugh. Way to go! Yes we believe your part of the sewage hole is less scuzzy than the rest! LMAO! You people are so pathetic all you even have left is perceived image OMG!
in my opinion there is scum everywhere. There's just more scum in certain areas. There r scummers in whitesboro. And in NH. And in Rome. And yes, in Utica. Every part of town is slowly declining. What others r trying to get across to u is there r certain areas w a lot les scum than others. Make sense??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Ann Wood? (Nov '11) 2 hr someonesomepalxe 82
Designing Uticas Financial Future 5 hr Evo 2
" Help " I need my shed Moved (Apr '13) 6 hr Bonnie 63
True love 6 hr Wishing Sand 7
Poll who are you going to vote for Mayor and why? 7 hr Larry 44
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 7 hr Gerbers 36
Utica OD - No More TV Section 9 hr Rafe Hollister 10
The WORST Contractors in Central NY (May '10) 14 hr Someonewhoknows 293
lapolla thinks a mayor run 16 hr Truth 46
Name a business that's not around anymore. (Oct '13) Sun Class of sixty-two 229
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]