hannah ignores unemployed but wants our vote

Posted in the Utica Forum

Nan

Utica, NY

#1 Jan 31, 2014
He hasn't done one thing to get the unemployment extensions back, and now he wants our votes? No way -- he's just another self-serving politician.
educated and amused

Utica, NY

#2 Jan 31, 2014
Whaaaaah-Whaaaah. I've got a novel idea- instead of whining about extending your unemployment benefits, why not get a job? The only self serving individuals I see in this picture are the ones who expect handouts from the government and see that as a viable way to make a living. Benefits are SUPPOSED to be temporary, dear. They're supposed to hold you over while you find a job, not replace a job.
You are just a number too

Utica, NY

#3 Jan 31, 2014
Dear e & a, you may be singing a different tune if your numbers up. There's a lot of educated folks collecting unemployment insurance that aren't as amused as you are.
educated and amused wrote:
Whaaaaah-Whaaaah. I've got a novel idea- instead of whining about extending your unemployment benefits, why not get a job? The only self serving individuals I see in this picture are the ones who expect handouts from the government and see that as a viable way to make a living. Benefits are SUPPOSED to be temporary, dear. They're supposed to hold you over while you find a job, not replace a job.
dont blame

Rome, NY

#5 Feb 1, 2014
Sick of everyone wanting extensions of benefits. It's not feasible. The government is not a business the money will run out eventually they don't make profits. They take from Peter to pay Paul. There is only so much the working class can give before they can't pay their own bills. That's why the economy is not improving. If the Government is squeezing me to pay you. I have to cut back not purchasing goods and services, the businesses then lay off and do not hire because profits are down. How about people focus on real issue. In 6yrs our leaders have done nothing to solve the problem, where are the damn jobs, why is the economy still in a recession. You wouldn't need the damn benefits if they fixed the problems.
Loose stool

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 1, 2014
dont blame wrote:
Sick of everyone wanting extensions of benefits. It's not feasible. The government is not a business the money will run out eventually they don't make profits. They take from Peter to pay Paul. There is only so much the working class can give before they can't pay their own bills. That's why the economy is not improving. If the Government is squeezing me to pay you. I have to cut back not purchasing goods and services, the businesses then lay off and do not hire because profits are down. How about people focus on real issue. In 6yrs our leaders have done nothing to solve the problem, where are the damn jobs, why is the economy still in a recession. You wouldn't need the damn benefits if they fixed the problems.
And, Paul never got rich by taking from Peter...Paul just morphed into dependency. Paul needs to re-double his/her efforts to provide for he and his family.
Loose stool

Utica, NY

#7 Feb 1, 2014
Richard Hanna, a self-made man who should serve as a great example for all to follow.
educated and amused

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 1, 2014
So just who will you support? The only other challengers to Richard Hanna make him look like a tree hugging left winger. There's not a politician in the world, left or right, that can please all the constituents all the time. I'll go with a moderate Republican whose interests lie with doing whatever he can for the AREA, not some small segment of it. And I agree with loose stool; he didn't inherit a dime. In fact, he inherited significant financial issues at a very young age. He didn't cry, he didn't ask for a handout; he went to work 24/7 with a backhoe and a dump truck. I know; I worked for him. We'd be a lot better off if more of this area's residents emulated him instead of criticizing him for not doing more to enable them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is Leadership Mohawk Valley thinking with ... (Feb '14) 4 hr froggyface beanbag 5
earl meeker construction 8 hr Be happy 2
This isn't France 9 hr Bob 4
hillary clinton WILL be the next president 10 hr bush crime family 32
Clean up the streets upd 10 hr Constant Complain... 4
Parkway tax payers mad at city and DPW. 10 hr Parkway Pitifuls 4
Albany Devils are averaging 2,522 fans per game... 10 hr Sgt Schultz 27
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) Apr 30 fact check 637
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]