Gouverneur, NY

#3 Sep 30, 2013
Utica Is Great Face wrote:
Utica food is the best! Everyone knows that! Lol
You've always enjoyed it on it's way out! Lol
opinion

Utica, NY

#4 Oct 1, 2013
Well there's something to be said for supporting businesses based here in Central NY. We want CNY to rebound from the 40 years of decline. We want people to be able to own businesses here and thrive. I'm not saying I never eat at chains, but I do try to support people that are making CNY their home and providing jobs for fellow Upstate New Yorkers.
315 is a cesspool

West Hartford, CT

#5 Oct 1, 2013
If you eat at chain restaurants you are literally human trash and should just stay home and eat bologna sandwiches.
well

New York, NY

#6 Oct 1, 2013
Izzy wrote:
Many many years ago, the people who "ate local" were people who lived in Upstate New York and elsewhere near farms. The freshest produce was available, and people knew how to can and preserve food. Then a bunch of sandal wearing liberals decided that wasn't worldly enough and everyone must broaden their horizons. Today, the same sanctimonious whiners have to brag whenever they eat an apple grown up the road. Congratulations to you, but I am tired of hearing about it. I will eat what I want, and if its something good from a local place, great - if its something from a chain that became a chain because its successful, great!
Also, to the chain hating "eat local" liberals, please list your favorite QUALITY GOOD GOURMET local places and why you like it.
You don't travel much do you Izzy? You will here this all across the country. It's a good thing.
Truth

Utica, NY

#7 Oct 1, 2013
Support the businesses you like for the reasons you like them and nit just because they are local.

If it's a restaurant support it because you like the food, service and pricing.

If it's a grocery store support them because they carry the goods you want to buy and at a price you don't mind paying.

Businesses should rise and fall on their own merits. They shouldn't survive just because they are locally owned. Chanatry's and Jay K Lumber are examples of businesses that survive because they are good businesses not because people go there because they are local.

I saw a tv ad last night for Rasberries. It's clever tag line was "Break the chain" or something like that. If Rasberries is good and priced fairly then they should have nothing worry about. Should everyone go there just because they are local?
Downtown Face

Albany, NY

#9 Oct 1, 2013
Grand Wizard wrote:
If a local place is good, I'll eat there. If it sucks, I won't. All businesses need to earn our business.
Pretty much this.
Tito

Westwood, MA

#10 Jun 21, 2017
opinion wrote:
Well there's something to be said for supporting businesses based here in Central NY. We want CNY to rebound from the 40 years of decline. We want people to be able to own businesses here and thrive. I'm not saying I never eat at chains, but I do try to support people that are making CNY their home and providing jobs for fellow Upstate New Yorkers.
The people who work at the chains live here and need jobs so your statement about making the homes here etc is pretty fin stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joy Behar 13 min Dum di dumdum 5
Kim Strong rescue in Brookfield? 20 min Truth 21
Another Trump move stopped- so much failure! 42 min Boom is a pervert 32
Nano officially dead. 1 hr Old broad 17
What ever happened to Vagatucci? 1 hr Vagabrokatucci 1
the hookers are out its warm 1 hr Lakewood100 30
wktv news 1 hr Really 1
Remington Arms Thanks 2 hr LIBERALCLOWNS 40
Spartan Dilemma 3 hr good grief 53
Best head in Utica?!? 5 hr Somebody 42