Best THIN crust
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve

Ithaca, NY

#1 Jul 29, 2011
Who has the best THIN crust pizza in the area. I am sick of the thick, rosarios, 4 Seasons, Francos thick pizza. Charlies has thin crust but it sucks.

Anyone?
scratch

Utica, NY

#2 Jul 29, 2011
Steve wrote:
Who has the best THIN crust pizza in the area. I am sick of the thick, rosarios, 4 Seasons, Francos thick pizza. Charlies has thin crust but it sucks.

Anyone?
Nino's in South Utica
Niccolo Machiavelli

Utica, NY

#3 Jul 29, 2011
Parkway Pizza, East Utica
ummmm

Dallas, TX

#4 Jul 29, 2011
Parkway does have a great pizza
bestthincrust

United States

#5 Jul 30, 2011
Knockout Pizza by far
Shelle

New Hartford, NY

#6 Jul 30, 2011
Charlies
ummmm

Dallas, TX

#7 Jul 30, 2011
bestthincrust wrote:
Knockout Pizza by far
That's the worst pizza in the city!!
Anonymous

Utica, NY

#8 Jul 30, 2011
Palermo's
For the millionth time

Utica, NY

#9 Jul 30, 2011
Pizza Classic! It's downtown, but worth the trip for us. Tommy has a 2 pizza special and makes it well worth it!
Ron

Auburn, NY

#11 Jul 31, 2011
Pizza Classic has good pizza but it's soft, not crunchy.
White Cracka

Herkimer, NY

#12 Jul 31, 2011
Nino's and Franco's do not have thin NY style..Nice try!
curious

Utica, NY

#13 Jul 31, 2011
I am fairly new to this area, it is not a bad area I came from NYC to work in Syracuse.

I see this NYC pizza argument all of the time. Being from NYC, I am curious. What is it you people up here consider NYC style pizza?

There is fair pizza here, but no real large slice (thats one key) fold it over, cooked just right mid town pizza in Centra NY.

That is why it is NY style. and strangely enough, in NY we just refer to it as "a slice" all places in the city have the same stuff with little difference. Up here 10 places have 12 kinds of pizza with everyone saying it is NYC pizza.

You want NY Style, find someone who did more than drive through Brooklyn.

It is not Dom Peppinos sauce on Deorio dough, with Cora dried spice, sorry.
A Slice

Syracuse, NY

#14 Jul 31, 2011
You are correct, the size of the slice is the key, and its just a plain slice with homeade sauce. I think Gino and Joes before Sicilian Delight in the mall was a perfect example of 'a slice'.
curious

Utica, NY

#15 Jul 31, 2011
Oh, and the second issue. In the city a pizza does not sit and sit and sit. Thenm thrown into a hot oven to re heat.

The pie is usually gone in less than 1/2 an hour or they throw it away. It seems that in this area you keep it until it's gone. Sitting with all of the toppings getting cold, old and tired. No matter how good it is, once it sits around for an hour or so, then is reheated, it tastes like crap.

So, although you will keep the thread going forever in some form, we will not get real NYC pizza up here--and I do miss that.
Cowboy

Syracuse, NY

#16 Jul 31, 2011
Fratellos in frankfort or big willies
What

Rome, NY

#17 Jul 31, 2011
My house
For the millionth time

Utica, NY

#18 Jul 31, 2011
Ron wrote:
Pizza Classic has good pizza but it's soft, not crunchy.
I agree totally but the thread title does say "THIN" crust, right?
curious

Utica, NY

#19 Jul 31, 2011
Thin crust is the crispy crust. lombardos in the Little Italy area in lower NYC is famous for this. It is brick oven baked and crisp.

NYC style is a wide drippy slice, lots of cheese and always greasy (if the cheese is real cheese not crap)

The O'scoggnizzo (excuse the spelling) has a crisp type but the crust is too thick, premade dough shell.

A real thin crust is tossed until you can see through the dough then baked right on the oven, no pan.

Utica34
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Albany, NY

#20 Mar 2, 2013
Charlie's
walker

Manlius, NY

#21 Mar 2, 2013
I heard Alteris in Clinton has very good thin crust pizza.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burger King Fish Sandwich --WTH!!!??? (Jan '13) 7 min docdarock 20
Bob C from National Grid 7 min Stupid 12
African MOTHERBOARD PARTS ZERO ZERO ZERO WORKST... 20 min Grow up and get a... 18
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Palmieri as Mayor? (Dec '13) 22 min RetiredIvyLeague... 36
Wibx Keeler, the dead beat 30 min Grow up and get a... 30
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 40 min Boyfriends 257
Semiconductor Plants NYS-4 AFRICA-0 World- 50 54 min BAT WING NANO 21
Body at Olbiston Apts? 1 hr Tard 15
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 2 hr Welfare SportsQueens 35
Carbone Sold 3 hr Huuuge 12

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages