how about that dave cooper

how about that dave cooper

Posted in the Utica Forum

Upcityjimmy

United States

#1 Nov 26, 2008
Wasn't it nice of him to sell his C Weaver Dealership and screw all his employees a month before Christmas? This guy has tons of class! Yet people still support his Saturn and Kia dealerships why? It's obvious this guys plan is to take the money and run out of Upstate New York as fast as he can!
justautican

New York, NY

#2 Nov 26, 2008
his dad was a pretty good guy.....midget Dave is a crude talking little douchebag. his Kia place is a drug haven.
jack

Watertown, NY

#3 Nov 26, 2008
carbone didn't keep any employees?
Upcityjimmy

United States

#4 Nov 26, 2008
Most people were "offered jobs" as a formality but not one of the guys in my department got offered anything close to what they were making (not that cheap-o Dave was paying well), so it was more lip service that anything else. I think a couple of sales guys got jobs but the rest of us are screwed. He held a big meeting with all the departments in October telling everyone that the dealership was not going to be sold and all that stuff. I think it was because it was already sold. He is just a really bad business man, check that he is just a really bad human, and I think his son likes boys
impala king

Watertown, NY

#5 Nov 29, 2008
what happened to al geer?
Just so

United States

#6 Nov 30, 2008
I believe Al went over to Carbone.
wow

United States

#7 Nov 30, 2008
The father was such a nice guy... I heard he went into a nursing home and wasnt doing to well. Must have waited till his father was put in the nursing home and sold it. I do know that a lot of chevy dealerships were not doing to well so he might have just wanted to get out before he lost it all. However i do agree it is really bad timing. I hate carbones never have and never will do business with them.
weaver

Syracuse, NY

#8 Dec 1, 2008
carbone kept only 20% of the staff the rest ended up at one of coopers other dealerships or mostly on unemployment
schecters

Watertown, NY

#9 Dec 1, 2008
is he related to johnny pape?
AAA

New York, NY

#10 Dec 1, 2008
You had a pass the drug test and I heard alot of people from C. Weaver couldn't so they didn't even bother applying at Carboneya.
really

Utica, NY

#11 Dec 2, 2008
AAA wrote:
You had a pass the drug test and I heard alot of people from C. Weaver couldn't so they didn't even bother applying at Carboneya.
Thats kind of funny that you have to pass a drug test at Carbones>>>> concidering some of the owners.....& there habits
really

Utica, NY

#13 Dec 2, 2008
Sam wrote:
You mean the one brother who hides in the closet from paranoia?
thats funny!! they all hide from something, but hey let not beat the Carbones their so good ! & lets not forget their wives !!! they always put on a good show!!
fff486

East Syracuse, NY

#14 Dec 2, 2008
really wrote:
<quoted text>Thats kind of funny that you have to pass a drug test at Carbones>>>> concidering some of the owners.....& there habits
They are not worried about themselves. They don't want to hire any crackheads who might rob them blind.
charlie

Syracuse, NY

#15 Dec 2, 2008
its really sad that dave cooper did this i always got my car serviced there and he really had a good crew,service parts and sales all really good guys
Honey nuts is the man

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Dec 3, 2008
No the Carbones took a dirtbag approach of making the staff take hair tests so that they could avoid the unemployment papers to the many weaver employees they didnt want to keep. Honestly I dont smoke herb but I think its pretty much harmless if my mechanic/detailer does. I work in retail and couldnt stand a single service writer for weavers. They used to refuse to work on alot of customers cars if the had any aftermarket audio/starting system in them. These poor people were forced to remove these systems so that weavers 1/2 ass writers and techs could rob them blind. Ive heard they charged a guy $200 to remove a 4 wire alarm system and then they found a oxygen sensor to be at fault. So this poor guy forked over $200 to remove a perfectly good system that he had to pay to have reinstalled. I have always drove GM vehicles, but NEVER would buy a part or anything from weavers.I dont really care for Carbones either but Brian Yaro in parts at Pontiac is one of the better guys in the business, always polite and never robs me.
charlie

Syracuse, NY

#17 Dec 4, 2008
u will have stories like that at any service shop,i know alot more people prefered c weaver over carbones anyday,now if u dont like carbone u have no either choice for GM its a monopoly.btw jeff williams was the best writer at c weaver,and he is now at carbone i seen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam wessing 1 hr Jenel 38
West Utica/Scooby doo (Mar '10) 1 hr michele 49
Mary Heldman (Jun '13) 3 hr Brian 9
Oriskany blvd smell 4 hr Scooby dooby doo 2
Wicked the band (Jul '13) 4 hr Megga 18
lisa martin (Dec '09) 4 hr Goldberg 8
Easy bartenders 5 hr Sal 20
Mayors $20,000 raise 6 hr logic 28
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 8 hr Titanium22 241
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 17 hr Wait 35