a peon

Oneida, NY

#356 Mar 20, 2012
Why was Rosemary Spriggs at the meeting with Hogan (as a concerned citizen)? She has nothing to do with MVPC anymore. Her pension is safe. She moved certain people up the ladder to keep them safe. She still has contacts at CNY PC and HPC to decide where MVPC staff go. She has to protect her niece and nephew currently working at MVPC.
nice try

Clinton, MA

#357 Mar 20, 2012
a peon wrote:
Why was Rosemary Spriggs at the meeting with Hogan (as a concerned citizen)? She has nothing to do with MVPC anymore. Her pension is safe. She moved certain people up the ladder to keep them safe. She still has contacts at CNY PC and HPC to decide where MVPC staff go. She has to protect her niece and nephew currently working at MVPC.
Ms. Spriggs did not have to be there. She was invited. She is sick over the prospect of mvpc closing so Hutchings can stay on life support for a few more years. She was on griffos side. Don't be so quick to judge her as implicit in any of this b.s.
where

Clinton, MA

#358 Mar 20, 2012
ddd wrote:
I'm not sure about your plite but I have a related problem. I have a home health care facility where my neighbor cares for 3 disabled persons in her home. All would be fine howvwer, her crime related family who all live with her but she lies to the state, THEY ARE ALL FELONY CRIMINAL ( pedifle, food stamp fraud, DWI etc. I have complained to state but they all laughe cause she,s been doingit for 30 years. They (kids) all sit around drinking all day,all drug friends in and out etc harrassing the neighbors cause they dont work etc and nothing happens,.She GETS 50,000 TAX FREE DOLLARS to do this. Everyone covered for her even cops so now that you may lose yours jobs and pension YOU GONNA GET WHATS COMMIN TO YA BUT I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE CUTS SHE MUST LOSE THESE CLIENTS AND WE ALL CANT WAIT++++++++++
What home?
Hang in there

Bronx, NY

#359 Mar 21, 2012
nice try wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Spriggs did not have to be there. She was invited. She is sick over the prospect of mvpc closing so Hutchings can stay on life support for a few more years. She was on griffos side. Don't be so quick to judge her as implicit in any of this b.s.
WE WILL TAKE ALL THE SUPPORT WE CAN GET. IF R. SPRIGGS CAN HELP- great. think about it:she knows A Lot having been an insider. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Colleen pushedher to retire before she wanted to. She is tough. Good for us.
State sucker

Cortland, NY

#360 Mar 21, 2012
Rosemary Sprigs was a very good administrtor and she was really compassionate that client's received good care!!! The place has gone to hell after she left!!!!
hope

Springfield, MA

#361 Mar 24, 2012
It all rests in the governors hands now. Hopefully he will see how many millions it will take to keep the garbage dump Hutchings open for a few more years before it collapses

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#362 Mar 24, 2012
The Governor has let it go this far, why do you think he is going to change things ?
wewillsee

Bronx, NY

#363 Mar 25, 2012
Mr Meat Head wrote:
The Governor has let it go this far, why do you think he is going to change things ?
We hope that Cuomo wakes to the fact that
1. HOGAN didn't do his homework on MVPC/HPC
2. Has found a clue that HOGAN is a crooked dirtbag FUNNELING MILLIONS $$ ln contracts and grants to his friends
3. This is not the road to the White House for Andrew-he won't even get reelected in NYS.

His legacy will be what he did that created the worst crisis in the mental health system since the DUMPING/deinstitutuonalization in the 60's.
NOW

Flushing, NY

#364 Mar 26, 2012
Get everyone you know to call or email the governor's office. The decision will probably be announced this week.Time is running out.Hogan's justification will be low admission #s at MVPC. BUT they were same as HPC -even though Hogan's "people" ...directors...kept them down intentionally to be able to do what he is trying to do--- close MVPC and expand HUTCHINGS. ACT NOW!
hmmmmm

Utica, NY

#365 Mar 26, 2012
omg where are we going to put the nut jobs? they are way to close to town as it is.
hope

Boston, MA

#366 Mar 26, 2012
Governor changed his mind on the D.O.T. consolidation. Maybe we have a chance
State sucker

Tully, NY

#367 Mar 26, 2012
There should be a thorough investigation regarding the actual cost of this move as well as the politics connected to Syracuse! Collen Sawyer should not be the administrtor of MVPC and Hutchings . Donald Sawyer was the administrator on CNY !!!!! Should they all be profiting off tax payers dollars and the mentally ill!!F
hope

Raynham, MA

#368 Mar 27, 2012
State sucker wrote:
There should be a thorough investigation regarding the actual cost of this move as well as the politics connected to Syracuse! Collen Sawyer should not be the administrtor of MVPC and Hutchings . Donald Sawyer was the administrator on CNY !!!!! Should they all be profiting off tax payers dollars and the mentally ill!!F
They have no real pull in any of this. Its up to the governor now. The costs are known to all. Hogan does not care about the cost.
State sucker

Tully, NY

#369 Mar 27, 2012
He does not care about the clients either!!!Staff are being solicited to HPC and Central before clients have been transferred!!! Relocating Rhe children's unit is just dangerous!!!
hope

Raynham, MA

#370 Mar 27, 2012
Hogan is trying to make mvpc seem less viable and thus support his decision.
Concerned Taxpayer

Watertown, NY

#371 Mar 28, 2012
What are your thoughts? MVPC is losing staff left and right to HPC, CNYPC etc. and MVPC is posting the other facilities jobs - when will MVPC start to post the positions that people left from??? We still are doing business as usual - and yes we are now once again taking adult admissions. We are still 2 separate facilities (although some directors feel that they can use MVPC staff to do their HPC work and to have MVPC staff (union) go to HPC)- what is wrong with this picture?????

Also why is it that MVPC staff can use their personal vehicle to go to and from HPC and get mileage and tolls????? Yes, this is true - I don't understand this at all - even the directors take state cars - who is approving this - we are talking some big bucks to and from HPC - appears to be on a regular basis - this totally makes me sick - why doesn't someone look into this and put a STOP TO IT IMMEDIATELY????
listen up

Springfield, MA

#372 Mar 28, 2012
Concerned Taxpayer wrote:
What are your thoughts? MVPC is losing staff left and right to HPC, CNYPC etc. and MVPC is posting the other facilities jobs - when will MVPC start to post the positions that people left from??? We still are doing business as usual - and yes we are now once again taking adult admissions. We are still 2 separate facilities (although some directors feel that they can use MVPC staff to do their HPC work and to have MVPC staff (union) go to HPC)- what is wrong with this picture?????
Also why is it that MVPC staff can use their personal vehicle to go to and from HPC and get mileage and tolls????? Yes, this is true - I don't understand this at all - even the directors take state cars - who is approving this - we are talking some big bucks to and from HPC - appears to be on a regular basis - this totally makes me sick - why doesn't someone look into this and put a STOP TO IT IMMEDIATELY????
If you can get the governor to listen...more power to you. None of the mvpc staff traveling to Hutchings wants to do it. HPC is a garbage dump and we love mvpc. Please get Hutchings to close!!!
State sucker

Tully, NY

#373 Mar 28, 2012
Everyday there are more job postings!!! More staff are getting mandated every two days!!! Nursing overtime is rising!!!! MHTA is off the hook!!! There have been more admissions than ever!!! More people out sick!!! Not one patient has been transferred!!! Coincidence...I don't think so!!!
whats new

Brookfield, CT

#374 Mar 30, 2012
The budget is done. What is the governors final answer on this?
Sold Out

New York, NY

#375 Mar 30, 2012
Remember - the Hogan's authority to downsize MVPC came from LAST YEARS NYS ADOPTED BUDGET BUDGET(2011-2012). The announcement in Feb. was because Hogan had to do his dirty work while he still had the authorization during the current fiscal year. He couldn't be sure what the legislature would do for the next budget. Of course, that was also true for Kingsboro PC. He had the authority to do it be cause of the LAST approved budget that suspended the 12 month notice requirement for closures. The downstate people rallied and the Governor's office reversed the Kingsboro decision. Despite the good fight that was waged by staff and others here - in the end MVPC may just be a poker chip. Coumo threw a few coins this way -$$ for Utica, Griffis, DOT - probably in exchange for our legislators backing off on the MVPC/Hutchings question. Let's face it - we never did hear what Hogan's response was to Griffo and Brindisi's demand letter for criteria - data and his written justification for downsizing MVPC and expanding HPC. The silence is deafening. Anybody know how to put in a FOIL? Yes - once again - where is PEF? CSEA? All the advocacy went to Kingsboro. Can there be any doubt that the State union leaders don't give a rat's ass about the the MVPC? It doesn't look or sound good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Students forced off birnie bus 5 min Opinionated 4
state testing 29 min kiki 84
Hemstroughts half-moons suck now. 43 min sweetooth 4
Window Tinting? 50 min cool 5
Who does the Best Auto painting work? 51 min cool 11
A Psalm For You and Me 54 min cool 3
utica national (Jun '13) 1 hr Internal audit 676
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 2 hr Mikeyaj74 634
Albany Devils are averaging 2,522 fans per game... 15 hr Wondering 25
More from around the web