Dr. Carl Krasniak
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wtferq

Herkimer, NY

#1 Mar 27, 2013
Is this guy for real? I have a scar on my arm that is absolutely horrendous. 2 inches in diameter... raised and as wide as a half dollar. If it were on my face it would take up my entire cheek and I would look like I belong in a freak show. This guy told me it was fine and there was nothing to do.

Its an old work related injury now being covered under my personal insurance. But at one time it was workers-comp related. At any rate Ive seen his glowing portfolio of cosmetic plastic surgery and he has done work on tiny pit marks and little scars, yet tells me to leave his office and that he cant do anything for me. This guy must have an angle or alternate motive for sending me away.

Please keep this in mind and add him to your list of DRS to stay away from. Ive sent pictures to a DR in Syracuse and they didnt believe me when I told them he couldn't help me. This guy is in bed with insurance companies some how some way, or he doesn't like money.

Take this for what its worth... but you have been warned.
Wrongo

East Hartford, CT

#2 Mar 27, 2013
I am a first class complainer who finds fault in everything!
His assistant did two procedures for me over the past two years and it was no problem.....by the way I hate Slocum Dickson but Carl's office did right by me twice so.....?
Answer

Lowville, NY

#3 Mar 27, 2013
FYI IF THIS IS A WORK INJRY AND SCAR IT IS STILL COVERED AND SHOULD NOT BE BILLED TO YOUR REGULAR INSURANCE. THAT IS TYPICAL OF KRASNIAK TO BILL O PRIVATE INSURANCE. I SUGGEST THAT YOU CONTACT A LOCAL WORKERS COMPENSATION ATTORNEY AND HAVE HIM rESEARCH YOUR CASE FOR YOU. IT WON'T COST you ANY MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET. SO DO IT. AND GET AWAY FROM KRASNIAK ASAP IF ITS COMPENSATION. NOW WITH PATALINO LEAVING SLOCUM ALL PATALINO PATIENTS ARE IN BIG TROUBLE UNLESS THEY FOLLOW HIM TO GENESEE ORTHOPEDICS ON MIDDLE SETTLEMENT ROAD.
Happy patient

Herkimer, NY

#4 Mar 28, 2013
If Dr.K said that he can't make it look better...then it can't be made to look better. If another Dr told you that he can fix it, maybe it's him that is greedy. Dr.K is a first class stand up guy. He tells it like it is whether you like it or not.
The Truth

Utica, NY

#5 Mar 28, 2013
Poster #1 I have to agree totally with you about this doctor. Unfortunately I've had a problem with him and had was told to file a complaint to the NYS Department of Health. I had to call this #1-800-804-5447 and explained to them that I had a very terrible experience with this particular doctor, not going into detail here, but they informed me that anytime you have an issue with a doctor you NEED to report them and file with this office. So if you can, please do this yourself because if they get more than one complaint about him maybe something can be done regarding his poor practice.
wtferq

Herkimer, NY

#6 Mar 30, 2013
Thanks!
Very Pleased

New York, NY

#7 Apr 1, 2013
Well all i can say is Dr. Krasniak is a damn good doctor. How can you say bad stuff about a doctor who would not take your case because it was workers- comp related? Your private insurance will not cover it. And when you got your settlement you might have gotten a settlement for that scar. So that means no other insurance will pick up the bill. He's not stupid to try to defraud an insurance company over something like this. That would mean jeopardizing his practice. He was my dr. 15 years ago and i can say that he did great! Don't punish him for not wanting to get caught up in an insurance mess. I'm sure he was very up front wih you on that. He is a very professional honest man.
The Truth

Utica, NY

#8 Apr 1, 2013
No Way...He's a butcher and I know because I've had surgery done that was even commented on by another doctor as a poor operation. He is not a good doctor. Has a terrible attitude and not helpful or caring at all. He is very judgmental and arrogant. Hopefully he will get his due soon.
Finally

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 1, 2013
A Doctor does the right thing! He probably refused because he has real patients with real issues to help. More Doctors should refuse fraud, bullshit comp cases. How long would this secondary surgery take you out of work? Just go back to work. Thank you for the referal, you just convinced me to go to him. Oh, and I love all the free comp advice on topix. How appropriate.
wtferq

Herkimer, NY

#10 Apr 2, 2013
This has not been a comp case in years. But it was. I am paying for it from my OWN POCKET. I'm tempted to post a picture of the scar. A doctor should not pick and choose who he helps based on his own agenda. There is more than meets the eye with this guy. and I am telling you from my PERSONAL experience... this DR got a scent of comp (OR MAYBE NOT) and he told me he wasn't helping me. I don't fully understand his reasons... but something isn't right with his decision. He has a second agenda and I wish I knew what it was.

Anyway I have a DR thats going to fix my arm now out of Syracuse. Best of luck with DR K. My advice to anyone here... avoid doctors in the Utica NY Network. Travel if you must. This entire city is filled with corruption I dont fully understand.
wtferq

Herkimer, NY

#11 Apr 2, 2013
Finally wrote:
A Doctor does the right thing! He probably refused because he has real patients with real issues to help. More Doctors should refuse fraud, bullshit comp cases. How long would this secondary surgery take you out of work? Just go back to work. Thank you for the referal, you just convinced me to go to him. Oh, and I love all the free comp advice on topix. How appropriate.
Its cosmetic surgery paid for by my own pocket you moron because I have a gross looking scar. I wouldn't be out of work at all. Ive never missed a day of work in my life. This guy has an agenda, and he is working for something bigger than his office, dink. So yes... please do go to him.
Very Pleased

New York, NY

#12 Apr 2, 2013
Like I said before Dr. Krasniak is a truly great doctor. I didn't have not one problem with him or the procedure he did for me. He was not rude or arrogant. He was awesome. As for your comp case it's on medical record for years. All he had to do was punch in your name and it will show up. But I agree with you about Utica Drs at Slocum Dixon. They are no good. My primary dr was a piece of work. The only dr that's good is Dr. K. Hope you have luck with your new dr.
Goose bumps

Gouverneur, NY

#13 Apr 2, 2013
What you wanted was a scar revision. Exactly where on your arm is the scar? Sometimes the area around is too taunt and will not close so easily. I had a family member go for the revision and it didn't look much different, so he got a tattoo! I bet it is in an area where he cannot overlap any skin or close it easily. Things happen!!
Scared

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Apr 28, 2013
I had a non tissue sparing bilateral mastectomy..I had TE and my breast dehissed, he wouldn't see me, I became very ill, took him days to see me, I almost lost everything..my pectoral muscle was exposed, TE hanging outside my body!!! I became extremly septic, top off I have a bleeding disease!
Mistaken

Ithaca, NY

#15 Apr 28, 2013
Dr. Krasniak is a truly great doctor.

He re-attached my forefinger about 20 years ago.

Today I have full use like the injury never happened.
lady22

Utica, NY

#16 Jul 19, 2014
Happy patient wrote:
If Dr.K said that he can't make it look better...then it can't be made to look better. If another Dr told you that he can fix it, maybe it's him that is greedy. Dr.K is a first class stand up guy. He tells it like it is whether you like it or not.
This man has no soul!!!! I ve been diagnosed with breast cancer I need a double mastectomy and wanted reconstruction to be done right away, I had my consult with him he didn't even come into the room to meet me, had his assistant talk to me, next week I was called back to meet him told me I had to make my decision which I did. yesterday while at a very important event for my daughter I got a call from my DR. saying Krasniak wont do the reconstruction at the time of the mastectomy. He told my Dr he told me that when we met, LIAR!!!!!! I had two other people with me. He has put me in such a depression . now I get to have my boobs removed and continue life as a freak!!
REAL STAND UP GUY!! NOT!!!! Karma sucks Dr Krasniak !!
soapstar

Utica, NY

#17 Jul 19, 2014
I too have an awful scar on my arm that actually hurts and burns everday. I had a small mole removed . I went back 8 weeks later to show him and he very rudely said it was " FINE". It' s been a few years now and it still bothers me daily. Do not go to him for any reason.
Nurse

Rome, NY

#18 Jul 19, 2014
Dr krasniak saw my mother for skin cancer (squamous cell head and neck cancer). He did a wedge resection in the office and told her she didn't need any further follow up because "these things don't spread." I'm a nurse so I knew that wasn't true. She had to see a surgeon and it was discovered that dr krasniak did not get clean margins so she needed major surgery to remove more tissue and reconstruct her lip. Six months later it spread and she needed more surgery, chemo, and radiation. Now it is stage 4 with only a 30% cure rate. He had to have known that this cancer had a high spread rate if not treated. Maybe my mother would have had a different outcome if he had at the very least removed all the tumor. Now she has to sit and wonder at 68 years old where it will show up next.
Revrider

Utica, NY

#19 Jul 21, 2014
I cut off my thumb years ago and he fixed me up good,No problems at all.You live in Utica!Don,t expect the best doctors to reside here.
shaqadocious

Ardsley, NY

#20 Jul 22, 2014
This guy is a typical arrogant MD ass. Told him I had pain in calf after surgery and he told me" I need to walk on it more". That was Friday, Monday I was admitted to the hospital with a blood clot, because of his arrogance I almost died. Listen to you patients.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
people that call the cops for fireworks!!!! (Jul '09) 8 min Father 46
attn SPINELESS TABER SLOB PUNK WELFARE COWARD 59 min TOUGH PUNK 6
Oneida County no confidence 1 hr Some Hope 1
Who is Cecile Pikus? 1 hr Slapshot 13
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 1 hr loadtaker 83
Tony's Washington Mills 1 hr Parkway 10
New York Taxes Highest in US - AGAIN! 1 hr Rob WOMAN YELLO E... 29
rob esche getting divorced 1 hr New Hartford Queen 51
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 2 hr MOM STILL RAISES 76
Carbone 3 hr yup 22