Duck Dynasty Member Suspended From TV...
Boycott A and E

New Hartford, NY

#42 Dec 21, 2013
Appears most of the country does not agree with the Liberals and A&E on this decision...

ABC News with over 15,000 votes
13,406 people disagree with the decision
2,117 Agree
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/201...

Here is another poll where 80% disagree
http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index.ssf/201...

Search the web. You will be hard pressed to find any poll (other than at a GLADD website) which believes what A&E did was correct..
Barbara Waw Waw

Herkimer, NY

#43 Dec 21, 2013
Boycott A and E wrote:
Appears most of the country does not agree with the Liberals and A&E on this decision...
ABC News with over 15,000 votes
13,406 people disagree with the decision
2,117 Agree
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/201...
Here is another poll where 80% disagree
http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index.ssf/201...
Search the web. You will be hard pressed to find any poll (other than at a GLADD website) which believes what A&E did was correct..
I didn't agree or disagree with with A & E I think it is a stupid redneck program. Watch it once for about 6 minutes and that was 6 minutes I will never in my life get back. It is a waist of TV time.
Tom

Utica, NY

#44 Dec 21, 2013
Barbara Waw Waw wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't agree or disagree with with A & E I think it is a stupid redneck program. Watch it once for about 6 minutes and that was 6 minutes I will never in my life get back. It is a waist of TV time.
Waist? Funny.
Barbara Waw Waw

Herkimer, NY

#45 Dec 21, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Waist? Funny.
Excuse me Tom, WASTE.
Truth

Utica, NY

#46 Dec 22, 2013
Barbara Waw Waw wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't agree or disagree with with A & E I think it is a stupid redneck program. Watch it once for about 6 minutes and that was 6 minutes I will never in my life get back. It is a waist of TV time.
That's one of the things that makes America great - the remote control. You can turn it or turn it off anytime you like. I do it all the time when I try to watch MSNBC.

Turning it off is better for my waist because I'm not wasting my time watching television.
poor decision

Rome, NY

#47 Dec 22, 2013
A&E is going to lose their top rated show to appease a minority group. Stupid decision if you ask me because the people that watch and support the show are not gays, African Americans, Hispanics and so on, the people thay watch the show are white, Christian conservatives who probably agree with good ole Phil. I call that a bad business decision. Besides who really cares. GQ asked a loaded question of course he was going to respond that way and they knew it. That's what they wanted so they can sell magazines. These idiots who are getting all offended are only playing into a publicity stunt. He is a white, Christian redneck don't act all shocked that he has such opinions. Besides how many gays truly care what he thinks you know damn well of you are gay and if he was your neighbor you wouldn't have anything to do with him because of your own opinions. You would find him unsophisticated, dirty, uncultured and beneath you and you know it. You have the right to your opinions and so does he.
what a surprise

Utica, NY

#48 Dec 22, 2013
Fox news hate channel jumped on that bandwagon fast, you can kiss the republican party goodbye in the 2014 elections. Hate never wins in the long run.
New York

Herkimer, NY

#49 Dec 22, 2013
People bitched about the show before, made no news, Phil said no guns, no god , no show. Nothing happened. Now this, I think he did it on purpose because he his sick of all the bullshit . And wants to get out.t.
Even a bigger surprise

New Hartford, NY

#50 Dec 22, 2013
what a surprise wrote:
Fox news hate channel jumped on that bandwagon fast, you can kiss the republican party goodbye in the 2014 elections. Hate never wins in the long run.
Independent voters are now at an all time high (and on the rise) with over 40% of the population identifying themselves as Independents:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/151943/record-high...

People are generally fed up with both parties....
really

Utica, NY

#51 Dec 22, 2013
What kind of person takes that inbred swamp rat seriously. If your too conservative or too liberal, you must be a inflexible moron. I have conservative and liberal views on different issues, what am I a moderate?
Laura

Utica, NY

#52 Dec 22, 2013
Oh leave him alone, he was born that way, isn't that right all you gays?
No hom os

Tampa, FL

#53 Dec 22, 2013
Climb back into your closets!
Utican

Utica, NY

#54 Dec 23, 2013
As an American, you're entitled to free speech and voice your opinion. However, as a celebrity, it's different. In Phil Robertson's case, he works for A&E and represents the company. When he voices his opinion, those opinions reflect those of A&E, who disagree with Phil which lead to him being suspended. Personally, there is nothing wrong with being gay, it's a natural thing and as I always say "If you don't like gay marriage, then don't get gay married." 16 states now have gay marriage and it's a human right not a privilege to get married to who you love, regardless of the gender.
Truth

Utica, NY

#55 Dec 24, 2013
Utican wrote:
As an American, you're entitled to free speech and voice your opinion. However, as a celebrity, it's different. In Phil Robertson's case, he works for A&E and represents the company. When he voices his opinion, those opinions reflect those of A&E, who disagree with Phil which lead to him being suspended. Personally, there is nothing wrong with being gay, it's a natural thing and as I always say "If you don't like gay marriage, then don't get gay married." 16 states now have gay marriage and it's a human right not a privilege to get married to who you love, regardless of the gender.
I greed with your post until you got to what you said is a right to marry.

There is no right to get married. If there were a right then mothers could marry grown sons, fathers and grown daughters, sisters and brothers of age, first cousins of age, mentally handicapped couples..........

Ther are many types of relationships that society has decided do not qualify for marrige. If there was right to marry none of these prohibitions would exist. Please take note of the fact that I excluded beastiality and children marrying from my examples. That's because I believe consent is essential.
American

Utica, NY

#56 Dec 26, 2013
315 Fail Central wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see what happens when all the big money advertisers pull their spots, not want to be associated with a show featuring a homophobe bigot.
Where in that interview does he say he is afraid of gays?

He said he loves all people. He just doesn't agree with their lifestyle. I don't agree with your display of ignorance, but I am not afraid of you. I also don't hate you.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#57 Dec 31, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I greed with your post until you got to what you said is a right to marry.
There is no right to get married. If there were a right then mothers could marry grown sons, fathers and grown daughters, sisters and brothers of age, first cousins of age, mentally handicapped couples..........
Ther are many types of relationships that society has decided do not qualify for marrige. If there was right to marry none of these prohibitions would exist. Please take note of the fact that I excluded beastiality and children marrying from my examples. That's because I believe consent is essential.
Wrong, the Supreme Court ruled decades ago that marriage was a basic human RIGHT.

Loving v Virginia.

You just got schooled. Again...
Truth

Utica, NY

#58 Dec 31, 2013
pretend to be smart wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, the Supreme Court ruled decades ago that marriage was a basic human RIGHT.
Loving v Virginia.
Wrong.

Loving v Virginia was based on race. Same sex marriage is based on sexual preference. I can prove genetically that a person is caucasian or black. As of today there is no genetic marker for homosexuality. Allowing a black person to marry a white person is completely different than allowing a same sex couple to marry unless you are saying that we must now allow any person(s) with a sexual preference outside the cultural norm marry because they have a "right" to. As an aside you need to realize that many in the minority community hate that gays and their advocates use the civil rights struggle to try to make their point. They see it as an insult. Using Loving v Virginia does that.

As I said before, our laws are ripe with examples of relationships that society as a whole has decided don't qualify for marriage. Mothers and grown sons, Fathers and grown daughters, first cousins...... They are all heterosexual relationships with partners past the age of consent that don't qualify for a "right" to marry under the law. Under your definition they would also be afforded that same "human right" to marriage wouldn't they?. They aren't so to say that there is a universal human right marry under the law is just incorrect.

I want you to take note of a few things. I don't use bestiality in my opinion nor do I use marriage to children as many same sex marriage opponents do. It's because I don't think they are relevant and there are plenty of examples of relationships between consenting adults that are prohibited from culminating in marriage and because consent is key. Again, there is no universal "human right" to marriage.
Truth

Utica, NY

#59 Dec 31, 2013
pretend to be smart wrote:
<quoted text>
Loving v Virginia.
Your screen name says it all.
interesting

Utica, NY

#60 Dec 31, 2013
Just watched his 2009 you tube video where he suggests older men marry 15 or 16 year children, will you let him touch your 15 year old daughter or grandchild?
omg

Utica, NY

#61 Dec 31, 2013
Now that's scarry, nasty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new pizza place jonnys pizza 15 min Gaggy 8
Tin rooster 19 min Little Pig 1
Made in Utica 44 min Skinny jeans 1
Recommendations for a Veterinarian in Utica area 7 hr Chocolate Lab 1
gooch'S pond 9 hr donny c 1
Aqua Vino Review 10 hr Interesting 21
Utica Is a Great Place to Find a Job! 11 hr Stars4 40
Ironic Nano news announced before elections 17 hr Echo 65
Ocean Blue restaurat 20 hr Gaggy 23
Jill Reale of WKTV (Jan '09) Mon Diction 252