Duck Dynasty Member Suspended From TV Series Due To Anti Gay Remarks.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 91 Comments Last updated Jan 4, 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Unbelievable

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

I think it's unfair that A&E would suspend Phil Robertson from the series simply because he was stating his religious views and beliefs on homosexuality. He wasn't making fun of gays or lesbians. He was just giving an opinion to which we are all entitled. Of course GLADD had to comment saying he was making vile remarks. They need to lighten up and stop making such a big deal about this. Again, it's simply a man stating his religious beliefs which he has every right to. Shame on A&E.
Truth

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Well, when the liberal left tries to make you believe that political correctness trumps faith in god/higher power and the supreme law of the land, they are quick to call anyone with an opposing view a hater.

I refuse to give into political (liberal) correctness! Everyone have a Merry Christmas! And yes, sex should only be between a man and a woman!

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Unbelievable wrote:
I think it's unfair that A&E would suspend Phil Robertson from the series simply because he was stating his religious views and beliefs on homosexuality. He wasn't making fun of gays or lesbians. He was just giving an opinion to which we are all entitled. Of course GLADD had to comment saying he was making vile remarks. They need to lighten up and stop making such a big deal about this. Again, it's simply a man stating his religious beliefs which he has every right to. Shame on A&E.
He has every right to state his beliefs. Then A&E has every right to suspend him from the show. The constitution gives you the right to free speech but doesn't give you the right to be exempt from the consequences of that speech. With rights come responsibilities. If he wanted to keep his job he should have thought about the reactions he would receive from the statements he made. It was his choice to speak his mind, it was the networks choice to do what they did.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
He has every right to state his beliefs. Then A&E has every right to suspend him from the show. The constitution gives you the right to free speech but doesn't give you the right to be exempt from the consequences of that speech. With rights come responsibilities. If he wanted to keep his job he should have thought about the reactions he would receive from the statements he made. It was his choice to speak his mind, it was the networks choice to do what they did.
He is under contract to A&E and they have every right under that contract to take the actions they have.

People seem to forget that constitutional right to Free Speech applies with respect to the government not being able to take that away. That said, even on internet forums like this, there is no right to Free Speech outside of what this site's Terms of Service allows. Anyone who assumes or thinks otherwise is naive....
SunkenShip

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The whole country has gone to the ffags, freaks, hoodrats, druggies, murderers, welfare scum, gun-grabbers, nobama's and anyone NOT christian. Shakin my head...
Fact

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

But leave it to A&E to exploit the controversy and run nonstop DD marathons
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Not long ago the president of a fast food chain called Chick-Fil-A made similar statements. He was met with the same kind response as Phil Robertson is getting from the gay and political correctness crowds. There were petitions, protests and efforts to put them out of business. What happened though is that a grass roots movement sprung up in support of the president of Chick-Fil-A's right to speak what he believed and run his business the way he wanted to. The public turned out in droves in support and Chick-Fil-A broke sales records.
A&E is caving to that same crowd and it may in the long run turn out to be a mistake for them as well.

If you haven't read the interview that started this controversy go to www.gq.com and see for yourself what he said. Don't just rely on the cherry picked sound bites The comments about gays are actually a very, very small part of the article. Judge for yourself if you think this man should be punished for what he said. Or, is he just a man who lives what he believes and isn't afraid of the vicious left wing and their threats. After reading the entire article I doubt very much that he cares that he's been suspended.

I think the response from gays and their supporters is totally un-American. You can't just have free speech for those you agree with.
SunkenShip

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 19, 2013
 
Fact wrote:
But leave it to A&E to exploit the controversy and run nonstop DD marathons
Yeah, go figure
SunkenShip

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Truth wrote:
Not long ago the president of a fast food chain called Chick-Fil-A made similar statements. He was met with the same kind response as Phil Robertson is getting from the gay and political correctness crowds. There were petitions, protests and efforts to put them out of business. What happened though is that a grass roots movement sprung up in support of the president of Chick-Fil-A's right to speak what he believed and run his business the way he wanted to. The public turned out in droves in support and Chick-Fil-A broke sales records.
A&E is caving to that same crowd and it may in the long run turn out to be a mistake for them as well.
If you haven't read the interview that started this controversy go to www.gq.com and see for yourself what he said. Don't just rely on the cherry picked sound bites The comments about gays are actually a very, very small part of the article. Judge for yourself if you think this man should be punished for what he said. Or, is he just a man who lives what he believes and isn't afraid of the vicious left wing and their threats. After reading the entire article I doubt very much that he cares that he's been suspended.
I think the response from gays and their supporters is totally un-American. You can't just have free speech for those you agree with.
Soooo true. Funny how that (leftist) sort of people are completely loves to play the selective, end justifies means discriminatory double standard games, despite being "liberal" and decrying bias and trumpeting justice and equality for ballshitsz!
Nuke Utica

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It's funny how conservatives suddenly don't like the actions of private businesses when it involves punishing those with bigoted beliefs.
ASSJACKED

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 19, 2013
 
Nuke Utica wrote:
It's funny how conservatives suddenly don't like the actions of private businesses when it involves punishing those with bigoted beliefs.
Yeah because it's such a real trend. Go smoke your won little sausage blind one...
Smoky McBuzz

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I think the response from gays and their supporters is totally un-American. You can't just have free speech for those you agree with.

Reply.........
Exactly the problem with the race-baiters and liberals....they can say what they want..bash Christians...family values...Americans for America.......but God forbid...anyone saying anything that goes against what they think or believe...or against their agendas......gets crucified!

You really think Phil Robertson cares wtf people think?...or if A&E has him on or not....he's on less and less...it's his idiot kids and brother that's benefiting off Duck Dynasty....Phil made his $$$$ and loves his life....he doesn't need A&E...or the limelight!
Laura

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

How about...he was born that way, he was born wanting to voice his opinion. All you gays whine and say...I was born that way....oh well..so Phil was born that way.
what the f

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 20, 2013
 
look at that hairbag who looks so Boonville and northern Oneida and herkimite and please you gays stop being so touchy. Let the hairbag speak and america also lets you speak out. Everyone stop trying to control everyone. Its a free country supposingly ,isn't it.He is entitled to his opinion as gays are entitled to walk down New York city in parades looking so freakish and naked. Its all the American way , isn't it. What did the gays come out of the closet to start controlling what straight people now have to say. Everyone should go back in the closet and not speak out Right
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

what the f wrote:
look at that hairbag who looks so Boonville and northern Oneida and herkimite and please you gays stop being so touchy. Let the hairbag speak and america also lets you speak out. Everyone stop trying to control everyone. Its a free country supposingly ,isn't it.He is entitled to his opinion as gays are entitled to walk down New York city in parades looking so freakish and naked. Its all the American way , isn't it. What did the gays come out of the closet to start controlling what straight people now have to say. Everyone should go back in the closet and not speak out Right
He is entitled to his opinion, just as A&E is entitled to fire his ass under the terms of the contract he signed with them.

No rights were violated here. None.
tough guy

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Watch the ratings skyrocket now that he expressed his personal views,which he has a right too !
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The ratings are actually falling fast. Sponsors and advertisers are pulling away from the show. A&E is already planning to cancel it, probably after this season finishes, unless it gets so bad they cancel earlier.

Writing is on the wall. Duck Dynasty on A&E is dead...
315 Fail Central

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Is anyone surprised that some inbred hick has really narrow minded beliefs?
money first

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If A&E are so outraged by his comments, they should have pulled the entire show. But they won't because it is the highest rated show they have. As someone pointed out, they are running Duck Dynasty marathons. Put your money where your mouth is A&E, Hypocrites.
315 Fail Central

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

money first wrote:
If A&E are so outraged by his comments, they should have pulled the entire show. But they won't because it is the highest rated show they have. As someone pointed out, they are running Duck Dynasty marathons. Put your money where your mouth is A&E, Hypocrites.
Let's see what happens when all the big money advertisers pull their spots, not want to be associated with a show featuring a homophobe bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
is IT WRONG TO EXPOSE MYSELF AT EAGLE 2 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 4
breaking SEM CNC NEWS PUNK SKULL CRUSHED AN MAMMA 2 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 2
jayce enoch 3 hr pretty girl 1
help HOG JOWL STUCK IN GOLD TOOTH 3 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 18
why DO NEGEROES RA PE BABIES ALL DAY ON AFRICA 3 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 10
Coach LittleMan is so totally totally fcked now. 3 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 4
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 3 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 43
High rise fire Ufd 3 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 32
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 4 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 122
WKTV's new broadcast desk 4 hr Sunny Side Up 72
Irish Fest 5 hr Sunny Side Up 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••