You People Are Backwards
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#23 Jun 11, 2014
Utica invented backwards.
Happy Here

Blossvale, NY

#24 Jun 12, 2014
Hey llies and rigies how are things in the awesome albany area? Where every resident is an overpaid uneducated state employee who shills for the next current governor and kow tows to the corporate man. Sounds like Utopia hope you dont get in any fatal accidents on I87 on your way to get a cheap ice cream cone at the 7000 stewarts on every corner.
Believe It

Blossvale, NY

#26 Jun 12, 2014
I bet there are traffic jams all over the US because of the influx of residents trying to get to Indiana the arm pit of America. Get your head out of Bobby Knights ass Martinsville fool!

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#28 Jun 12, 2014
Happy Here wrote:
Hey llies and rigies how are things in the awesome albany area? Where every resident is an overpaid uneducated state employee who shills for the next current governor and kow tows to the corporate man. Sounds like Utopia hope you dont get in any fatal accidents on I87 on your way to get a cheap ice cream cone at the 7000 stewarts on every corner.
In the counties of the capital district there is the same percentage of state workers as there is in oneida county. I bet you didn't know that.
comparison

Hayward, CA

#29 Jun 12, 2014
Albany is CNY. Funny to hear the term capital district. Imagine talking to someone in NYC
" hey where are you from?"
"I'm from the capital district."
"Where is that?"

No one outside of the dumb little community where your Mom lives have ever heard that term.
comparison

Hayward, CA

#30 Jun 12, 2014
Its true that Utica is backwards - anyone who would live in CNY that doesn't have to is s fool.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#31 Jun 12, 2014
comparison wrote:
Albany is CNY. Funny to hear the term capital district. Imagine talking to someone in NYC
" hey where are you from?"
"I'm from the capital district."
"Where is that?"
No one outside of the dumb little community where your Mom lives have ever heard that term.
You would be 100% wrong.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#33 Jun 12, 2014
Utica Positivity Brigade wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary. I have friends downstate that have heard of the Western Tier and the Capital district... They have to because you drive through there to get to Boston or Canada.
Mohawk Valley? Central NY? Leatherstocking Region? Nope. A few people even thought the Adirondacks connects with the Catskills (or worse... the Appalachians.)
At best they were familiar with Ithaca (because of Cornell U) or Binghamton. People know about Elmira only because that city was used all the time for Earth Science NY Regents tests.
Rochester is one of those "OMG BIG DEAL MONEY" cities to Utica... but downstaters don't know a thing about it except for maybe the Eastman School of Music.
Speaking of schools, no one has ever heard of SUNYIT, UC, or Hamilton College. However, they DO know of SUNY Albany, Binghamton, and Buffalo.
So are people familiar with EVERY town of the Captial region? No. Do they know about the "nano center" there? Probably not. But at least you don't have to bring out Google Maps when you say, "I'm from the Albany area."
Different than:
Me: "I live near the Utica region."
*blank look*
Me: "It's east of Syracuse."
*blank look, scratching head*
Me: "It's about two hours east of Rochester?"
*yawn, blank look, more head scratches*
Me: "It's about 90 minutes west of the Albany/capital region?"
"OHHHH Albany! Why didn't you just say you lived near Albany??"
Pretty much this.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#35 Jun 12, 2014
not cliffy wrote:
Uticans have no clue!
They really don't. They truly believe they are the center of the universe.
shakita wallawalla

Whitesboro, NY

#36 Jun 12, 2014
I wents to clifton but the smell from the mohawk was worse then me.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#37 Jun 12, 2014
shakita wallawalla wrote:
I wents to clifton but the smell from the mohawk was worse then me.
Case in point.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#39 Jun 13, 2014
As show by the rampant racism on this forum this is definitely true.
What

Oneonta, NY

#40 Jun 13, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
As show by the rampant racism on this forum this is definitely true.
Your narcissistic nattering puts you in the same company. Better up the Xanax, the stress is showing again.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#41 Jun 13, 2014
What wrote:
<quoted text>Your narcissistic nattering puts you in the same company. Better up the Xanax, the stress is showing again.
"Narcissistic nattering". Sounds like a good title for a book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keven gottlieb 7 min Sooverit 1
State test results 16 min Community Advocate 9
kristen drama queen copeland (Sep '14) 27 min eric 24
Amanda from Lukins??? 42 min funny 2
Democrat Leadership Cause of Utica Poverty 45 min Uncle Louie 17
Hanna denounces Trump, supports Clinton 47 min Judicial Watcher 151
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 1 hr Outside looking in 8
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 1 hr Empty Pantsuit 30
Sam wessing 2 hr dee 28
Biggest RAT in ufd 3 hr Got your 6 29
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 10 hr j3333rd 235

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages