Yorkville Fire Residency questioned

Posted in the Utica Forum

Is it in you

White Plains, NY

#1 Mar 2, 2013
Really

Newington, CT

#2 Mar 2, 2013
I wonder where this is all stemming from?

Yorkville FD is a classy outfit and have been around close to like 175 years. This seems to smell of politics. Could it be some pot stirrer from the city of Utica is looking to may some hay of the situation. Maybe then UFD would be in the benevolent position of offering their "services" to the fine residents of the village of Yorkville? Could this be a revenue generation scheme of the UFD empire? They haven't seen a penny they won't stop to pick up.

Could this be an angle of another whitestown FD that wants Yorkvilles area for the increased funding? It's to bad it's not about the service offered our the best needs of the community and simply about who can suck up the few dollars out there.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Hopefully YFD holds there head high and stays around another couple hundred years.
boygeorge

Oriskany Falls, NY

#3 Mar 2, 2013
I hate to say it but yorkville isn't the only department that has members out of the district. I know New York Mills, Whitesboro and other departments who have members out of the district why pick on yorkville? I don't think UFD is trying to take over yorkville's area because UFD is having problem of their own with things anyways. At one time they wanted to close more firestations and have yorkville or the mills take over some of utica's district. Who knows but if someone wants to pick on yorkville then the the state should do a sweep of all of the firedepartments. I bet ya after that there will be no members left to serve. They should leave things alone let the people who want to serve serve.
Past chief Georgie

Little Falls, NY

#4 Mar 2, 2013
Blah
is it in you

White Plains, NY

#5 Mar 3, 2013
This all stems from "administrative issues" that were brought up when a past long time member wanted to recently return. Notice Chief Joe said the matter wasnt brought up until recently and he "declined to comment" on what that issue was.
Duh

United States

#6 Mar 3, 2013
I hate to say it but politics is killing vol fire departments . Members leaving for other departments , no one showing up for calls etc , No one wants to deal with bs and games , when they have better things to do then deal with the bull .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name the drug addict hookers in the Utica area 3 min Lakewood100 36
Why Does Trump Lie So Much? 9 min Two Term Trump 22
Keeler the posterchild for the Democratic party 14 min Taxpayer 4
Oneida county transparency 18 min Voter 5
MV HS Gaining popularity and ALL wants the HOSP... 21 min Voter 9
Piccente’s 50M NANO NOTHING HAPPENED 24 min Voter 17
Kids of Oneida 45 min Utica 2
Claudia Tenney BLASTS scam Dem/RINO hospital plan! 49 min ex member d stito 15
NH SAT Scores 2 hr im right outisde ... 43
Attention Left Turning Female 8 hr Really 43