$4000 to have police on varick street...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What the

Needham, MA

#21 Apr 27, 2012
Again, what if the guy who owns Varick, Stephater, and Sickenberger (spelling ?) refuses to pay 12 FUCKING LARGE!!? Does that mean when a woman is bein assaulted in front of one of these places the police will look the other way? Because that's what it sounds like to me, rediculas .. I know, I know we have a major problem with debt but I'm sure this is not any way of digging into it. Talking about seeing a pot of honey and wanting to lick it clean. Further more, don't we want to see more jobs created? Well HELLO! Use the 4k to hire more security for the outside of the bars, instead of telling bar owner to pay 4k for police, meet them half way and tell them there is a minimum number of (licenced) security personal you need to have on "event" nights like Saranac Thursdays. And last what about all the cops who hang out down at these bars, should they take a pay cut? Because guess what that $4k will be passed onto the consumer...round and round we go, that round about was so ironic...don't you think?
Bar owners unite

Utica, NY

#22 Apr 27, 2012
What if you don't pay? Would the bar owner be fined or arrested?Does walmart have to pay extra because of the increase of shoplifting from their fine patrons?If the police get called out for something someone gets a ticket and that's where the money is .OR no tickets to be issued if they kick up the 4g so there would be no double dipping ,the po po could just stand around stroking their nite sticks .I d them to do their job that the taxes pay for! What else would they be doing ?
antidote

Cortland, NY

#23 Apr 27, 2012
charge admission
Bar owners unite

Utica, NY

#24 Apr 27, 2012
Why pass it on to the consumer when they pay taxes already on food ,beer gas to get there ,bar pays property tax . Besides that the police dept waste money why give them more .
Grif

United States

#25 Apr 27, 2012
The extra police are rhere to keep the blacks under control,man,you all know that dont you
Biased

Syracuse, NY

#26 Apr 27, 2012
hey justicedefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
no dumbass it doesn't. it falls under "public nuisance" and i'm sure the decent people who live around varick street would agree. high time varick street bar owners got fined for serving the booze that keeps varick street such a hot mess.
Stop supporting drunks and the dirtballs that serve them ya creep
I work on Thursdays, part time. I am not a dirtball, and am trying to make extra money to help my kids for college. Many ( MANY) of the patrons of Varick street bring their own booze downtown. I see liquor bottles everywhere, empty drug baggies, etc. They get drunk and high without having to even buy a drink sometimes. It is not the bar owners fault, or responsibility, to monitor their behavior on the street. Cops are needed, and it IS their job. But paying for extra protection is absurd. If you don't like it, stay home. Nothing positive to say anyway.
Tissue

Waltham, MA

#27 Apr 27, 2012
$4000 less than you bonnie bit$hers have. Rather have them there for saftety when the dirtballs can't control their alcohol and cause trouble as usual.
Jesus

Selkirk, NY

#28 May 8, 2012
Well, if they could just keep the coons off the street you wouldn't need a riot squad down there. Just one or two officers to patrol. Cicero's seventeen illegitimate primate offspring alone cost the police thousands in overtime pay.
Interesting

Baldwinsville, NY

#30 May 9, 2012
The other night on the news, the brewery was credited for part of the success of the Boilermaker by sponsoring it, and the free beer afterwards- something no other city in the country has at the end of a race. It was also said how much revenue is brought to the area because of the associated events. The brewery can help fund the area with this positive that everyone benefits by, but then be threatened along with area businesses with other events because of "Protection". Much the same as in the gangster movies. I wonder what would happen if the brewery were to announce that this year's boilermaker would be their last, and wish the city and their corrupt politicians good luck. Don't the Varrick St. businesses have to pay extra for permits to have these activities? Who pays for the extra protection for the city fireworks displays, parades, etc.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's up with all the weird threads?? 2 min Posts Like Yours 8
Usmail Electric BUSTED in State CometsSCAM Audi... 1 hr Absolutely Not True 61
On The Mark 1 hr mario 44
Sean Hannity Gay 2 hr Choochho 7
Paul McCartney sucks 2 hr no way 8
How R the Edge Paid Trolls? 2 hr The City of Riggies 6
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 2 hr Justice 181
tenney 12 hr brady bunch 79

Utica Jobs

More from around the web