suicide is the most selfish thing and...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
John Hancock

Roma, TX

#44 Sep 11, 2012
All of you who think suicide is NOT the "Coward's Way Out" are in fact, idiots. It is the coward's way out because people who kill themselves are cowards because instead of facing the problem or issue they simply kill themselves instead of facing, dealing, or finding a way to it. If someone doesn't have "friends" or family members they still have hope in finding people who would listen and respect them as a human being. Or even being invited or befriended to a family. Now all of you who reply saying otherwise. You should think about it before replying.
Lyman Zurga

New York, NY

#45 Sep 12, 2012
John Hancock wrote:
All of you who think suicide is NOT the "Coward's Way Out" are in fact, idiots. It is the coward's way out because people who kill themselves are cowards because instead of facing the problem or issue they simply kill themselves instead of facing, dealing, or finding a way to it. If someone doesn't have "friends" or family members they still have hope in finding people who would listen and respect them as a human being. Or even being invited or befriended to a family. Now all of you who reply saying otherwise. You should think about it before replying.
Well, John Hancock, I personally feel that you issuing such a blanket statement as "you are an idiot if you
don't think that suicide is a cowardly act," denotes that you may be the one suffering from small-mindedness and idiotic thinking.

Why does someone have to be an "idiot" if they happen to disagree with your thinking on a subject? Name-calling? Generalizing? Seems to me that you are the "idiot," sir.

Of course, you are entitled to your thoughts and feelings on the subject. I wouldn't deny you that. But I happen to
think that I can disagree with you and still have a valid point, while also not being an "idiot."

Sure, there are some instances where I have thought that a person was acting selfishly and cowardly in committing suicide. But it is my personal opinion that the majority of people who commit suicide are very troubled individuals. Their brains do not operate the same as people who have learned to cope with the life we are given. And it is with this in mind that I have learned not to try and understand the "why's" and the "how's." I don't feel that they are responsible for their actions. They are not of sound mind. If you or anyone else wants to condemn them for that, then so be it. But I certainly will not. It's not up to me to condemn anyone, anyway.

You see, you are so worried that someone who commits suicide might be getting off easy in this life, that you aren't able to do anything but condemn them because it helps you feel better. You feel that since you have stuck it out thus far in life, that everyone should be able to, and it angers you when someone doesn't. It's not fair to you, to everyone else still here.

I ask you, why does it matter so much to you? What interest do you have in someone else's life, that you need to make sure that everyone knows what a bad and selfish person someone is when they commit suicide? You have none. You are just trying to make yourself feel better and you are trying to make sense out of something entirely illogical.

This is the key, for me. Knowing that there is no rhyme or reason to suicide. Do you know why that is? Because most of the time, it is the act of a person who's brain isn't working properly. It is the action of an insane person. They r not in their right mind. And being such, we have no right to try to minimize their act into some simple-minded, generalized explanation like the one you put forth in your post. We don't know these people, and even when we do, we don't know the dark places their mind took them too. We just don't know.

So shut up and fuck off
lucky

United States

#46 Sep 12, 2012
Funeral Poems : Suicide Poems

Funeral poems for suicide victim.

If someone has committed suicide, it is always difficult to know what to say.

This poem has been written as a funeral poem for someone who has committed suicide.

Funeral Poem - Suicide Poems:

No one knew the torment,
That you were going through;
We only kept on seeing
What we really wanted to.

We saw the outward smile,
But not your inner pain;
We never really dreamt,
That you would never smile again.

Forgive us if we failed to see,
What we could do to aid;
Or if we failed to comprehend,
How much you were afraid.

We pray your mental anguish,
Will now forever cease;
And that your deep anxieties,
Will be replaced by peace.

We know your pain invaded,
Every single thought you had;
It made you cry internally,
And deeply, deeply sad.

But we in turn remember,
The good times, not the bad;
We remember when you smiled at us,
And not when you were sad.

So when we think about your life,
We won't dwell upon its close;
We'll remember all the good times,
And forget about life's blows.

We'll remember all the happiness,
The joy and not the tears;
The assurance and the confidence,
And not irrational fears.

Our lives have all been better,
Because you have been there;
So now we leave your memory,
In God's all-loving care.

Suicide Poems (c) Dick Underwood 2008
blah

Charlottesville, VA

#47 Feb 20, 2013
I agree wrote:
the posters above don't understand that suicide is the most selfish act anyone can do. It is all about control - it's the final act of destroying others - leaving their pain for others to live. Suicide is for cowards -- bottom line. Please spare me the BS retorts - anyone who commits suicide is because they have made a mess of their lives and don't have the courage/strenth to clean up their wreckage! Cowards!
The way you're pointing out the problem with suicide not only neglects cases in which people are going through pain that they didn't cause and can't control (i.e. terminal illness), but it also incites truly suicidal people to go through with it. If I were suicidal and I read your post, I would think "Well, fuck it, I am a coward. Why not rid the world of one more worthless coward?" But people who consider suicide are not cowards. It takes a lot of willpower and strength to attempt suicide. Who are you to judge someone else whose emotional self you don't know? Suicide is in my eyes usually not the best option. But those who consider it, ill or not, should not be considered cowards. Yes, they would be hurting those who love them, but I believe people have the right to do with their lives what they will so long as they aren't infringing upon the rights of others. People have a basic right to commit suicide. But if someone is considering suicide, they must seriously consider all other possible options because suicide should always be the last resort when no other better options are available, which is almost never the case.
anonymous

Croydon, UK

#48 Apr 17, 2013
I am 14 and ppl who say it's selfish are twats how would you like being ginger, bullied, beaten up, and unloved.but you forget ppl like me. I'm constantly harassed . I have depression don't f*cking tell me it's selfish. Being afraid of death and begging some god for a second chance to relive your life is selfish so shut the f*ck up.
Tiny Dancer

Paterson, NJ

#49 Apr 17, 2013
Don't let anyone billy you. Don't let anyone stop you from doing the things you want to do with your life. Suicide is not the answer. Either avoid the bullies , or tomorrow walk behind the biggest one tap him on the shoulder and aim for the stop between his nose and lip and punch him with all you got. Yep it's a sucker punch and a sure way of knocking him out and him never bothering you again.

You're 14, you have a great life ahead if you. The best thing about being you is the best days of your life are right around the corner.

Level 7

Since: Apr 13

New Hartford, NY

#52 Apr 26, 2013
the dark wrote:
someone who commits suicide is sick. They are so ill that it is the only option. When you feel like that, you are hopeless and need help.
I agree

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Ryde, Australia

#53 Jul 8, 2013
DOIT wrote:
<quoted text>The cowards way is the one who is afraid of death, I want to see you in the home strapped to a wheelchair drooling on yourself, shting yourself and having someone changing your diaper. Worse is the scum who worry about what others do because your life is a joke like your mother.

Just no. I don't have anything against you but it is the cowards way out if you ask me. In life you should face things no matter how bad they are. Welcome to life. You are going to have to deal with different people and you'll have to deal with them. This isn't a fantasy world of make belief, it's life. Think about it. My friends friend was abused by her own parents from when she was very young. She didn't committing suicide. She's staying strong and i don't want anyone giving me this line of crap saying that the people who commit suicide are strong and brave. Im sorry. They are cowards who run away from problems they should solve and I think that being abused as a child is far more worse than being so called adolescent 'bullying' Thankyou thats all I have to say. x

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Ryde, Australia

#54 Jul 11, 2013
DOIT wrote:
<quoted text>The cowards way is the one who is afraid of death, I want to see you in the home strapped to a wheelchair drooling on yourself, shting yourself and having someone changing your diaper. Worse is the scum who worry about what others do because your life is a joke like your mother.
im not afraid of death but it doesnt mean im a piece of scum coward who runs away from their problems. Hunny your in for a rude awakening. welcome to life you cant run away from your problems you have to face them.
rajesh konga

Pasadena, CA

#55 Dec 17, 2014
I want suiside partner from India 8460869647
Oh Yeah

New Hartford, NY

#57 Dec 18, 2014
Suicide Elaqua wrote:
Tony Elaqua did himself and sent his fake family a message BUT GOOD!
The long overwrought obituary kinda outlined why he did it too if you read about that family they were more interested in talking about and listing themselves than talking about the Suicide Chump himself!
But Utica people are almost all like that, you already knew it.
Cretin, you have gone to the well one time too many on this. The shock value and ire you aim to illicit no longer is effective. We all know that you are pos, don't read your ranting garbage, and have come to enjoy, while at the same time pity, your pain, anger, and frustration regarding the pos you have become during your life. Keep dancing little sissy girl!!!!!!!
Eastman Kodak

New York, NY

#58 Dec 18, 2014
Lyman Zurga wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, John Hancock, I personally feel that you issuing such a blanket statement as "you are an idiot if you
don't think that suicide is a cowardly act," denotes that you may be the one suffering from small-mindedness and idiotic thinking.
Why does someone have to be an "idiot" if they happen to disagree with your thinking on a subject? Name-calling? Generalizing? Seems to me that you are the "idiot," sir.
Of course, you are entitled to your thoughts and feelings on the subject. I wouldn't deny you that. But I happen to
think that I can disagree with you and still have a valid point, while also not being an "idiot."
Sure, there are some instances where I have thought that a person was acting selfishly and cowardly in committing suicide. But it is my personal opinion that the majority of people who commit suicide are very troubled individuals. Their brains do not operate the same as people who have learned to cope with the life we are given. And it is with this in mind that I have learned not to try and understand the "why's" and the "how's." I don't feel that they are responsible for their actions. They are not of sound mind. If you or anyone else wants to condemn them for that, then so be it. But I certainly will not. It's not up to me to condemn anyone, anyway.
You see, you are so worried that someone who commits suicide might be getting off easy in this life, that you aren't able to do anything but condemn them because it helps you feel better. You feel that since you have stuck it out thus far in life, that everyone should be able to, and it angers you when someone doesn't. It's not fair to you, to everyone else still here.
I ask you, why does it matter so much to you? What interest do you have in someone else's life, that you need to make sure that everyone knows what a bad and selfish person someone is when they commit suicide? You have none. You are just trying to make yourself feel better and you are trying to make sense out of something entirely illogical.
This is the key, for me. Knowing that there is no rhyme or reason to suicide. Do you know why that is? Because most of the time, it is the act of a person who's brain isn't working properly. It is the action of an insane person. They r not in their right mind. And being such, we have no right to try to minimize their act into some simple-minded, generalized explanation like the one you put forth in your post. We don't know these people, and even when we do, we don't know the dark places their mind took them too. We just don't know.
So shut up and fuck off
No, YOU ARE WRONG! Suicide is NOT a cowardly act, keeping someone alive with no sustenence taking the breath of life, love, excitement and more away from someone for the sure kicks if joy to harass torment and more is beyond sickening and if that person killed themselves you would be without got toy to mast urbate on. Suicide is for the strong, the one that can no longer take the sheer loss of life. Argue with me, why? Look at this site and other venues and the answer and proof can be readily accessed to see how ugly, mean, vile and cruel this area has been onto one even when reported with all this prrof and after such laws were passed the NYS Troopers refused to stop it, when they said they would demand stuff removed they lied and refused to intervene so they got their rocks off doubly hurting the person. No. Suicide is not a permenant soulution to a temporoary problem it is a temporary solution to a permanant problem. This areA is cruel and evil and the phonies running around are vile for what was done to one person in sorrow.

George Eastman killed himself his words were My job is done.
Keoss

Sterling Heights, MI

#59 Apr 21, 2015
I do not promote or say that people should do it, but saying that someone is selfish or cowardly for killing themselves is just wrong. It's certainly not brave (unless you're doing it for a just cause to make an impact), but it's certainly not cowardly either, and saying that kind of thing is incredibly disrespectful to the dead.
Yeah there are those who kill themselves to get back at other people and stuff and to hurt others, and killing oneself while being a parent is kind of sick in a way, if somebody is feeling so hurt, pressured, sad, depressed, ect. that they feel they have to kill themselves to rid themselves of that pain, that's just the final straw to them, not a coward's way out.
Sure they could hurt other people but you shouldn't revolve your life on what other people will do. Sure if they're someone you care about, wife kids ect., it should be given thought but if you feel that bad and depressed and that you aren't even supported by them, then it's ultimately your decision.
Some excellent points have been brought up on both sides of the argument, but in the end it honestly depends on their reason of death.
Karen

Utica, NY

#61 May 1, 2015
Keoss wrote:
I do not promote or say that people should do it, but saying that someone is selfish or cowardly for killing themselves is just wrong. It's certainly not brave (unless you're doing it for a just cause to make an impact), but it's certainly not cowardly either, and saying that kind of thing is incredibly disrespectful to the dead.
Yeah there are those who kill themselves to get back at other people and stuff and to hurt others, and killing oneself while being a parent is kind of sick in a way, if somebody is feeling so hurt, pressured, sad, depressed, ect. that they feel they have to kill themselves to rid themselves of that pain, that's just the final straw to them, not a coward's way out.
Sure they could hurt other people but you shouldn't revolve your life on what other people will do. Sure if they're someone you care about, wife kids ect., it should be given thought but if you feel that bad and depressed and that you aren't even supported by them, then it's ultimately your decision.
Some excellent points have been brought up on both sides of the argument, but in the end it honestly depends on their reason of death.
Must admit I seriously thought about it. I may be an adult but someone treated me so horribly and made me so depressed I did'nt know what to do. Some people are so manipulative and hurtful that I believe he wouldnt have cared a bit if I turned to that at the time. No, I never told him I felt like doing it so I wasnt looking for his sympathy. Believe me when I tell u, he would have told me to do it ans he would have been happy. It took me a very long time to realize its not worth it. I just hope he never hurts someone like that again.
snopper

Utica, NY

#62 May 1, 2015
Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Must admit I seriously thought about it. I may be an adult but someone treated me so horribly and made me so depressed I did'nt know what to do. Some people are so manipulative and hurtful that I believe he wouldnt have cared a bit if I turned to that at the time. No, I never told him I felt like doing it so I wasnt looking for his sympathy. Believe me when I tell u, he would have told me to do it ans he would have been happy. It took me a very long time to realize its not worth it. I just hope he never hurts someone like that again.
Sometimes I think the person has a chronic diseases and is in so much pain that they want to be free and let it go. A lot of these people are senior citizens and do not want to be a burden any longer.
Sggank Notleks

Ajax, Canada

#66 Jan 30, 2016
John Hancock wrote:
You know KNOTHING!
BANG

United States

#67 Jan 30, 2016
I know the Elaquas kid took the cowards way out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unhappy married women 7 min Affairs 3
Looking for some woman who has hpv2 for dating 1 hr Affairs 1
Bella Regina wins best riggies 1 hr Uterus Pride 3
Post your Rob Palnnieri FAIL tale.... 1 hr Decay 1
Post your SteveDiMe0 FAIL tale!!!! 1 hr Zero Results 1
Why are white CNY inbred Cowards 1 hr Entropy 5
Nano All Done 1 hr Cancertown 37
Poll Kim Simon Murder (Feb '10) 2 hr Never Be solved 4,886
Boycott RedBox 2 hr Utican Gibberish 22

Utica Jobs