Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Judged:

DRN wrote:
<quoted text>
And so, if you're a nurse in St. Luke's or Faxton, you are part of the reason why no one should have surgery in Oneida County.
Nurses there are lazy and think they know more than the doctors to the point of not giving out medications to recovering patients because they don't agree with what the doctor prescribed or think the doses are too much.
You're role as a nurse is to do what the doctor orders and make the patient as comfortable as possible. That's it.
just a hunch here but you're a recovering addict of some form, correct? Pain meds withheld ? Perhaps even a nurse yourself...hmmm?
Mrs V

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Actually Humpty I have no idea. As far as recommending Dr Meeks, sure would, he is a very capapable physician. In my case I think it was the anesthesioligst who screwed up. Not only did it take seven attempts at a spinal, there was a real communication problem...I didnt understand a word she was trying to tell me. When you have hip replacement surgery, they place you on the opposite side...my arm was extented...and my shoulder hurt really bad, to the point that I could no longer stand it. When I asked the anesthesiologist why I was awake, she kept telling me it was almost over.(I think that what she was saying) I was in complete shock, I heard the pounding of the rod into my leg, the constant measurements of something by MM, each having to be a size bigger. My own personal belief, they miscalculated my body mass index. Now the pain I have in my should is something I have to live with, along with the hip being new. I have another appointment next month and I am going to ask (but request no treatment) as to what was going on? I dont think I will get an answer because I tried with my first follow up appointment, and basically Dr Meeks said nothing was in the report about it...DUH!!!!
no more

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Mrs V wrote:
Actually Humpty I have no idea. As far as recommending Dr Meeks, sure would, he is a very capapable physician. In my case I think it was the anesthesioligst who screwed up. Not only did it take seven attempts at a spinal, there was a real communication problem...I didnt understand a word she was trying to tell me. When you have hip replacement surgery, they place you on the opposite side...my arm was extented...and my shoulder hurt really bad, to the point that I could no longer stand it. When I asked the anesthesiologist why I was awake, she kept telling me it was almost over.(I think that what she was saying) I was in complete shock, I heard the pounding of the rod into my leg, the constant measurements of something by MM, each having to be a size bigger. My own personal belief, they miscalculated my body mass index. Now the pain I have in my should is something I have to live with, along with the hip being new. I have another appointment next month and I am going to ask (but request no treatment) as to what was going on? I dont think I will get an answer because I tried with my first follow up appointment, and basically Dr Meeks said nothing was in the report about it...DUH!!!!
Was the anesthesiologist Dr. Ivand at Community Memorial Hospital? I had her and she medicated me with four syringes of medication before taking me to the operating room. I felt like I had no control. I thought a patient is not supposed to be medicated until they are put on the heart monitors in the OR. It was not the best experience. I couldn't understand her either.
Hipmama

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Hamiliton
Mailman

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

what?
BONES

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Judged:

Humpty Dumpty wrote:
Does anyone know of a good orthopedic doctor/surgeon. I keep dislocating my shoulder at work and have been in physical therapy, but it seems I need surgery. I'm looking only for the best. Please this is not a joke. I need help.
Dr. Short from SOS Orthopedic in Syracuse NY
www.sosbones.com
mr-sales

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Judged:

i sure do go see john sullivan at slocum dixon he did a great job on me he put my rotator cuff inside out upside down etc then when icaled and told him he would not return my calls also his cohort dr dianne sullivann helped me by cutting off pain meds and pretended i was a drug addict her nurses made me pulll out mr happy right in front of them after endless trips to their office good group of pedofiles check em out,,,,

DRN
Level 6

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

guess who wrote:
<quoted text>
just a hunch here but you're a recovering addict of some form, correct? Pain meds withheld ? Perhaps even a nurse yourself...hmmm?
I said "medications" not "pain medications"

Nice try. Not.
Billy

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

okay
Anonoymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Aren't there any good suggestions out there?

DRN
Level 6

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Anonoymous wrote:
Aren't there any good suggestions out there?
Read the entire thread. Among the warnings and the insults, there are recommendations.
stubs

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Hamilton Orthopedics
mrs v

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

Yes..I still recommend Gowan, Meeks and associates they are well recognized. From what I hear, they are the recognized as one of the best either surgical sites or orthopedic surgeons in the state of NY. Also, I wanted to say that Dr Weiss at Orthopedics East in Syracuse does a good job.
Madison

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

mrs v wrote:
Yes..I still recommend Gowan, Meeks and associates they are well recognized. From what I hear, they are the recognized as one of the best either surgical sites or orthopedic surgeons in the state of NY. Also, I wanted to say that Dr Weiss at Orthopedics East in Syracuse does a good job.
Community Memorial Hospital in Hamilton, was ranked number two in NY state for Joint replacement. It's a small hospital and two of their surgical suites have luminar air flow for decreased risk of infection.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

Go to Maryland.

Johns Hopkins is the best place in the world!

Then you can have a local doc follow up with your care as long as they don't operate.
mr-sales

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2008

DR.John Sullivan he is wonderful put my rotator cuff in upside down very good doctor you can find his quirky lil ass at slocum dixon great doctor>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Humpty Dumpty

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2008

mr-sales wrote:
DR.John Sullivan he is wonderful put my rotator cuff in upside down very good doctor you can find his quirky lil ass at slocum dixon great doctor>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
What was wrong with your shoulder? Did it go out of joint like mine? I've been calling around and many of these doctors can't get me in until the end of August. I heard a lot of them let you see their physician assistants. I kind of have a problem with that as a doctor has much more schooling than a PA.
Mrs V

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

I dont know what went wrong, but it was something during my surgery. I never had any complaints prior to having my hip replaced. I cant sleep at night, It clicks and snaps. How about this, I had a funeral this weekend and I met up with another guy who had his hip replaced and was up for the whole surgery too! I kinda of wonder now if the anesthesologist really knew what they are doing? I can see once maybe it happening because of a miscalculation of body mass. BUT TWICE? I think soon I am going to have to have my shoulder looked at because its almost like its sprained. It doesnt bother me all the time, but when I move it just right or try to lift something to heavy. Its like it hyperextends. Anywho Humpty, you have options, you can go to Hamilton or Dr Weiss in Syracuse..but August seems like a long time away.....
Pain no more

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

If you're willing to travel try this Doctor. He's supposed to be the best.
www.drharwin.com/pages/home.php
Hydro

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

DRN wrote:
Cappachino (sp) in Buffalo is good as well.
Under no circumtances should you see Frank Bohem. He is a killer. Literally.
He saved my brothers life, so I would recommend him ANY time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

271 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
If Cuomo steps down over Moreland then what for... 2 min Great Reply crybaby 17
Must of Utica is destroyed just drive through t... (Apr '11) 2 min Washington Courts Reload 10
Gnatek Cancel the bus 10 min You need help 10
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 13 min Bigger than 911 9
Taylor and crook 16 min Negativity 80
WKTV's new broadcast desk 20 min Riggie The Aszwipe 37
A request to Riggies 21 min Bobby O Lies and Riggies 8
Golfers- where do you play and why 1 hr Gaggy 30
Topix Board Hijacked To Purposely Keep People Off 2 hr Bobby O Lies and Riggies 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••