How is Aqua Vino
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

Watertown, NY

#1 May 4, 2010
Need a place for sunday and saw their ad. Anybody been there? How is the food?

Since: May 10

Watertown, NY

#2 May 5, 2010
very good food, large portions but very overpriced...go to the mothers day buffet at garden grille instead...only about 5 bucks cheaper but u get a lot more variety n its all u can eat...i took mom there last year. aqua vino is good for a date but not mothers day
What

United States

#3 May 5, 2010
The women who gave birth to you is not worth 5 dollars more for twice the quality of food and twice the atomosphere. You better rethink that
Jerry

United States

#4 May 5, 2010
Moms Love Voss's !
goalie

New York, NY

#5 May 5, 2010
hockey player owns
Thanks

Watertown, NY

#6 May 5, 2010
the UT wrote:
very good food, large portions but very overpriced...go to the mothers day buffet at garden grille instead...only about 5 bucks cheaper but u get a lot more variety n its all u can eat...i took mom there last year. aqua vino is good for a date but not mothers day
Thanks for an intelligent answer. I was wondering about the place but was leary of asking here. Thank you for some helpful information.
uphate ny

New York, NY

#7 May 5, 2010
The food is actually good but the portions are small and expensive. The service isn't that good. I have been there several times and while the waitresses and staff are generally nice, the host (the hockey guys mom) was horribly rude. We ended up leaving the restaurant after being seated because frankly she was just that big of a negative nancy. I will never go back again and do not suggest it to anyone.

Go to Delmonico's its waaaaaaay better and the waitresses are hot
thinkagain

Manlius, NY

#8 May 5, 2010
Went there once because we received a gift certificate and thought the atmosphere and layout were well done. The rest of our visit was a horror story though. My girlfriend and I were seated fast and orders were taken promptly but when a friend of our waitress came in they had all her attention and we were served appetizers and salads by the busboy. Drinks stayed empty while the tubby waitress stood bullshitting with one table leaving others including ourselves to twiddle our thumbs waiting for service. I thought we would see a screwup on the orders when the waitress tried to remember every detail w/out writing anything down and when the meal finally arrived we werent surprised to find things all screwed up. My girlfriends chicken had the sides screwed up and they had the balls to send her dish out with the potato literally floating in watery chicken sauce. That was pretty gross but what they did to my meal sealed their "Rather eat at Ponderosa" recommendation from me. They served me my seafood pasta with 100% rotten scallops and shrimp. The seafood in the dish stunk like ammonia and was so mushy and nasty I almost threw up. When the waitress finally came back to the table we asked for the check, gave her the entire giftcard, and got the hell out of there. I didnt care that we had $25 more than the bill on the gift card we just said keep the change we wont be back and headed for the door. I never have heard anything good from others and if you want a good local meal try Michael T's or Alee's. We eat all over and those two places always have consistant good food with friendly service.
Capt Planet

New York, NY

#9 May 6, 2010
yea aqua vino is the worst
What

United States

#10 May 7, 2010
The foods great and the service is great find it hard to believe anyone had a bad meal there. If you like Italian food it's either there or georgio's
aaa13501

Lincolnshire, IL

#11 May 7, 2010
LOOOve it best place around
Billy the Kid

Syracuse, NY

#12 May 8, 2010
Whether or not it is over priced is very subjective. Poor service and attitude are unacceptable even at McDonalds. Surprised to hear of bad food there especially if Mike Geno is still the chef. Enjoyed my only visit and found the price fair.
Wondering

Watertown, NY

#13 May 11, 2010
Went there for mothers day and the food and service were great. They also had decoratedn the room and gave a small gift to the mothers. Thanks for the recomendations. Would definitly go back.
slippyfists

New York, NY

#14 May 12, 2010
no way aqua vino sucks donkey dink.. you want real italian food then go to ya muddas
Wondering

AOL

#15 May 12, 2010
slippyfists wrote:
no way aqua vino sucks donkey dink.. you want real italian food then go to ya muddas
Shows what you know - there wasn't any italian food except for one tray of macaroni and sauce. Stop being such a hater
slippyfists

New York, NY

#16 May 12, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows what you know - there wasn't any italian food except for one tray of macaroni and sauce. Stop being such a hater
shows what you know?? who says that besides the sexually repressed?

Sorry homeboy I'm not a "hater", I do however keep it real and Aqua Vino sniffs donkey dink! ya mudda!
Grinch

Coxsackie, NY

#17 Sep 22, 2010
slippyfists wrote:
<quoted text>
shows what you know?? who says that besides the sexually repressed?
Sorry homeboy I'm not a "hater", I do however keep it real and Aqua Vino sniffs donkey dink! ya mudda!
Hey kids, the adults are speaking. Shush.
nasty

Middleville, NY

#18 Sep 22, 2010
Tell Rob to stick to Hockey...........FOOD SUCKS and service is bad too.
hockey

Camillus, NY

#19 Sep 23, 2010
goalie wrote:
hockey player owns
Yes, he is the husband of Nancy Wilson's cousin, Kelly!
cnyer

Baldwinsville, NY

#20 Sep 23, 2010
Went there several years ago when it first opened and it was awful, said i would not go back. HOWEVER... heard they had changed chefs and gave it another try this summer. Everything was fantastic! The prices were comparable to any other ( non-franchise) restaurant in the area. Food and appetizers were delicious. Have been back 3 times since then... only complaint( if you call this a complaint) would be the menu is a little limited. Other than that... i would recommend Aqua Vino!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gordon's Tap Room 8 min Blind City 1
What are some names of gangs in Utica? 12 min Scared 8
Utica schools off struggling list....lol 42 min cook the books 23
Rob Butler 1 hr playa 13
Monkeys 1 hr Hello hello 4
Mark Ambrose (Jun '11) 1 hr Gina 12
Is Bill Keeler the real deal ? 1 hr For Sale 37
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 1 hr Cut OC Taxes 34
Massive Gorilla Fight at Ocean Blue 17 hr apeout 34

Utica Jobs