First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Question

Syracuse, NY

#1 Nov 30, 2009
Jennifer Major Denicola and Tiffany Wilson both work as co-managers of the Stevens-Swan Humane Society. Jennifer just got arrested for stealing $1,200 dollars from her uncle. Tiffany got arrested over the summer for shoplifting.
The board chased away the former manager Deb Marshal because she kept a tight ship. As soon as they promoted Diane Broccli to Exective Director things have gone downhill. Dave Taurisano was also employed even after being forced off the SSHS board for his arrest and conviction of arson.
Maybe it is time for someone to look into this organization BEFORE Xmas donations start pouring in.
seriously

New York, NY

#2 Nov 30, 2009
Interesting facts..... thank you for posting!!!
It seems that there are more than those people in question.... perhaps the community should take a look at the promotions end of things? kind of suspicious.....
sad. it could be a wonderful organization.....but stop in. it's pretty enlightening.
Question wrote:
Jennifer Major Denicola and Tiffany Wilson both work as co-managers of the Stevens-Swan Humane Society. Jennifer just got arrested for stealing $1,200 dollars from her uncle. Tiffany got arrested over the summer for shoplifting.
The board chased away the former manager Deb Marshal because she kept a tight ship. As soon as they promoted Diane Broccli to Exective Director things have gone downhill. Dave Taurisano was also employed even after being forced off the SSHS board for his arrest and conviction of arson.
Maybe it is time for someone to look into this organization BEFORE Xmas donations start pouring in.
Pitbulls

Syracuse, NY

#3 Nov 30, 2009
i was down there recently. I don't know who is more miserable the pits or the people at the front desk.
Utican

Syracuse, NY

#4 Dec 1, 2009
I heard that they got there driveway done by the taxpayers of Utica even though it is not located in Utica.
hmmmm

New York, NY

#5 Dec 1, 2009
Utican wrote:
I heard that they got there driveway done by the taxpayers of Utica even though it is not located in Utica.
Isn't one of their employees in the political arena of Utica? Jerry Krause?
really

Ithaca, NY

#6 Dec 1, 2009
Question wrote:
Jennifer Major Denicola and Tiffany Wilson both work as co-managers of the Stevens-Swan Humane Society. Jennifer just got arrested for stealing $1,200 dollars from her uncle. Tiffany got arrested over the summer for shoplifting.
The board chased away the former manager Deb Marshal because she kept a tight ship. As soon as they promoted Diane Broccli to Exective Director things have gone downhill. Dave Taurisano was also employed even after being forced off the SSHS board for his arrest and conviction of arson.
Maybe it is time for someone to look into this organization BEFORE Xmas donations start pouring in.
It makes me think twice before I donate again thats for sure!!!!
Dog Lover

Syracuse, NY

#7 Dec 2, 2009
I used to volunteer at the Stevens-Swan Humane Society. I would walk the dogs so that they weren't "caged" in day after day. The individuals at the front dest spent more time outside smoking than taking care of people looking to adopt. I got so sick of there demeanor I have stopped going.
I agree, when Deb was in charge the place was clean, organized and workers were taking care of people seeking adoption.
Bring Deb back before the whole place goes to the "dogs". Mrs. Broccali spends more time at city hall and running her child around that she does at the shelter.
Why did they take away the right for the Director Diane Broccili to sign checks is the question. She must get a signature down at city hall now to cash anything.
Julie

Ithaca, NY

#8 Dec 2, 2009
Oh, sure. Punish the animals through not donating because of what the employees have done. They haven't stolen from the agency itself!
Beanz

Stony Brook, NY

#9 Dec 2, 2009
Julie wrote:
Oh, sure. Punish the animals through not donating because of what the employees have done. They haven't stolen from the agency itself!
I was thinking the same thing Julie.
How about if people brought cans and bags of food instead of money. If an employee chooses to eat it oh well..lol! At least the money isn't being stolen and hopefully the animals will get the food. Or even volunteer to walk the animals instead of donating money. Please do not refuse to donate to these poor creatures, they didn't ask to be in the situation that they are in.
Dog Lover

Syracuse, NY

#10 Dec 3, 2009
Julie wrote:
Oh, sure. Punish the animals through not donating because of what the employees have done. They haven't stolen from the agency itself!
And you know they haven't stolen for the Humane society? I think an investigation is needed.
Smart thing to do is donate food/ cleaning supplies/ and toys...that way they don't have cold hard cash that can easily be taken.
Dog Lover

Syracuse, NY

#11 Dec 3, 2009
Although all food , Science Diet is donated to the humane society by the woman who ownes Staffworks.
sad

Ithaca, NY

#12 Dec 3, 2009
Julie wrote:
Oh, sure. Punish the animals through not donating because of what the employees have done. They haven't stolen from the agency itself!
it cant be that unbelieveable that they would steal $ donated if they would steal from thier own family!That takes a special person to do something like that.yes, i agree to donate food, blankets or what ever the animals needs are but $ now i have a different outlook.
julie

Ithaca, NY

#13 Dec 3, 2009
It is very hard for any of the workers to steal funds; there are safe-guards in place.

Money is also needed above & beyond food, blankets, etc. just to pay the utilities & overhead. They CANNOT manage without it.
Dog Lover also

Syracuse, NY

#14 Dec 4, 2009
No safeguards...people come in and hand cold hard cash to these people.
The Director is also the bookkeeper. Can you say conflict of interest?
Deb Marshall where are you? The animals need you dearly, so does the donating public. Come back to the humane society!!!!
Citizen

Syracuse, NY

#15 Dec 4, 2009
This is not something to laugh at. If there are problems there someone should take a look at it. Everyone thought the Association for the Blind was being run correctly. They are under investigation. Seems like many of these non-profits have their workers making a profit.
Investigation or audit should be done regardless.
Terrible

Syracuse, NY

#16 Dec 4, 2009
If this is true, something must be done.
HAHAHA

Syracuse, NY

#17 Dec 4, 2009
check the illion topix...they are talking about Jennifer Major Denocola. Guess she is trash after all!!!
julie

Ithaca, NY

#18 Dec 4, 2009
SSHS does not receive funds from the county, state, etc., like other non-profits do. They rely solely on donations.

If the donations dry up, the agency will close. Then there will be no place for abused, neglected, abandoned or unwanted animals to go.

Would you rather see that happen???
dog lover

Syracuse, NY

#19 Dec 4, 2009
julie wrote:
SSHS does not receive funds from the county, state, etc., like other non-profits do. They rely solely on donations.
If the donations dry up, the agency will close. Then there will be no place for abused, neglected, abandoned or unwanted animals to go.
Would you rather see that happen???
\
No I want them to clean house from the criminals that work there!!!!
julie

Ithaca, NY

#20 Dec 4, 2009
Are you sure what that poster said is true? I don't believe it is.

Regardless, I wouldn't want to stop giving to them & then watch their eventual demise. Most donations are given in check/credit card form & there ARE safeguards in place. There's a series of checks & balances between administration & the board of directors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shame on Fire Chief Russell Brooks 19 min slapanut 19
Super Important For Utica 21 min The Postal Worker 4
Who lives at 121 B-------- --. W'boro? 23 min The Postal Worker 17
How Do You Feel About The Utica Fire Station Ch... 28 min emee 12
Utica restaurant named too 100 in the country 29 min Mesthead Becomes ... 16
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 40 min Day3 238
ND defeats Proctor! 1 hr Right On 29
Nativity scene at NHFD offensive 1 hr just the facts mam 27
What's the coward Parole Officers name? 2 hr POS Stucchi family 63
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:09 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:09PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
NBC Sports 9:10 PM
Lions claim Josh Thomas off waivers from the Jets
NBC Sports 3:03 AM
Rex Ryan blanches at the words he heard from Tom Brady
Bleacher Report 3:15 AM
Breaking Down Pats' Game Plan vs. Jets
NBC Sports 3:35 AM
C.J. Spiller's limited, but hoping to play Sunday
NBC Sports 4:01 AM
Bryan Bulaga "looks great" after Sunday's concussion
NBC Sports 4:19 AM
Thursday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 6:53 AM
Michael Vick has nearly paid off his bankruptcy debt
NBC Sports 8:09 AM
Antrel Rolle wants to play three more years with Giants
NBC Sports 9:14 AM
Case Keenum looks like the Texans' starter, by default