bipolar never fall in love with a bpo...
Goodman

Melbourne, Australia

#215 Aug 27, 2014
Been There wrote:
IT sounds to me like you are talking more about a personality disorder than Bi-Polar Disorder. Bi-Polar women can be perfectly normal and stable if they take their meds and take care of themselves. But the world is full of people (more women) who want drama for themselves and everyone else. They lie, manipulate, and constantly threaten to leave, kill themselves, etc. Sometimes they go so far as to cut themselves a little bit. They can't trust anyone. They love attention and will suck out all you can give until you are spent, then they will hate you forever, until you make them happy again. These are Borderline Personality Disorder, not Bi-Polar.
Borderline personality disorder is curable but statistically much lower chance of happening, I agree with your statements as events that do occur and have experienced it with an ex gfriend, however 2 keys points to remember, the classification of a disorder is simply that and diagnosis criteria is usually based on a minimum number of behaviours occurring at certain set regularities of intervals and is uniquely different in every single case and secondly this level of mental illness eases with age in a higher range of cases statiscally beyond the age of 40 y/o and yes you are correct in saying more often in woman. Just please understand this is not black and white. When you look at scitzophrenia and paranoid personality disorder which is much much worse then your talking a very low chance of recovery however not impossible and can still ease with time and correct treatment. I have a 60 year old aunty who has made an almost full recovery from full blown scitzophrenia which hospitalised her for 9 years believing the CIA were trying to assassinate her. She now lives on her own and has a part time job. Your facts are correct in certain context but your only of the assumption that things never get better and Stereotyping mental illness is simply incorrect. There a millions of different possibilities of behavioural occurances in each person as just like everyone else we are all uniquely different
ajv

Panama, Panama

#216 Aug 29, 2014
In reality more than "curable" is "controlable" the word that you are looking for. BP or BPD are not "curable" since the disorder will be always present, but if the patient keeps with the therapy he or she will be aware of the problems and will be more cautious about his or her own behavior.
Anna

Ashburn, VA

#217 Aug 30, 2014
My son's wife is bi-polar. She refuses to accept this &, therefore, will NOT take any meds. If she should get pregnant, what are the chances of any children getting this disease?
ajv

Panama, Panama

#218 Sep 1, 2014
Anna wrote:
My son's wife is bi-polar. She refuses to accept this &, therefore, will NOT take any meds. If she should get pregnant, what are the chances of any children getting this disease?
Very high. I think it's a 40% or so. However in children there is more chance to at least "control" the BD better than adults.
ajv

Panama, Panama

#219 Sep 9, 2014
Shes a Crazy Beeotch wrote:
Wait till u end up with one that refuses to hear she is bi-polar. So of course she won't take meds. She's obsessive compulsive. Yells at me and the kids. Is controlling. If she doesn't get her way she likes to throw and break things. She's ruined family relationships. She lies. But to look @ her she looks sweet & innocent.
You got it...been there, saw that. Except for the obsessive compulsive since I dropped out with just being "friends with benefits" since she was sweet and stuff I wanted a real relationship but sometimes what you want ain't what you need...thank God I learned my lesson before getting into deep.
ajv

Panama, Panama

#220 Sep 24, 2014
skewed logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Try addressing their complaints. It's ok for them to get upset etc. But the minute you point out their flaws they think their immune from criticism and you have now wronged them.
So true...
Albanyrickster

Queensbury, NY

#221 Sep 24, 2014
When she told me that she was bi, I didn't know she meant bi-polar
ajv

Panama, Panama

#222 Sep 25, 2014
Man...mine now is like a Kabbalah tutor or something, she resigned to her amazing job as a child psychologist to do "life coaching" when it's so clear she doesn't have a plan how to earn the same amount of money as she did before. And the excuse? She didn't want to get up early to work.. I received the first "life coaching from hell" when I witnessed the "episode", crazy "Exorcist" type of behavior I explained earlier. I got a book she lend me and I'm still figuring out how to return that to her. It just give me the creeps she is on her "days" .

Any advices: leave the damn thing and run?
Once Bitten Twice Shy

New York Mills, NY

#223 Sep 25, 2014
I have one who I love dearly but can't take her out or be around her cause she snaps if she doesn't get her way. I'm pretty sure she knows she is as I've pointed it out many times when trying to make a point. But I believe she refuses to get help because it could hurt her custody situation. My friends tell me to run and that she's a spoiled brat. I agree but have intense and sometimes overwhelming feelings for her that keep bringing me back. It's all pretty confusing. I don't know how to make any head way. I realize being with her could be a life of punishment but I try to see the greater good in her. Any thoughts?
UR Fool

Westwood, MA

#224 Sep 26, 2014
ajv wrote:
Man...mine now is like a Kabbalah tutor or something, she resigned to her amazing job as a child psychologist to do "life coaching" when it's so clear she doesn't have a plan how to earn the same amount of money as she did before. And the excuse? She didn't want to get up early to work.. I received the first "life coaching from hell" when I witnessed the "episode", crazy "Exorcist" type of behavior I explained earlier. I got a book she lend me and I'm still figuring out how to return that to her. It just give me the creeps she is on her "days" .
Any advices: leave the damn thing and run?
Dude you got to let go. Return her book ? Throw it in the garbage.
ajv

Panama, Panama

#225 Sep 26, 2014
Once Bitten Twice Shy wrote:
I have one who I love dearly but can't take her out or be around her cause she snaps if she doesn't get her way. I'm pretty sure she knows she is as I've pointed it out many times when trying to make a point. But I believe she refuses to get help because it could hurt her custody situation. My friends tell me to run and that she's a spoiled brat. I agree but have intense and sometimes overwhelming feelings for her that keep bringing me back. It's all pretty confusing. I don't know how to make any head way. I realize being with her could be a life of punishment but I try to see the greater good in her. Any thoughts?
Buddy, I will give you the same advice they are giving me: LET GO!!!

Believe me, been there...done that. Mine didn't snap in public, except when I told her about her condition (yes, it was my mistake, but all signs point to that!) and she got angry and left a coffee shop.

If she doesn't want to listen...it's her fault.
ajv

Panama, Panama

#226 Sep 27, 2014
UR Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you got to let go. Return her book ? Throw it in the garbage.
Most likely I will drop it at her mother's house...she's somewhat crazy as well, but only with her family.
Beautifully Bipolar

United States

#228 Oct 11, 2014
Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>Harmless? Okay, let one of these unhealable broken wings wake you up with ranting from the other room about nothing to do with you , decide YOU need to wake up to handle her drama and in a full run from down the hallway into your room jumping from the doorway 7 feet onto your chest and demolishing a K-Size waterbed like a split swimming pool all at once.
Gooooood morning Vietnam!!
Those are for the birds.
I am bipolar and I take full responsibility of my disorder and actions. I might not be able to control my moods, but I most certainly can control MY actions. Also, meds help tremendously along w therapy. Stigma's are unfair.:¬()
ajv

Panama, Panama

#229 Oct 11, 2014
Beautifully Bipolar wrote:
<quoted text>
I am bipolar and I take full responsibility of my disorder and actions. I might not be able to control my moods, but I most certainly can control MY actions. Also, meds help tremendously along w therapy. Stigma's are unfair.:¬()
If you are on treatment...well...that's another thing...when you are not...that's when the horror begins.
ajv

Panama, Panama

#230 Oct 13, 2014
Well, I must say, this roller coaster ride...just got to an end, I returned the damn book and that's it. Cuts like a knife...but it feels alright! I will pray for her, that's the least I can do. In the end it was a wild and somewhat strange, funny ride...
Be a man

Orange, NJ

#231 Oct 13, 2014
Fck that Cnut.
ajv

Panama, Panama

#232 Oct 14, 2014
Be a man wrote:
Fck that Cnut.
I think this whole incident, gave me a new perspective on how to treat people and when to walk away.
hunterjuly

Chicago, IL

#233 Oct 21, 2014
Bada bing wrote:
They are all nuts... But bipolar is a whole new meaning!!!
I will never have this problem, because they don't exist. Just more mud slinging, cry baby OLD MOLDY posts on the stupid bipolar forum ..most of these posts are really OLD, I wonder if they found out by now that BP doesn,'t exist?
ajv

Panama, Panama

#234 Oct 22, 2014
hunterjuly wrote:
<quoted text>
I will never have this problem, because they don't exist. Just more mud slinging, cry baby OLD MOLDY posts on the stupid bipolar forum ..most of these posts are really OLD, I wonder if they found out by now that BP doesn,'t exist?
Some "doctors" say "stress" doesn't exist. Who knew?

For me this "stupid forum" was the only way to express my concerns. It's good to not feel like the only one above earth who doesn't understand this "illness".
hunterjuly

Chicago, IL

#235 Oct 24, 2014
ajv wrote:
<quoted text>
Some "doctors" say "stress" doesn't exist. Who knew?
For me this "stupid forum" was the only way to express my concerns. It's good to not feel like the only one above earth who doesn't understand this "illness".
I don't understand it because it does not exist. It's like big foot, or tarots cards.There is no proof of it. I'm just tired of the school shootings, children being drugged, pharmaceutical rip offs, suicides, etc.It comes right from psychiatry. If you have any real proof that bipolar is real, show it to me. An article or something, because I sure posted a lot of articles that say bipolar is not real.I have found more articles against it, than say that bipolar exists. I think it's safe to say by now bipolar is bull or atleast I can say it's bull just in case it doesn't exist. What if bipolar isn't real? What if it's not true? What if all these people who say bipolar is a lie are right? Are you going to die or something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 12 min Pissed off 44
All lives matter March this Saturday July 30th 47 min Democraps 4
extreme auto sales junk cars see mob boss behin... 49 min frankfort 1
Utica's Auto Shops: Which Ones We Can Trust, Wh... (Mar '13) 56 min frob 20
CNY Corruption 1 hr Asseater Dumbablo... 17
Zalivodroga to spend 1 year in Madison County j... 1 hr danny 3
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 1 hr SlobSmith 49
WHICH Assistant DA RESIGNIED over Utica Court W... 1 hr Cretin Handjob Fair 21

Utica Jobs

More from around the web