DFAS is leaving Rome NY

DFAS is leaving Rome NY

Posted in the Utica Forum

Sam

Greig, NY

#1 Mar 14, 2014
DFAS Rome employees believe the implementation of the Ft. Bragg hub is going to have a negative impact on the 941 workers currently employed. The employees are already experiencing a substantial decrease in work despite the Hub and Spoke Construct.
Oinker

Troy, NY

#2 Mar 14, 2014
Less government spending is better government spending. This is good.
Truth Hurts Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#3 Mar 14, 2014
Oinker wrote:
100% agree.
oxycontin limbaugh

Whitesboro, NY

#4 Mar 14, 2014
Oinker wrote:
Hey touchhole, tell that to the people who will lose their jobs. Keep listening to the asshats on fox.
the truth

Ashburn, VA

#6 Mar 14, 2014
DFAS has three years. Therefore in 2017, all jobs will be gone. They will be consolidated in fort Bragg. Why can't the politicians get a long term commitment for DFAS?
Sam

Greig, NY

#7 Mar 14, 2014
the truth wrote:
DFAS has three years. Therefore in 2017, all jobs will be gone. They will be consolidated in fort Bragg. Why can't the politicians get a long term commitment for DFAS?
Our local politicians do not care
Sad Area

Clinton, NY

#8 Mar 14, 2014
To be followed by AFRL, Remington, ConMed, Aviation business at Griffiss and any dream of a fully functioning chip plant.

We have no clout in this area. Keep electing same old same old and this is what you get.

When is this going to end?
Disgusting Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Mar 14, 2014
oxycontin limbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>Hey touchhole, tell that to the people who will lose their jobs. Keep listening to the asshats on fox.
Time to find a productive job then. Not a handout job. Sorry, it's the truth.
plane nut

Gouverneur, NY

#10 Mar 15, 2014
I work for one of the aviation companies and make good money. It is sad the may move out of here and go to Florida. My boss is good to his employees. There is going to be nothing left up there in Rome if the politicians keep it up.I am glad I will be retiring soon but I worry about all of the others who will be let go or they have to move down south if they want a good job.
Taxpayer

Ithaca, NY

#11 Mar 15, 2014
Sad Area wrote:
To be followed by AFRL, Remington, ConMed, Aviation business at Griffiss and any dream of a fully functioning chip plant.
We have no clout in this area. Keep electing same old same old and this is what you get.
When is this going to end?
Very true. Voters keep electing the same people who have sat there and watched the local economy and population base decline. Seniors and government employees love things the way they are. They could care less about the future.
Mike

Whitesboro, NY

#12 Mar 15, 2014
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Our local politicians do not care
No they don't. Both parties are in bed with each other to divvy up the spoils. How else can u explain an azswipe like Picente being elected c.e. The dems won't run anyone with half a brain against him. The elections are rigged right from the get go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NYS Police working hard to ruin Saranac Thursday 9 min solar eclipse 21
Trump Blinded By Eclipse 15 min solar eclipse 11
Kennedy Plaza Apartments 18 min Fly 2
Not All Nazis Are Bad 25 min Gallen47 94
High School football in trouble 30 min Traumatic brain 18
Mike Nichols Child Molester 30 min Where 5
Kennedy plaza (Jul '15) 38 min Gallen47 7
No Downtown hospital 1 hr Question 150
venice pizza 1 hr edwardo 16
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 1 hr Dave 126