DPW out salting and plowing,,This is news worthy?

Posted in the Utica Forum

rover

Utica, NY

#1 Jan 29, 2013
No shit, isn't that there job? Why does it make headlines on news? Maybe if it was July it would be news but being January in Utica its called winter. Its there job. Do we have to announce it? Too funny. Flash, DPW picking up leaves this fall. Flash, Parks mowing grass this summer. I just dont get it.
MR NORTH UTICA

United States

#2 Jan 29, 2013
It's Utica,New York..... LOL
worm bait benny

Utica, NY

#3 Jan 29, 2013
breaking news Dave Short donates jar of table salt from his home to combat the shortage at the dpw.Tune in to the syracuse news for more laughs about this sorry city.Mayor announces war on table salt in city residences,promises to confiscate all violaters
jimmy dean sausage

Utica, NY

#4 Jan 29, 2013
One thing you guys forget, in a month they will be crying how broke they are again and need the public's help for something in this city they call utica if they just stop giving themselves raises the city would survive. oh ya i forget they want to put parking meter's back in downtown to hurt the people more when they forget to put a nickle in the meter they will give you a $30 dollar ticket. good job Mayor you deserve that title.
2 for me 1 for u

Avon, CT

#5 Jan 29, 2013
jimmy dean sausage wrote:
One thing you guys forget, in a month they will be crying how broke they are again and need the public's help for something in this city they call utica if they just stop giving themselves raises the city would survive. oh ya i forget they want to put parking meter's back in downtown to hurt the people more when they forget to put a nickle in the meter they will give you a $30 dollar ticket. good job Mayor you deserve that title.
don't forget somebody will skim those nickels as there will be no internal control and it will be years before they are caught. The thing with the road salt is that operators are most likely using it excessively to make their boss look bad bc that's how we operate in this town.
speak out

Utica, NY

#6 Jan 29, 2013
the leaders and the police talk about safety and police safety but they dont want to salt all streets only main roads...
nope

West Hartford, CT

#7 Jan 29, 2013
No one gets off on useing more salt its monitored. If the tax wasnt so low last year we wouldnt be in this mess this year should of went with the 19 percent. Dpw hasnt had a rasie in over 6 years. For tax payers uh ou think you would know whats going on with your money. Enjoy a city with 3 firemen 1 cop and a mayor. Than cry
hank hill

Baltimore, MD

#8 Jan 29, 2013
rover wrote:
No shit, isn't that there job? Why does it make headlines on news? Maybe if it was July it would be news but being January in Utica its called winter. Its there job. Do we have to announce it? Too funny. Flash, DPW picking up leaves this fall. Flash, Parks mowing grass this summer. I just dont get it.
what else is going on in the city that they can kill time with? Or...maybe they're highlighting the few ppl who have jobs. Who knows?
speak out

Utica, NY

#9 Jan 29, 2013
nope wrote:
No one gets off on useing more salt its monitored. If the tax wasnt so low last year we wouldnt be in this mess this year should of went with the 19 percent. Dpw hasnt had a rasie in over 6 years. For tax payers uh ou think you would know whats going on with your money. Enjoy a city with 3 firemen 1 cop and a mayor. Than cry
they are lucky to have a job
nope

West Hartford, CT

#10 Jan 29, 2013
Lol pretty soon no one in utica will have jobs. I agree who cares about a raise aslong as you still have a job but people run there mouth saying raises no one got raises. People bitch when they work and bitch when they don't that's the problem with this city so much negativeity
Thanks

Utica, NY

#11 Jan 30, 2013
The newsworthy part is that thye had a big surplus of salt from last year and are crying that they are low on slat now. Doesn't make much sense/
speak out

Utica, NY

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Thanks wrote:
The newsworthy part is that thye had a big surplus of salt from last year and are crying that they are low on slat now. Doesn't make much sense/
they didnt buy the normal load that they do every year the amount that saved the only bought the extra amount needed to cap the years past amount

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uticans Say This A lot 4 min Clifton Park 6
Teachers Make More Money Than Lawyers In Utica? (Mar '13) 27 min truth 105
SUNY Tech building Ice Arena for their Hockey T... (Jan '13) 45 min Wildcat Booster 59
NOTRE DAME HIGH undefeated so far 46 min wake up 35
Teachers have Cadilac Pensions? (Jan '13) 48 min Bob 296
Owner of Swiftys David Wood gets another DWI 52 min mod 6
NH Superintendent gets a bonus? 1 hr New Hartford Powe... 8
yanadasis closes club house 2 hr New Hartford Powe... 26
Westmoreland Rd Elementary School Whitesboro - ... 3 hr dah 65
Koguts suing SUNY Brockport 3 hr knowing 21
NH new AD, you blew it already. 4 hr dickslap 13
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters