|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

FF forever wrote:
I think they should start with your pension coward.CUMAKAZELL
Your a jerk off ,you wait no loss of UFD ........BIG BIG retirements.. BIG holiday pay,.... BIG paychecks
HOW SWEET IT IS
FF forever, what a joke, keep it up and maybe your chief will give you a atta boy, you suckhole. NOw go get the jergens hand lotion out and stroke it some more, maybe someone will call you hero, you are pathetic you glorified janitor.
landlord

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

saw this a couple of days ago on the 1300 block of brinkerhoff. amublance and fire truck answer call, put patient into back of ambulance with at least 3 fireman in back with the patient. with one driver, they leave for the hospital. 2 firemen get into fire engine and leave. i am thinking why do they need additional firemen in the ambulance and that they must be steeping over one another to care for the patient.aproxitmaley 15 min later i am headin gup burrstone road towards st. lukes and her comes the fire engine heading down burrstone away from hospital, same engine that responded from brinkerhoff, dont know.but if it was what a waste of gas . why did the fire engine have to go up to st lukes,? and why so many firemen into the ambulance?
one who knows

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is not just pay and pensions, It is welfare, food stamps,WIC, HEAP, Free cell phones,free computers, and internet, and every other free hand outs, Lets cut them by 50% and see what happens,
The only problem with this idea is that many of these programs are FEDERALLY FUNDED - TELL oBAMA to cut and see how far that will get you.
kamakazell

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

landlord wrote:
saw this a couple of days ago on the 1300 block of brinkerhoff. amublance and fire truck answer call, put patient into back of ambulance with at least 3 fireman in back with the patient. with one driver, they leave for the hospital. 2 firemen get into fire engine and leave. i am thinking why do they need additional firemen in the ambulance and that they must be steeping over one another to care for the patient.aproxitmaley 15 min later i am headin gup burrstone road towards st. lukes and her comes the fire engine heading down burrstone away from hospital, same engine that responded from brinkerhoff, dont know.but if it was what a waste of gas . why did the fire engine have to go up to st lukes,? and why so many firemen into the ambulance?
That is how Brooks builds his calls for the year, the mayor and council should have put a stop to this long ago. If you took the medical calls away from the fire rigs there calls would be 1/3 of what they say they are.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

kamakazell wrote:
<quoted text>There is no need to hate firefighter, we just need to weed out the non resident blood suckers who think the world owes them a living. All Police and Firefighters should have to live in Utica. The problem is that they think because they live in the suburbs it makes them eager to criticize the people of this city who pay their salaries. I witnessed it for 20 years, Utica Taxpayers afforded me a living and I will always be greatful to them. The non residents firefighters and cops should thank their stars that they have a job with great pay and benefits, I just wish we could weed out the non resident cops and firefighters and hire city residents.
Pretty soon you will have a firehouse full of cornhillians... That would be cool,Utica will have pimped out firetrucks,maybe they will win a few first place trophies in the parade circuit... On a serious note,maybe they should look into contracting with the surrounding volunteers for protection if they need to downsize.Not the whole city,but some sections,

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

landlord wrote:
Get a scanner and listen to how many calls there actually are. You have no clue as to the nature of that call,so how can you comment on what you know nothing about?
Rural metro

Millbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

landlord wrote:
a full arrest should require at least 3 ppl to do effectively-one for bagging, one for compressions and one person doing ALS. Pretty sure the patient isn't going to bitch about "having too many guys" in the rig if they survive.
ron

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Trim the budget? Are you crazy??

Each cop is going to cost the city around a million dollars, right? They retire at half pay after 20 years. Retire at 38 and live 37 more years (life expectancy of 75). Get $30,000 a year -- with no COLA increases -- that's $1.1 million PER COP.

We have, what, 140 officers. I don't know; I thought I saw that somewhere. So that's $155 million for the cops we have TODAY. Doesn't count officers already retired or their surviving spouses; it doesn't cover the more relatives, I mean officers, we'll hire in the future; doesn't cover officers and administrators who earn more than $60k per year, like lieutenants, captains, deputy chiefs, and chiefs.

So you have a seriously multi-million dollar force. Is Utica seeing a great return on that investment? Is Utica a safe city, with low crime, few car break-ins, few burglaries, few rapes? Are the streets safe to walk at night? Are the speed, traffic light, stop sign, and noise level laws being enforced? No speeding on the Arterial? No unsafe driving there or on the Parkway or on Genesee Street? Are you seeing people driving around while on their cell phones? People pushing illegal grocery carts around in city streets?(Illegal in NY:$100 fine.) No drug crime? A healthy, safe inner city? Are property values being maintained, or are they increasing, as property values are supposed to? Are there lots of patrols? Do you see officers out and about on patrol a lot? Do most citizens have good relations with the police? Do they trust and respect officers? Do UPD officers trust and respect citizens? Do they Serve and Protect everyone?

Today's force WILL cost you millions over the next several decades; hope you're getting your money's worth!

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Rural metro wrote:
<quoted text> a full arrest should require at least 3 ppl to do effectively-one for bagging, one for compressions and one person doing ALS. Pretty sure the patient isn't going to bitch about "having too many guys" in the rig if they survive.
Landlord has no clue... I served 10 years in a fire dept. I have a clue or two,so I told him to listen and learn. People are so goddamn quick to bitch,and then turn out to be stupid. Typical topix...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Oneida County was issued at July 28 at 11:12AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000