Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

According to multiple reports, it appears as though Remington Outdoor Company is expected to announce an expansion near Huntsville Alabama on Monday.

Remington, which currently employs nearly 1,200 workers at its Arms Plant in Ilion, has not confirmed these plans yet, however, multiple published reports from the Huntsville region are reporting that an announcement is imminent.

According to those reports, the expansion, which would bring 2,000 new jobs to its new plant, may cause a slight reduction in its workforce here in Central New York. However, conflicting reports are also stating that the Ilion plant would not be affected by the expansion at all.

Huntsville and Alabama state officials have not confirmed whether or not Remington is, in fact, a part of their plans for an announcement on Monday, but it has been reported that Alabama Governor Robert Bentley stated that a "big announcement" is set to take place.
Former Utican

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••