Golfers- where do you play and why
ADK

Springfield, NJ

#25 Jul 23, 2014
Gaggy wrote:
Let's keep this going? Why don't local golfers golf Newport?
Because the owner is an a$$.
ADK

Springfield, NJ

#26 Jul 23, 2014
Barker brook is great.

Since: May 14

Ilion

#27 Jul 23, 2014
ADK wrote:
<quoted text>Because the owner is an a$$.
Hehe, him or her?
SoSo

Utica, NY

#28 Jul 23, 2014
The golfers are golfing where else do you think they are! They spend every minute of their day on the golf course and aren't sitting at the computer reading topix and answering questions! LOL
t POLITIX

Utica, NY

#29 Jul 23, 2014
SoSo wrote:
The golfers are golfing where else do you think they are! They spend every minute of their day on the golf course and aren't sitting at the computer reading topix and answering questions! LOL
t POLITIX LIKE'S your POST !!!

Ilion

#30 Jul 23, 2014
SoSo wrote:
Funny, I was hoping maybe after golf like me

Ilion

#31 Jul 23, 2014
ADK wrote:
Barker brook is great.
I like the back nine at barker brook a lot. The front is so so. I usually play it a couple times each year. It's always in great shape but It's also quite a drive from Utica.
newport what

Albany, NY

#32 Jul 23, 2014
Gaggy wrote:
Where are the golfers? I'll ask again, why don't more people golf Newport?
are you from there or something?

Ilion

#33 Jul 24, 2014
newport what wrote:
<quoted text>are you from there or something?
I've been a member there for 17 a long time and think it's the best public course around. I live 20 minutes away and think nothing of the ride. I was wondering why more golfers don't go there, why there's not as much play as there is at other courses. What would they need to do to attract more golfers?

Ilion

#34 Jul 24, 2014
The way it is wrote:
<quoted text>I don't golf in Newport more often because it's a bit of a hassle to get to and there are plenty of other courses that I consider just as nice and closer to me.
That's a good answer, thanks
ADK

Herkimer, NY

#35 Jul 24, 2014
Gaggy wrote:
<quoted text>Hehe, him or her?
Her of course.
Sam Rothstein

Oneida, NY

#36 Jul 24, 2014
What about that course by Oneida County Airport, Shamrock ?
the cleaner

Ardsley, NY

#37 Jul 24, 2014
Back nine at shamrock is always to wet ok
played em all

Utica, NY

#38 Jul 24, 2014
I think for the money and value Pine Hills and Barker Brook are the top two in the area. They are both a bit of a drive outside the city though. Skenandoah in Clinton is private but very reasonable to join. And, yes, Valley View is one of the best municipal golf courses in the country...unfortunately the experience is sometimes ruined by some of the Guinea clientele who are convinced it's a private club and they are members.
Wally

Potsdam, NY

#39 Jul 24, 2014
played em all wrote:
I think for the money and value Pine Hills and Barker Brook are the top two in the area. They are both a bit of a drive outside the city though. Skenandoah in Clinton is private but very reasonable to join. And, yes, Valley View is one of the best municipal golf courses in the country...unfortunately the experience is sometimes ruined by some of the Guinea clientele who are convinced it's a private club and they are members.
It's true!
Pistol Packin Mama

Albany, NY

#40 Jul 24, 2014
I know you Wally and u are still a pipsqueak
uticas finest golfer

Whitesboro, NY

#42 Jul 25, 2014
I shot a 73 at Valley View on Wednesday. I am awesome at golf. The best in the area. And I don't think any of you could beat me.
amen

Utica, NY

#43 Jul 25, 2014
played em all wrote:
Amen my friend...There are educated, polite, Italian-Americans...but I'm talking loud, obnoxious, guinea baby gorillas there too stupid to know it's a public course. Great course though...I like Westmoreland too.

Ilion

#44 Jul 25, 2014
amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amen my friend...There are educated, polite, Italian-Americans...but I'm talking loud, obnoxious, guinea baby gorillas there too stupid to know it's a public course. Great course though...I like Westmoreland too.
I heard westmoreland is a gem, gona hafta play it

Ilion

#45 Jul 25, 2014
uticas finest golfer wrote:
I shot a 73 at Valley View on Wednesday. I am awesome at golf. The best in the area. And I don't think any of you could beat me.
What did you shoot on the back nine?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the scummiest thing you saw in a restaurant 1 hr LickPinkStink 11
Chuck Schumer abuser ? 2 hr LickPinkStink 7
Puerto rico get off your butts 2 hr Truth hurts 84
Emmaus House Not paying Their Employees 2 hr LickPinkStink 3
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 3 hr Truth hurts 93
Elaine Bonanza 3 hr Nopun 33
My Drive Through Utica 3 hr Truth 4
Utica Teachers that Cheat #10 6 hr Ha Ha 28
Twin Ponds shoot em up 12 hr Jay Z 44
One Term Tenney 15 hr Moochers delight 98