Golfers- where do you play and why

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
new to area

Conklin, NY

#1 Jul 22, 2014
I'm relatively new to the area. I was a member at Maline golf club for the past 7 years and recently moved to Deerfield. I would like to join a club next year and would like to get feedback from you golfers. Where's the best public course? Why? Which ones don't you like? I played Crestwood, Hidden Valley, Domenicos and Pine Hills so far. I can't afford the Yahnundasis so I need to stay public. So, what's up?
big shots

Cambridge, MA

#2 Jul 22, 2014
yahnundasis is bankrupt anyways
new in town

Conklin, NY

#4 Jul 22, 2014
ricky fowler wrote:
Try Sadaquada.
Private, I'd like to find someplace close to the kind of club Malone is. Wide fairways (lol), long big fast greens. Been disappointed so far.
pga

Albany, NY

#6 Jul 22, 2014
Come to crestwood there many groups to play with and a membership with cart is very well priced.
new in town

Conklin, NY

#7 Jul 22, 2014
pga wrote:
Come to crestwood there many groups to play with and a membership with cart is very well priced.
Crestwood was the best I've played so far. I played Turin and loved it but it's too far to drive. I'm playing Newport Saturday and I was told it has big fairways and greens, kinda what I'm used to

Since: May 14

Ilion

#8 Jul 22, 2014
I wanna know why people don't play Newport more. It's a great golf course and there's hardly anybody playing it. What's up with that?

Ilion

#10 Jul 22, 2014
It's difficult to follow this with all the JOWL and Bobby O gibberish. Let's get some feedback from the golfers
Play lots of golf

Tonawanda, NY

#12 Jul 22, 2014
new to area wrote:
I'm relatively new to the area. I was a member at Maline golf club for the past 7 years and recently moved to Deerfield. I would like to join a club next year and would like to get feedback from you golfers. Where's the best public course? Why? Which ones don't you like? I played Crestwood, Hidden Valley, Domenicos and Pine Hills so far. I can't afford the Yahnundasis so I need to stay public. So, what's up?
For a public course in the area you mentioned, Newport is the best course and best value.
Pretty sure you will find it a great layout and in very good condition. I live over an hour away and play there 5-6 times a year.

Ilion

#13 Jul 22, 2014
Bobby O Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>Robert t oliveira loves golf. He has a private course in the backyard of his vacation property on mary street in utica.
You mean he has a pocket golf course in his backyard, right?
Pistol Packin Mama

Albany, NY

#14 Jul 22, 2014
Oliveria don't play golf, but he's a champion at pocket pool. Hear tell he's a grand national champ at twirling the nads.

Ilion

#15 Jul 22, 2014
Play lots of golf wrote:
<quoted text>For a public course in the area you mentioned, Newport is the best course and best value.
Pretty sure you will find it a great layout and in very good condition. I live over an hour away and play there 5-6 times a year.
I agree with you, Play. Have you played it this year?
Whold timer

Ithaca, NY

#16 Jul 22, 2014
Valley View one of the best municipal courses in the country. Try it you won't be sorry

Ilion

#17 Jul 22, 2014
Whold timer wrote:
Valley View one of the best municipal courses in the country. Try it you won't be sorry
Valley View was in good condition for the City Am but there is clover growing all over the golf course.

Ilion

#18 Jul 23, 2014
Let's keep this going? Why don't local golfers golf Newport?
Golfer

Rome, NY

#19 Jul 23, 2014
new to area wrote:
Play the course in Newport ....Very nice course and closer to you.. go up rt 8 and turn right on Steuben rd by the town highway dept. and you'll find it down the road a bit....
new in town

Syracuse, NY

#20 Jul 23, 2014
Golfer wrote:
<quoted text>Play the course in Newport ....Very nice course and closer to you.. go up rt 8 and turn right on Steuben rd by the town highway dept. and you'll find it down the road a bit....
Drove up last night it looks really nice

Ilion

#21 Jul 23, 2014
Where are the golfers? I'll ask again, why don't more people golf Newport?
The way it is

Potsdam, NY

#22 Jul 23, 2014
Gaggy wrote:
Where are the golfers? I'll ask again, why don't more people golf Newport?
I don't golf in Newport more often because it's a bit of a hassle to get to and there are plenty of other courses that I consider just as nice and closer to me.
old timer

Ithaca, NY

#23 Jul 23, 2014
probably because of its location. It is quite a ride from Utica I do agree it is a beautiful course unless you try to play from the black tees and then it is a bear.

Ilion

#24 Jul 23, 2014
old timer wrote:
probably because of its location. It is quite a ride from Utica I do agree it is a beautiful course unless you try to play from the black tees and then it is a bear.
You know it's funny, a lot of people say it's so far away. I left Conkling avenue in Utica and drove in the Newport parking lot in 19 minutes. It's not that far but I get it. As far as the black tees, we play three events each year from them. It is a bear

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 11 min SlobSmith 21
Slice Pizza nd Tucker 14 min booger pie 1
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 21 min junk 22
Hillary wrong choice! 48 min dummypants 4
Tony pizza 1 hr Whitesboro St 5
News Photos released of man, woman wanted in connect... 1 hr Scumbags 1
a good paving company (Jun '09) 1 hr Jessie4harrison 20
Why was Louis Brindisi charged with harassment ... 11 hr DA Going Down 10
List of OC Pistol Permit holders now online! 12 hr SlobSmith 13

Utica Jobs