Sir Lee

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

It is a shabby building. I am not inspired.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Boilermaker too wrote:
No matter what the Utica Observer Cupcake Recipe Dispatch and WKTV tell you, the Utica Memorial Auditorium was not in any way an "inspiration" for Madison Square Garden. There are numerous examples of suspension-ceiling auditoriums predating the "Utica Aud" by decades.
If anything, the Aud itself was ripped off from another auditorium in S.C. with a minor "engineering tweak" as a dampener because Utica was too cheap to fly the ceilings as in the prior, predated and still existing examples. Flying the ceilings, or in fact changing the mode from a circle at all has the same effect. Architect Lev Zetlin simply added a rounding strut to the old bicycle-wheel design and called it a "Zenith". Ding Utica again, for claiming they invented bicycle-wheel roofs. What next losers? The wheel? I'm sure the people
Even the ASCE articles note this design was predated. But the Utican's regularly beat this dead horse for all it's worth... which is BTW????? It's not like a "Utican thought it up" which seems to be where they're always going with these "Utica's Claims of Glory and Praise" etc.
From the ASCE and written by a trusted and well known Civil Engineer: "completed in 1953. Now known as Dorton Arena, it was the first cable suspended roof and employed a hyperbolic paraboloid "saddle" system"
Now why, despite prior examples of these buildings, do the obsessive Utican lemmings keep perpetuating their, at best minor 'claim to fame'?
As usual, and like their old tales of "All the Utica traffic lights being computerized in the 1950s!!".... things don't add up.
And honestly... you retarded fcking zero hype-chasing morons... Who really cares beyond Utica?
From ASCE:

"The roof system of this building, designed by Lev Zetlin and opened in 1960, was the first of its kind in the world. Before the mid-1950's, the use of long-span cable structures was generally limited to suspension bridges."

http://www.asce.org/People-and-Projects/Proje...
Boilermaker too

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

The building is terrible, my mother said when she giving it away in the back the stench doesn't rise and the sound of a sloppy gaping cave emits all though the place.
Fan

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

Dude...you need a hobby!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

135 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 45 min Alex Carbone 5,444
Potholes All Gone 51 min Alex Carbone 7
Utica Comets Future 53 min Yes it is 47
Changes at WKTV with new owner? 54 min Facebook 196
Hey 1 hr Jim 2
The Truth about Andy Brindisi's Car Wreck 1 hr wow 36
20 BILLION Nano Classroom 1 hr Dissociative Disorder 7
Panera's has a serious problem 1 hr Mort Sahl 28
Official: Goodbye Comets 2 hr Dissociative Disorder 74