Bullet proof vest illegal. Why

Bullet proof vest illegal. Why

Posted in the Utica Forum

Curious

New Hartford, NY

#1 Jun 12, 2011
Why is it that these vest are illegal to have? As a citizen I can't feel safe but its okay for a cop which I do understand. I just never understood the reasoning for this.
DRN
Level 6

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Jun 12, 2011
1. If we don't have the vests, we are unsafe and cops have job security.

2. If we do have the vests, cops have to shoot better.
robbery

Herkimer, NY

#3 Jun 12, 2011
Did anyone see the bank robbery where the robbers all had body armor on--thats probably why.
4th Amendment

Utica, NY

#4 Jun 12, 2011
They are only illegal if used in the commission of a crime. Anyone can buy one

Pineapples10
Level 3

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 12, 2011
It's not illegal to possess one, just a major charge if you use one in commission of a crime.
Curious

New Hartford, NY

#6 Jun 12, 2011
There was a young lady arrested the other day with 2 ounces of cocaine and they made sure to mention that she was also charged with possessing a loaded handgun and bulletproof vest.
Bob Vila

Herkimer, NY

#7 Jun 13, 2011
so wearing the vest while sniffing/selling the cocaine must make the vest illegal then?
DIANA VICKERY

Pennellville, NY

#8 Jun 13, 2011
You can own a gun but if you shot someone then its illegal. I think.......ok ok its all legal as long as you don't get caught.
concerned babymama

Teaneck, NJ

#9 Dec 20, 2011
Bob yes it is a crime to get caught with drugs n have a bullet proof vest. my baby daddys house was raided almost a week ago now n they found a bullet proof vest in the basement and they r tryin to charge him with it. my question is how much time can they give him for this?
X COP

Cicero, NY

#10 Dec 20, 2011
Long as it takes baby daddys to get out of the vest
West

Frisco, TX

#11 Dec 20, 2011
It should be requrired by law to own and wear one if you live in West Utica (the law sould be named Vest Utica Law)!

And Corn Hill!

It is legal to own and wear one but not during comission of crime.
Level 3A

Montgomery, AL

#12 Dec 20, 2011
Heywood Jablowme

United States

#13 Dec 20, 2011
West wrote:
It should be requrired by law to own and wear one if you live in West Utica (the law sould be named Vest Utica Law)!
And Corn Hill!
It is legal to own and wear one but not during comission of crime.
You act like crime in Utica is bad, you mind your business and stay out of other people's and your fine, in a BIG city, even THAT isn't necessarily gonna keep you safe. There's like, at most ten murders a year
HeyJablowme

Frisco, TX

#14 Dec 20, 2011
Heywood Jablowme wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like crime in Utica is bad, you mind your business and stay out of other people's and your fine, in a BIG city, even THAT isn't necessarily gonna keep you safe. There's like, at most ten murders a year
Then do just that. Mind your own business.
Chung Ki Phat Boi

Rochester, NY

#15 Dec 20, 2011
I believe it is ilegal to own or posses a bullet proof vest in NY if you have drugs or Drug Paraphernalia on your person, car or home.
Or if you are a convicted felon.
You might also receive a stronger sentencing if wearing body armour/vest during commission of a violent crime.
Plus there might be different rules applying to regular civilian/ballistic vests vs those for L.E. and Military use/personnel.

I think hunters should wear BF Vests when out in the field, might cut down on accidental hunter deaths.
Level 3A

Montgomery, AL

#16 Dec 20, 2011
Chung Ki Phat Boi wrote:
I think hunters should wear BF Vests when out in the field, might cut down on accidental hunter deaths.
Only during shotgun season...
Heywood Jablowme

United States

#17 Dec 20, 2011
HeyJablowme wrote:
<quoted text>Then do just that. Mind your own business.
I do mind my own business..but you are a tool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where can a lady find a good mechanic 3 min well 5
Utica Police investigate homicide on Kirkland A... 16 min Lights Out Shootica 1
Utica Negro Population Future 20 min Lights Out Shootica 3
SNAP ANOTHER HOMICIDE in UTICA 32 min UnAttended 6
The U P D cover-up 48 min Uticas finest 22
mark mega nomics flagg 1 hr Mega Love 15
why are trumpsters all failures 1 hr Trump is gangsta 54
Claudia chickens out 1 hr Reality 23
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 3 hr Save your money 874
Cops Speeding 4 hr Yeah Right 29
Name shitty COPS 19 hr come on 9
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 21 hr Intelligence 118

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages