Ruling on 2010 Griffiss project stuns...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Absolutely a Touchole

Whitesboro, NY

#25 Jul 9, 2014
Absolutely wrote:
Your typical Union laborer has an IQ in the double digits. Jobs should be bid to the lowest bidder.
This imbecile is cying over "only" getting 16.50 an hour for driving a forklift!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
If these morons wanted to earn big money maybe they should have gone to college and learned something.
Operating a backhoe does not entitle you to an appearance on the Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous!!!
Maybe you're job should be offered to the lowest bidder. Maybe someone from India who will work for peanuts. How'd ya like that you aszwipe? Go swallow more propaganda offered up on Fox News from Sean Hand job or the rest of those toucholes who laugh at morons like you as they check their fat bank accounts.
Problem with our country

Rome, NY

#27 Jul 9, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They were offered the jobs. They took the jobs regardless what was rumored. If it was that much of a factor they would've gotten it in writing. Going back now is like the contractor who replaced my roof coming back to me long after the job was complete asking me for more money because his workers feel they deserved more or heard they would be paid more. If it is that important, get it in writing.
Funny you would use GM as an example. GM exists today only because of a taxpayer bailout. When all was said and done the United States taxpayers lost over $1.5 billion on that deal. Why was GM on the verge of bankruptcy a few short years ago? The UAW will tell you it was due to bad design. The reality is that the cost of legacy union benefits(pension and healthcare) added $1200 to $1600 to the cost of every new car. That made them less competitive. Americans were not willing to pay more for cars and trucks just because they were made by GM in the USA especially when they could buy a better made Toyota or Honda also made in the USA(in right to work states without the UAW costs). Given the millions and millions of recalls we've seen on GM vehicles recently, I'd say that in order to pay the inflated union compensation they had to cut corners elsewhere in order to price their products competitively. I guess quality isn't job one in Detroit anymore.
Put the blame where it belongs. Unions killed the middle class in America.
GM may have only needed the bailout because people in this country no longer make enough to afford new GM's. Maybe GM didn't need a bailout at all. Most of the banks that took a bail out claim they never needed it. I'm no conspiracy nut, but I do believe in the assistance of propaganda. The more you read, and investigate. The closer to completing the puzzle you become. At this point you realize the puzzle looks nothing like the picture on the box that you were sold.
Problem with our country

Rome, NY

#28 Jul 10, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not all business people. There are business people and those who work for business people.
I respectably disagree, If you don't collect any gov't assistance, can pay you're bills. stay out of debt, and still manage to save even one dime with todays wages. You are a businessman.
Truth

Utica, NY

#29 Jul 10, 2014
Problem with our country wrote:
<quoted text>
GM may have only needed the bailout because people in this country no longer make enough to afford new GM's. Maybe GM didn't need a bailout at all. Most of the banks that took a bail out claim they never needed it. I'm no conspiracy nut, but I do believe in the assistance of propaganda. The more you read, and investigate. The closer to completing the puzzle you become. At this point you realize the puzzle looks nothing like the picture on the box that you were sold.
What picture was I sold? There is no puzzle. GM was sinking.

Do you not know what really happened or are you trying to revise history? Before you post any more erroneous information maybe it is you who need to do some reading.

GM was on the verge of bankruptcy and without the taxpayer bailout they would've gone under. It was they(GM) that asked congress for the bailout money. It was not forced on them. Chrysler also took bailout money but Ford did not because they were the only one of the big three that didn't need it. They had cash reserves that helped them to cover losses during the decline. If GM didn't need it they would have refused it the way Ford did. They didn't refuse because they needed it...desperately. The reason that the big three US auto manufacturers were close to disaster was for many reasons in 2008 but experts all agree that among them a big one was because of the UAW rules, benefits and compensation. That's not a secret or a puzzle. Unions helped to almost sink the U.S. auto industry in Detroit. A little reading about what the public sector unions have done to the city of Detroit might be in order as well.

Last December the U.S. government recently sold the balance of the GM("Government Motors") stock it held on behalf of the U.S. taxpayers. In the end the taxpayers lost $10 billion. You can look that up.
PEACE

Rome, NY

#30 Jul 10, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What picture was I sold? There is no puzzle. GM was sinking.
Do you not know what really happened or are you trying to revise history? Before you post any more erroneous information maybe it is you who need to do some reading.
GM was on the verge of bankruptcy and without the taxpayer bailout they would've gone under. It was they(GM) that asked congress for the bailout money. It was not forced on them. Chrysler also took bailout money but Ford did not because they were the only one of the big three that didn't need it. They had cash reserves that helped them to cover losses during the decline. If GM didn't need it they would have refused it the way Ford did. They didn't refuse because they needed it...desperately. The reason that the big three US auto manufacturers were close to disaster was for many reasons in 2008 but experts all agree that among them a big one was because of the UAW rules, benefits and compensation. That's not a secret or a puzzle. Unions helped to almost sink the U.S. auto industry in Detroit. A little reading about what the public sector unions have done to the city of Detroit might be in order as well.
Last December the U.S. government recently sold the balance of the GM("Government Motors") stock it held on behalf of the U.S. taxpayers. In the end the taxpayers lost $10 billion. You can look that up.
If my memory serves me correctly. Ford did take the bailout. However they paid it back in a year. Later stating they really didn't need a bailout. Robotics have a lot to do with what is happening. So when a robot can Build, plumb, wire, heat, drywall, paint, and finish a construction project. Low wages my be understood. Be careful what we wish for. Otherwise we will all be on a permanent vacation receiving a check from the gov't. It sounds great. However half the country will put us down.
Truth

Utica, NY

#31 Jul 11, 2014
PEACE wrote:
<quoted text>
If my memory serves me correctly. Ford did take the bailout. However they paid it back in a year. Later stating they really didn't need a bailout. Robotics have a lot to do with what is happening. So when a robot can Build, plumb, wire, heat, drywall, paint, and finish a construction project. Low wages my be understood. Be careful what we wish for. Otherwise we will all be on a permanent vacation receiving a check from the gov't. It sounds great. However half the country will put us down.
Your memory does not serve you. Ford did not take bailout money. The money they got was "green initiative" from the Department of Energy. Money meant to help US auto manufacturers with more efficient, hybrid and electric vehicles. There is/was a difference. It's not that hard to find these things out.

Automation in the auto industry has been in place for many years. It hardly qualifies as the reason that GM was in trouble. If anything, automation cut costs and made the production process more efficient. Union demands are what almost sunk the big three. There was no way to support those levels of compensation in the economic downturn we experienced in 2008. That is shown by what happened to the salary and benefit structures at GM and the concessions the UAW was forced to swallow. Again, not really that hard to find this information.

Take a close look at what labor unions have done to Detroit, MI in both the public and private sectors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Common Council 2 min South Utica 24
Dirty, Funny, and Weird Street Names 6 min Joy 1
Observer dispatch front page gossip 23 min Observer 29
See how this is gonna work from now on Tazz low... 23 min Vaginalinapasstucci 2
Whats Angella Allesandro story? (May '10) 40 min wally 17
Mega gf 51 min Watch out 52
Slocum Urgent Care 1 hr Nurse 40

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance