Oneida County
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#22 Aug 25, 2013
The Boilermaker is a niche event. While it is known nationwide, it's only known pretty much in the serious running community.

Ask yourself this. The Peachtree road race takes place in Atlanta just before the Boilermaker each year. If you know that it's probably because it's in news reports about the Boilemaker every year. The public at large nationwide doesn't know either.

I think the question asked is about most people nationwide and not just a small group like runners. It's like this. If you asked a man on the street anywhere in the country to name something about Syracuse they would likely answer SU. Albany?, the capital of New York. New York City? Wall Street, Empire State Building, Radio City Music Hall.....

Utica has absolutely nothing of that maganatude. Nothing that the average Joe on the street would know. Just ask anyone who's travelled and had to explain to someone where Utica is. My standard answer is "upstate, near Syracuse.
Tebbs

Earlville, NY

#23 Aug 25, 2013
I tell them we are the Bath Salt Capitol of US!
I know

New York, NY

#24 Aug 25, 2013
Utica Fatties wrote:
I dare one person to tell me one thing in oneida county people recognize country wide! Lol. Tourist destination? Lol
We have the most comments on our Topix from idiots that live in Clifton Park.
freebie the bean

Syracuse, NY

#25 Aug 25, 2013
Yeah...the boilermaker is so well known, aside from the local media, NONE of the national media or sports media (ESPN,NESN etc.) cover it. Its the local celebs like Kristin Copeland and Jason Powles that go orgasmic over this nonsense.
roscoe conklings ghost

Whitesboro, NY

#26 Aug 25, 2013
Oneida County's best days are long behind it. I would know--I was alive then!

When people think of Oneida County TODAY--and the county seat being Utica--that's when they realize it is time to change the topic of conversation.

It's what people speaking in polite company would do today.

Don't bring up backward Oneida County; it's the land that time forgot!
Our Big County Crisis

Wethersfield, CT

#27 Aug 25, 2013
It is where Roann Destito has casino drinking license and Joe Griffo likes little boys and highest sales tax and power bills plus no jobs and bath salts.....great place weather is awesome from Nov to April too!
No jobs!!!!!!!!!! No future!!!!!! No Kidding!!!!
stickey

Orange, NJ

#28 Aug 25, 2013
Utica just plain STINKS.!!!!!!
Tomato Pie Face

Albany, NY

#29 Aug 25, 2013
Boilergasm dreamers wrote:
I was just kidding. I actually love the Boilermaker. I would run it myself but I am too old and fat.
Thats 99 percent of the field! Lol
But its PROGRESSIVE

United States

#30 Aug 25, 2013
Our Big County Crisis wrote:
It is where Roann Destito has casino drinking license and Joe Griffo likes little boys and highest sales tax and power bills plus no jobs and bath salts.....great place weather is awesome from Nov to April too!
No jobs!!!!!!!!!! No future!!!!!! No Kidding!!!!
But they are so "progressive"!! Can't you SMELL the progress?!
Tomato Pie Face

Albany, NY

#31 Aug 25, 2013
But its PROGRESSIVE wrote:
<quoted text>But they are so "progressive"!! Can't you SMELL the progress?!
Progress in utica is defined by adding another item to the dollar menu. Lol
MR MANTINS BERRY

Sweden

#32 Aug 25, 2013
I want to join illuminate for the growth of my business or magic money call this number +447053825675
Tomato Pie Face

Albany, NY

#33 Aug 25, 2013
MR MANTINS BERRY wrote:
I want to join illuminate for the growth of my business or magic money call this number +447053825675
Fu ck Sweden.
But its PROGRESSIVE

United States

#34 Aug 25, 2013
I think sweden and ny would make a great incest couple!
Tomato Pie Face

Albany, NY

#35 Aug 25, 2013
But its PROGRESSIVE wrote:
I think sweden and ny would make a great incest couple!
They could both swim off to "Tax World" and start their own planet! Lol
freebie the bean

New Hartford, NY

#36 Aug 26, 2013
Tomato Pie Face wrote:
<quoted text>
Progress in utica is defined by adding another item to the dollar menu. Lol
Progress in this area is also defined when joe goof-o proposes new idiotic laws to make it look like he's earning his bloated salary for the career politician that he is.
Tomato Pie Face

Albany, NY

#37 Aug 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
The Boilermaker is a niche event. While it is known nationwide, it's only known pretty much in the serious running community.
Ask yourself this. The Peachtree road race takes place in Atlanta just before the Boilermaker each year. If you know that it's probably because it's in news reports about the Boilemaker every year. The public at large nationwide doesn't know either.
I think the question asked is about most people nationwide and not just a small group like runners. It's like this. If you asked a man on the street anywhere in the country to name something about Syracuse they would likely answer SU. Albany?, the capital of New York. New York City? Wall Street, Empire State Building, Radio City Music Hall.....
Utica has absolutely nothing of that maganatude. Nothing that the average Joe on the street would know. Just ask anyone who's travelled and had to explain to someone where Utica is. My standard answer is "upstate, near Syracuse.
Yup.
duh

Carthage, NY

#38 Aug 27, 2013
the only thing Utica is recognized for WORLDWIDE is the welfare system that people from all over the come to and abuse
Tomato Pie Face

Albany, NY

#39 Aug 27, 2013
Utica is awesome! Lol
Greg Scamaroso

Newington, CT

#40 Aug 27, 2013
Our Big County Crisis wrote:
It is where Roann Destito has casino drinking license and Joe Griffo likes little boys and highest sales tax and power bills plus no jobs and bath salts.....great place weather is awesome from Nov to April too!
No jobs!!!!!!!!!! No future!!!!!! No Kidding!!!!
The crooked politicians just gave Nirvana 3 million $$$$$$. Owner is Iranian
Tomato Pie Face

Albany, NY

#41 Aug 27, 2013
duh wrote:
the only thing Utica is recognized for WORLDWIDE is the welfare system that people from all over the come to and abuse
Yup

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GANGSTALKING IS REAL, it is a government cover ... 4 min Not even close 4
Senator Hillary promises upstate jobs 10 min Truth 3
Hillary Looks Confused 22 min Truth 1
lol 12 AFRICANS DIE EVERY MINUTE DUE TO HUNGER ... 34 min NANOWORM 21
attn 75 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRIES... 35 min NANOWORM 32
Why Do 90 Percent Of Blacks Live in POVERTY 36 min NANO WORM 58
African MOTHERBOARD PARTS ZERO ZERO ZERO WORKST... 38 min NANO LGA 36
Nano Uodate 42 min Nano has failed DEAl 112
Cuomo: Expect Nano Delays 47 min Deplorable 32
House of the Good Shepherd ED doesn't have a de... 1 hr Nancy Grace 61
Republicans for Clinton 1 hr Democrats For Trump 19
Sad Marriages 6 hr Cybil 21

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages