Another blown name by Don Shipman

Posted in the Utica Forum

Whoa

Herkimer, NY

#1 Sep 20, 2012
Called it MECKEL St. in Oneonta!!!! It's Meckley St. That's pronounced Meck--lee!! STUPID
AND

Utica, NY

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Yesterday he called Richard Mody Richard Maddy. How hard is it to pronounce M O D Y ?
Beavis

Utica, NY

#4 Sep 20, 2012
He said blown!!!
Wacko

AOL

#5 Sep 20, 2012
Oh my GOD!!! A newscaster is mispronouncing stuff! Let's throw away our TV's, start fires, break glass and beat people up!!! Great thread!!!
Sunshine 6403

Little Falls, NY

#6 Sep 20, 2012
The toilet paper story was very childish the way way both Don & Jenel acted. Growup. Look for another job that finds the both of you funny. Morning newscasters you are not.
Don has not changed since he came from WUTR, he was awful there as well. Could not pronounce words. You would think over the years he would improve.
Dollar and a dream

Syracuse, NY

#7 Sep 20, 2012
He should go back to WUTR. Then y'all would leave him alone.
Sunshine 6403

Little Falls, NY

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Dollar and a dream wrote:
He should go back to WUTR. Then y'all would leave him alone.
Only if he takes Jenel with him.
barb

Boston, MA

#9 Sep 20, 2012
Sunshine 6403 wrote:
<quoted text>Only if he takes Jenel with him.
Jenel is the worst broadcaster I've ever seen,she reads the teleprompter like she is talking to a nursery school.Insulting,I no longer can watch her.
Sunshine 6403

Little Falls, NY

#10 Sep 20, 2012
barb wrote:
<quoted text>Jenel is the worst broadcaster I've ever seen,she reads the teleprompter like she is talking to a nursery school.Insulting,I no longer can watch her.
You are so right.
family guy

United States

#11 Sep 20, 2012
don shipman and blown in the same sentence how funny
Whispers from the past

New Hartford, NY

#12 Sep 20, 2012
Sunshine 6403 wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right.
And someone should tell her to stop talking about her daughters personal life on air
Sunshine 6403

Little Falls, NY

#14 Sep 20, 2012
Whispers from the past wrote:
<quoted text>
And someone should tell her to stop talking about her daughters personal life on air
You are so right. you would think she would know better. Especially in todays world with all the things going on. Maybe someone should read the news to her. Not Don because he would have trouble with the words and she would not understand what he was talking about. Just like when the two of them report a story, half the time you don't know what they are talking about. But if he started out saying to her " Listen to this" she might get it .
Too to

Matawan, NJ

#15 Sep 21, 2012
It is all the fudge he got packed with. It prevents proper pronunciation.
Wacko

AOL

#16 Sep 21, 2012
All you people sound like the life of the party. Lighten up. You make this sound like this is the worst thing going on in your lives. It's a newscast for God sakes! There are a lot more terrible things going on out there. Just watch the news and you'll find out(oops). I'm sorry, our news annoys you!!
Gayguy

Cortland, NY

#17 Sep 21, 2012
I'm sure he's blown more than names.
Mark

Syracuse, NY

#18 Sep 21, 2012
Local news is no longer the profit maker it used to be before the internet. Stations are not making the advertising dollars they grew accustomed to and are putting less effort into local news production. Stations like WKTV and WUTR, as well as Syracuse's WSTM/WTVH are investing minimal resources towards local news production. They don't pay enough to attract the most qualified talent. They are content with putting anyone who looks good in front of a camera, with their speaking and communication skills being secondary. Its not going to get any better. It is not only newspapers that are fading from our lives, but local television news is right behind them.
the news

New Hartford, NY

#19 Sep 21, 2012
barb wrote:
<quoted text>Jenel is the worst broadcaster I've ever seen,she reads the teleprompter like she is talking to a nursery school.Insulting,I no longer can watch her.
Just imagine, someone from WKTV was sharp enough to scout her from a maryland station,and steal her away. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
Valley Neighbor

Little Falls, NY

#20 Sep 21, 2012
Wacko wrote:
All you people sound like the life of the party. Lighten up. You make this sound like this is the worst thing going on in your lives. It's a newscast for God sakes! There are a lot more terrible things going on out there. Just watch the news and you'll find out(oops). I'm sorry, our news annoys you!!
Maybe if Don & Jenel would stop their giggling and ghetto slang we could understand what is going on in the news.
Whispers from the past

New Hartford, NY

#21 Sep 21, 2012
Wacko wrote:
They dont report everything thats going on. So we dont get the news even when we watch it
Justice

Utica, NY

#22 Sep 21, 2012
How many flavors of dysfunction can u taste in this thread?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex W/ Teacher 17 min Spellbound 4
Oh I'm so happy & gay it's springtime!... 1 hr Policy of truth 1
Why CNY Police Lost Public's Trust. Utica won't... 1 hr Kindling 0
UPD's Union Scumbag wants MORE $$ from YOU! 2 hr Dan R 13
Stop exaggerating danger to cops! 2 hr Dan R 1
John Nehme doesn't like Rubbers! 3 hr And 2
hold on corn hill * NASA and GLOBAL need you fo... 3 hr ace 7
Bullying Utica judge censured for calling lawye... 3 hr Dan R 26
parents of ND teach girls drinking and getting ... 3 hr 8 bottles of 12
Why's did ND trying to hide -PIonish- underage ... 3 hr Lol Sambotech FAIL 6