who ruined w.o.u.r. 96.9
Old Uticans remember

AOL

#22 Feb 14, 2008
WOUR was the Rock of Central NY...now that rock is sitting at the botton of Oneida Lake....take years to come back to the surface again!
Maybe

Canastota, NY

#23 Feb 14, 2008
In the sixties WTLB AM played Top 40 POP and bubble gum music. WRUN AM played music for older people like Streisand, Andy williams, etc. Wour started out part time at night playing underground music and not just the hits of the day. I will never forget the first time I heard Jamie Brocket singing "The Sinking of the Titanic" on Wour. It was great to hear something besides the one top 40 hit on an album.
Upstate Native-Bossman

Early, TX

#24 Mar 2, 2008
I moved to Central Tx in Jan 2002, and have been listening to it since I have lived here. It gave me a piece of central N.Y. living here in Texas. I am very disappointed in these wanna be dj's. I will never come to this stations web site again
How About

AOL

#25 Mar 2, 2008
while we're at it.....let's bring back some of the music for the older folks.....I'm talking 40's & 50's. They'd luv it AND appreciate it!
Dave Brewster

Staten Island, NY

#26 May 4, 2008
At least WOUR is locally owned again. ClearChannels has ruined rock radio nationwide. I would like to see WOUR return to its former self as the real "Rock of Central New York". Please can the talk and just go with the great (and sometimes obscure) classic rock.
Good luck Ed.

Dave Brewster
National Concert Productions
Canastota, NY
Pluto

United States

#27 May 4, 2008
who remembers Scorch on krock? or The morning show with the Fat Man
jim jones

Utica, NY

#28 May 4, 2008
97.9 sucks pretty bad too
SUV

Skaneateles, NY

#29 May 5, 2008
Thank Clear Channel Radio. They know what everyone loves. Bull shit!!!!!!!!!! to them It's All DOLLAR DOLLAR BILL YA'LL I know I worked for many years ago. They BLOW. I won't pay for radio, I just burn CD's
fav

New Haven, CT

#30 May 5, 2008
i prefer hannah montana anyway
Billy the kid

United States

#31 May 7, 2008
Genesee Joe is the only cool thing left.
Level 3

Since: Apr 08

NOT From New Hartford

#32 May 7, 2008
Clear Channel screwed it up. Why would the FCC let them own so many local stations anyway.

WOUR is better now that its not a Clear Channel station. Bob and Tom were from Indy. I say just play music instead of all the baloney they do anyway.

Long live KROCK!
WATCHER

Clockville, NY

#33 May 8, 2008
gomez and dave are from syracuse is that much better?
Level 3

Since: Apr 08

NOT From New Hartford

#34 May 8, 2008
I listen to KROCK on the way to work anyway.
righton

United States

#35 May 8, 2008
Maybe wrote:
In the sixties WTLB AM played Top 40 POP and bubble gum music. WRUN AM played music for older people like Streisand, Andy williams, etc. Wour started out part time at night playing underground music and not just the hits of the day. I will never forget the first time I heard Jamie Brocket singing "The Sinking of the Titanic" on Wour. It was great to hear something besides the one top 40 hit on an album.
Exactly RIGHT. That's the way it was.
Genesee joe

Utica, NY

#36 Jun 12, 2008
Billy the kid wrote:
Genesee Joe is the only cool thing left.
WOW thanks man.
Genesee joe

Utica, NY

#37 Jun 12, 2008
THanks
Jack

New York, NY

#39 Jun 12, 2008
UticaSux wrote:
"The Doctor" was weak.
This coming from Mr Primo Carnera !!!!!:-)
Tabitha

Oneida, NY

#40 Jun 16, 2008
The Doctor Ruled!!!!!!!!!!
cosmic billvis

United States

#41 Jun 19, 2008
the big boys play the averages to get the highest dollar - make everybody happy and you get rich. The absurdity of this is that they play Boston cuz they figure that everybody kinda almost likes them enough. Play them all the time and everybody will kinda almost like them enough more! Sad fact is alot of the new generation thinks this is what passed for good music years ago! Classic - my ass! If radio keeps on with this we will listen to Boston for the rest of our days! Oops, did I say Boston? I meant AC/DC, Rush, etc. Radio is supposed to be local and serve the locality - where is the forum for original bands in this area? WOUR used to be a champion for up and coming local bands, new genres, etc. Heck I heard a Jefferson Airplane bootleg tape on the air and the Ramones first tour from good ole OUR.
Oh well, RIP WOUR. Also check www.cosmicelvisentities.com for a taste of something you won't be hearing any time soon on corporate radio.
Marconi

Utica, NY

#42 Jun 20, 2008
I've got a quiz for Gronez & Plain:

Tell me where is the UpTown Theater?
Where is Hanna Park?
Where is "The Eagle".
Name the street the Utica Zoo is on??
(I would've asked about your sponsors but I know you don't have any)

These leeches, these New Yorker's from Syracuse don't know us. They don't live here with us and don't spend their paychex here.

They are here to fulfill Little Spanky Levine's dream of being the radio God in market 200. He's tried bigger markets and failed. Disgustingly so. How can you own a radio station for 7 years and NEVER turn a profit? How come Galaxy isn't even listed in the Arbitrons, in either Syracuse or Utica?

How are the law suits in Albany going Eddy? How low can you go, making fun of a lady disfigured in a fire? Ridiculing her looks on the air?

You have truely sucked the life out of local radio. I'd say burn in hell but, I'm not sure where your ilk goes when you die.

So long for now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All lives matter March this Saturday July 30th 7 min Stay home 2
matt sullivan 8 min Banana peel 2
House of the Good Shepherd ED doesn't have a de... 41 min Pinocchio 35
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 47 min SlobSmith 41
Hillary Clinton - No good for America Shouldn't... 52 min Another View 6
Cretin, list your predictions that have become ... 57 min SlobSmith 3
WHICH Assistant DA RESIGNIED over Utica Court W... 1 hr SlobSmith 17
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 1 hr SlobSmith 43

Utica Jobs

More from around the web