First Prev
of 2
Next Last
great Ceasers ghost

Syracuse, NY

#21 Jul 19, 2013
you wasted an awful lot of space there but it's free so...
i disagree on so many levels with your dire predictions, mis-guided, mis-informed and conveniently incomplete observations but wish you well and hope you find solace. in other words the ACA is the law of the land. best to accept that lest your blood pressure rise and that aint good.:-)
Mario Cuomo

Utica, NY

#22 Jul 19, 2013
What the hell is my son smoking!
Da Law

Ilion, NY

#23 Jul 19, 2013
great Ceasers ghost wrote:
... with the ACA in place I will no longer be paying for your stupidity as my premiums are about to go DOWN.
Your premiums are going down because the underwriters for the policy are relying on 60,000 healthy young people signing up and not making any claims.

Right now you're paying a rate based on decades of actuarial experience. You're old. Your body is falling apart, well into it's inevitable decline in chronic illness. Simple math shows that you'll be needing more and more healthcare, far in excess of what you're actually paying for.

All of this relies on young people like myself buying the same policy you have and subsidizing your care. Except we're not stupid enough to fall for the scam you're peddling. Why should I pay as much as you? My body is young and healthy and I'm in the prime of life. Actuarial experience shows I probably won't have a single health issue until my late 30's, so all that money I'm paying in premiums is going to fund you're self-indulgent "at least my premiums are going down" lifestyle.

Sorry, Grandpa, but homey don't play that game. Or if you'd prefer a more classical reference- Non serviam.

We're not going to sacrifice our lives for your senescence.
Da Law

Ilion, NY

#24 Jul 19, 2013
great Ceasers ghost wrote:
in other words the ACA is the law of the land. best to accept that lest your blood pressure rise and that aint good.:-)
And refusing to participate in the ACA is perfectly legal. Then again, people your age love the idea of kids like me subsidizing your healthcare.

It's too bad we wised up to your game.
Makes good points

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Jul 19, 2013
great Ceasers ghost wrote:
you wasted an awful lot of space there but it's free so...
i disagree on so many levels with your dire predictions, mis-guided, mis-informed and conveniently incomplete observations but wish you well and hope you find solace. in other words the ACA is the law of the land. best to accept that lest your blood pressure rise and that aint good.:-)
Actually ghost..noticed you didn't refute any of those claims about the STAR program or the SS payments. You were bested in your argument so you resorted to calling him mis-guided and mis-informed. He actually gave two solid samples and you were unable to refute them because they were true.

Simple fact..putting more people int the system paying premiums will have no long term impact on the cost of health care which is in fact the problem. The cost will continue to climb at an exponential rate unless there are actual reforms. This ACA is little more than a forced way to add revenue into the health insurance pool. It fails to address medical costs.

I hope when they repeal ACA you maintain the same approach that you just think everyone should accept the law of the land. When the cut your social securty benefits because it is broke you just accept it as the law of the land. Your catch phrase of accept it because it is the law of the land will soon come back to bite you in your Affordable Care A$$
ExCO

Chittenango, NY

#26 Jul 19, 2013
Da Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Your premiums are going down because the underwriters for the policy are relying on 60,000 healthy young people signing up and not making any claims.
Right now you're paying a rate based on decades of actuarial experience. You're old. Your body is falling apart, well into it's inevitable decline in chronic illness. Simple math shows that you'll be needing more and more healthcare, far in excess of what you're actually paying for.
All of this relies on young people like myself buying the same policy you have and subsidizing your care. Except we're not stupid enough to fall for the scam you're peddling. Why should I pay as much as you? My body is young and healthy and I'm in the prime of life. Actuarial experience shows I probably won't have a single health issue until my late 30's, so all that money I'm paying in premiums is going to fund you're self-indulgent "at least my premiums are going down" lifestyle.
Sorry, Grandpa, but homey don't play that game. Or if you'd prefer a more classical reference- Non serviam.
We're not going to sacrifice our lives for your senescence.
Wow. Your father and mother have my deepest sympathies.
ExCO

Chittenango, NY

#27 Jul 19, 2013
Makes good points wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually ghost..noticed you didn't refute any of those claims about the STAR program or the SS payments. You were bested in your argument so you resorted to calling him mis-guided and mis-informed. He actually gave two solid samples and you were unable to refute them because they were true.
Simple fact..putting more people int the system paying premiums will have no long term impact on the cost of health care which is in fact the problem. The cost will continue to climb at an exponential rate unless there are actual reforms. This ACA is little more than a forced way to add revenue into the health insurance pool. It fails to address medical costs.
I hope when they repeal ACA you maintain the same approach that you just think everyone should accept the law of the land. When the cut your social securty benefits because it is broke you just accept it as the law of the land. Your catch phrase of accept it because it is the law of the land will soon come back to bite you in your Affordable Care A$$
Tee Hee Heee dollar signs for the letter S to make a naughty word. It's good that you didn't waste any fund$ on education.
Makes good points

Brooklyn, NY

#28 Jul 20, 2013
Actually I'm sure I exceeded your education by a good 6-7 years CO
ExCO

Chittenango, NY

#29 Jul 21, 2013
...but you were absent the day they taught proof reading. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Koguts suing SUNY Brockport 3 min Dirty Harry 14
Westmoreland Rd Elementary School Whitesboro - ... 15 min Miss Beautiful 62
Ground Broken For N Utica Texas Roadhouse 16 min Joe Black 27
utica national (Jun '13) 28 min TheProgram 554
Utica teen accused of robbing group of people 30 min ShaQuan 6
My Bwog is popwular 31 min Robert Oliveira 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 50 min positronium 6,438
yanadasis closes club house 4 hr kissmyazz 18
NH new AD, you blew it already. 5 hr mama 12
Teb's son arrested from NH. 7 hr drip 23
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••