Shooting an Intruder

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Amazing

New Hartford, NY

#1 Mar 6, 2013
I read the OD and laughed. I suppose after reading the article, it makes better sense to ask the intruder what their intended purpose is in my home after they've broken a window, kicked in a door or cut through the drywall between the studs and successfully entered my home. Really?
guns

Utica, NY

#2 Mar 6, 2013
Amazing wrote:
I read the OD and laughed. I suppose after reading the article, it makes better sense to ask the intruder what their intended purpose is in my home after they've broken a window, kicked in a door or cut through the drywall between the studs and successfully entered my home. Really?
Criminals have more rights then us.
t POLITIX

Ilion, NY

#3 Mar 6, 2013
Thta's not true, so stop it...

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#4 Mar 6, 2013
Amazing wrote:
I read the OD and laughed. I suppose after reading the article, it makes better sense to ask the intruder what their intended purpose is in my home after they've broken a window, kicked in a door or cut through the drywall between the studs and successfully entered my home. Really?
It's just common courtesy.
really

New Hartford, NY

#5 Mar 6, 2013
t POLITIX wrote:
Thta's not true, so stop it...
Oh really, so what is your solution in the midst of a home invasion? Ask questions first and hope to get honest answers? Stfu unless you have a better answer. You break in my castle there is no logical reason to be there. I will shoot you! End of story. Unless the jury is comprised of morons like you, I'll rest my fate in their hands to decide.
giffis

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Mar 6, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Wheres the Beef? Pennsylvania Law is "make my day" "Shot to Kill" on intruders..
Move On

Utica, NY

#7 Mar 6, 2013
I just wont call the cops after. Sometimes people just disappear off the face of the earth.
Well Well

Milford, MA

#8 Mar 6, 2013
It doesn't always work that way really . Your home is your castle . Here is where it gets tricky. If you're life or the life of another is in danger you can defend yourself with whatever force is necessary, including deadly for.

If say you stumble on a burglary and the intruder is running for the door or has their back to you , then you're going to have a problem if you use deadly force.
Backwards NY

New Hartford, NY

#9 Mar 6, 2013
Well Well wrote:
It doesn't always work that way really . Your home is your castle . Here is where it gets tricky. If you're life or the life of another is in danger you can defend yourself with whatever force is necessary, including deadly for.
If say you stumble on a burglary and the intruder is running for the door or has their back to you , then you're going to have a problem if you use deadly force.
When you read the article, it appears that the burden of proof falls upon the homeowner to prove the intruder actually intended to rob you versus breaking in/trespassing. So, let me get this straight. You can break in my home but unless I sit around and wait for you to announce yourself, possibly intend to harm/kill me or my family or actually be in possession of something of value and can prove you intended to actually steal it....I'm screwed. Wrong! This is where I will take my chances and shoot first. Sorry!
Well Well

Milford, MA

#10 Mar 6, 2013
If someone broke into your home, you were there. You get your gun. You confront him in your home with a gun in your hand. He makes a move toward you and you shoot him, then you're defending yourself.

Same scenario, and puts his hands in there or tries running away for just attempting to steal something, and you shoot him, then you have a problem.

You can say well the cops are only going to get one story, yours. Okay, but you still have to live with yourself. I'm a proud gun owner and a veteran that has used a gun. Killing another person is tough to do even in combat.

Now through into the mix , it's a kid, a neighborhood teenage, someone you may know . Things happen fast. Just giving some perspective.
Della

Whitesboro, NY

#11 Mar 6, 2013
You should be able to murder someone whenever you want if they look at you funny. It's what the founding fathers intended.
truth is known

Utica, NY

#12 Mar 6, 2013
Amazing wrote:
I read the OD and laughed. I suppose after reading the article, it makes better sense to ask the intruder what their intended purpose is in my home after they've broken a window, kicked in a door or cut through the drywall between the studs and successfully entered my home. Really?
Make sure he has some sort of "weapon" and claim you were in fear of your life and then SHOOT HIM!

No Court will ever convict you, and the cops won't even arrest you. It is called "justified shooting".
truth is known

Utica, NY

#13 Mar 6, 2013
Move On wrote:
I just wont call the cops after. Sometimes people just disappear off the face of the earth.
especially if you live near one of our forests!
truth is known

Utica, NY

#14 Mar 6, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just common courtesy.
You got to be kidding. Who cares about courtesy when someone breaks into YOUR home!!!!

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#15 Mar 6, 2013
truth is known wrote:
<quoted text>You got to be kidding. Who cares about courtesy when someone breaks into YOUR home!!!!
Obviously my sarcasm didnt translate well.
hank hill

Vandergrift, PA

#16 Mar 6, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just common courtesy.
LOL! Your sarcasm is translating just fine...
slapanut

Utica, NY

#17 Mar 6, 2013
Meh - Can't shoot to kill? Fine by me. I'll just bring out the old standby - aluminum ball bat and beat the living crap out of him.... after I break his leg and knees first.
hank hill

Vandergrift, PA

#18 Mar 6, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really, so what is your solution in the midst of a home invasion? Ask questions first and hope to get honest answers? Stfu unless you have a better answer. You break in my castle there is no logical reason to be there. I will shoot you! End of story. Unless the jury is comprised of morons like you, I'll rest my fate in their hands to decide.
put on a pot of coffee and break out the cake, sit the intruder down and ask him what his intentions are. He'll probably have a more difficult time stealing your stuff after you've been so hospitable. Might still do it, but at least you've been a good hostess so you may not get shot in the process.
Governor Andy

Syracuse, NY

#20 Mar 7, 2013
1) Shoot to kill...
2) if successful, have some large plastic tarps ready to wrap the corpse in...
3) deliver the corpse to a hog farm...
4) the hogs might not devour the skull.. so have a sledgehammer and angle grinder on standby for elimination of teeth (to foil the dental records)

Always have plastic tarps ready, they are available at family dollar for $5 to $7. Burying bodies in the style of Goodfellows or Deliverance might also work. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT leave corpses unburied in the open air... Utica has enough crows...
Crazy

Utica, NY

#21 Mar 7, 2013
Governor Andy wrote:
1) Shoot to kill...
2) if successful, have some large plastic tarps ready to wrap the corpse in...
3) deliver the corpse to a hog farm...
4) the hogs might not devour the skull.. so have a sledgehammer and angle grinder on standby for elimination of teeth (to foil the dental records)
Always have plastic tarps ready, they are available at family dollar for $5 to $7. Burying bodies in the style of Goodfellows or Deliverance might also work. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT leave corpses unburied in the open air... Utica has enough crows...
More proof that gun owners are violent sociopaths itching for the opportunity to murder someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Instill cNt find Frguson on a map though NOT U... 21 min ROLOL 15
Utica named top 10 cities to live in the world 33 min ROLOL 40
fortune 500 COMPANYS DIVISON HEADQUARTERS IN CL... 35 min ROLOL 2
global DIDN'T USE THE COMIC SITE THEY DIDN'T EV... 37 min ROLOL 2
Robert T Oliveira 41 min Bob 20
stop RUNNING FROM ME BOBBY I MUST HAVE UR LOVE (Jun '14) 44 min Bob 25
adult world 47 min Man 23
Serious car accident in Utica 54 min Fat Diabetic Utican 38
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 55 min Fat Diabetic Utican 419
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 11 hr Diabetic Utican 381

Flood Warning for Oneida County was issued at December 25 at 10:23PM EST

Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:10PM
Breaking Down Giants Game Plan vs. Eagles
Bleacher Report 9:00 PM
Breaking Down Jets Game Plan vs. Dolphins
NBC Sports 4:12 AM
Thursday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 4:12 AM
Odell Beckham picks up $10,000 fine
NBC Sports 4:41 AM
Rex Ryan thinks Aaron Donald can't hold Sheldon Richardson's jock
NFL 7:57 AM
Geno Smith: I see myself as Jets' QB for a long time
NBC Sports 8:18 AM
Geno Smith: I'm part of the problem, I want to be part of the solution
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Beckham Definition of Special Talent
Bleacher Report 5:30 PM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants: Complete Week 17 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 7:03 PM
2014 NFL Draft Picks Who Already Look Like Home Runs