First Prev
of 2
Next Last
valley native

Putnam Station, NY

#1 Jun 12, 2012
is anybody else tired of the broadcast team butchering the early morning news and news at noon
tired of all the nervous laughter and botched pronunciations
buttmuncher

Utica, NY

#2 Jun 12, 2012
i have said it many times, the homo just cant think about any thing else but hairy ass.
Sal

Baldwinsville, NY

#3 Jun 12, 2012
The morning news cast and 12 is a debotchery! I can't believe a news station actually hired these two. The rest of their cast of characters are terrible but those 3 in the morning are a joke? I studied broadcast and communications in college and our newscast from a small private school looked more professional.
Vetterz

Cortland, NY

#4 Jun 12, 2012
Sal wrote:
The morning news cast and 12 is a debotchery! I can't believe a news station actually hired these two. The rest of their cast of characters are terrible but those 3 in the morning are a joke? I studied broadcast and communications in college and our newscast from a small private school looked more professional.
So go on in there and tell em how it's done.
freebie the bean

United States

#5 Jun 12, 2012
The only other job Shipman has held was the cart boy at the N. Utica Price Chopper. He gathers all the shopping carts and brings them inside. He did that job for 2 years til he seriosly damaged a $60,000 mercedes. He actually has a GPS tracker in his car to get home from work everyday.
Phil

Durhamville, NY

#6 Jun 12, 2012
Watching WKTV news makes me feel like I'm going to puke. I won't waste time watching it. I'm sure Don Shipman is a great person, but he is a lousy newscaster. Jill Realle has never looked confident in front of a camera, and mumbles to the point where it is not possible to understand what she said. These two are the worst of the bunch, but the others are almost as unwatchable. Utica is a hillbilly town, and this newscast is geared to the low standards of this town.
WUTR

Bridgeport, NY

#7 Jun 12, 2012
PLEASE BRING BACK SANDY. At least the only time he messed up the broadcast was at x-mas time when he was fried on camera from being at the x-mas party !

I miss Lyle & Bill
Earl Greedy

Rome, NY

#8 Jun 13, 2012
This morning she was talking about the Utica Fire Department

Am Bue Lance
Duh

Utica, NY

#9 Jun 13, 2012
WUTR wrote:
PLEASE BRING BACK SANDY. At least the only time he messed up the broadcast was at x-mas time when he was fried on camera from being at the x-mas party !
I miss Lyle & Bill
I miss Joe Rossier (the Atlantic weatherman) and Pete Brown....
Also an Utican

Utica, NY

#10 Jun 13, 2012
Phil wrote:
Watching WKTV news makes me feel like I'm going to puke. I won't waste time watching it. I'm sure Don Shipman is a great person, but he is a lousy newscaster. Jill Realle has never looked confident in front of a camera, and mumbles to the point where it is not possible to understand what she said. These two are the worst of the bunch, but the others are almost as unwatchable. Utica is a hillbilly town, and this newscast is geared to the low standards of this town.
I can hear her fine and I also can understand her. Maybe you need to admit you have a hearing problem and take care of it.
Phil

Auburn, NY

#11 Jun 13, 2012
Also an Utican wrote:
<quoted text>I can hear her fine and I also can understand her. Maybe you need to admit you have a hearing problem and take care of it.
She has a mouth full of marbles. Turn up your Miracle Ear and you will hear how she chews every word. Just awful, or maybe you are just used to the Utica accent.
PAPA JOE

Utica, NY

#12 Jun 14, 2012
How about that Jenel Boston WTF for real?? she is one step above ghetto.
abc

Cortland, NY

#13 Jun 14, 2012
cannot beat WKTV for news...the best and MOST reliable
freebie the bean

Oneida, NY

#14 Jun 14, 2012
You still have the 3 dolls who look good naked - Jolene, Jill, & Meg.
freebie the bean

Oneida, NY

#15 Jun 14, 2012
freebie the bean wrote:
You still have the 3 dolls who look good naked - Jolene, Jill, & Meg.
I meant to say Nicole, not Meg.
Max

Liverpool, NY

#16 Jun 14, 2012
abc wrote:
cannot beat WKTV for news...the best and MOST reliable
What planet are you from, or did you just escape from the nut house?
I thought I was the only

Utica, NY

#17 Jun 14, 2012
One who felt like this. Jill R. does mumble - and worst yet she is absolutely nasal - I can't listen to it - I have to turn the channel. Then Ms. Boston - at first I thought Thank God a real anchor - OMG was I WRONG!!!! At first she was so confident and light. Now, she constantly second guesses herself - pronounces words multiple times in an attempt to get the pronounciation correct. It is horrible. She does sound ghetto - that is that - the truth.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#18 Jun 14, 2012
valley native wrote:
is anybody else tired of the broadcast team butchering the early morning news and news at noon
tired of all the nervous laughter and botched pronunciations
I suspect that those who felt as you do were smart enough to stop watching. Why don't you? Wouldn't that solve your problem? Why subject yourself to something you don't enjoy? Get out your Atari game or something.
Michael

Utica, NY

#19 Jun 14, 2012
I watch for the first 11 minutes until they do a recap of the day's top stories.
Subtract the commercials and all important weather and you have about 3 minutes of actual news. Unbelievable.
couch potato

Newark, NJ

#20 Jun 14, 2012
Kristan copeland needs to learn how to dress more professional and have her clothes tailored. She needs a new hairstyle too...very disheveled for a tv personality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SUNY Poly offers tours of region's future 4 min PolyCracker Losers 107
Rev. Krul 4 min DUH 6
brett herthum 4 min Utican666 2
Time Warner internet the WORST. 4 min TW cable TV sucks 2
Know you're a Utica Comets Welfare Hockey fan w... 6 min Regents Diploma 10
Utica Aud: AHL Welfare All-Star game 7 min Cretin is Riggie ... 371
Utica: We OWN this Topix and more... get used t... 8 min Chase That Ghost 15
Charlie Shove 9 min blowitup 40
Local Greaser Angelo "Wopslop" Nole dies! Good ... 20 min Voice of Reason 17
carbone new commercial 6 hr Reality 54