Gas Station Scam N.Utica

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Squirrel

Utica, NY

#1 Aug 15, 2011
I recently went to the North Utica Gas station Full Serve and handed the kid my credit card and told him to fill it up. He told me my card was not going through - So I paid him cash. I then took off and pulled over in the lot to call my credit card company. They told me that the transaction went through fine. So, I turned around and went back to the gas station and was gonna beat the crap out of the kid that was trying to scam me. As soon as he saw me, he ran in and got my cash and returned it to me and said it just went thru the credit machine..

This is a scam, they tell you your card is not working, get your cash and charge the gas to your credit card, then pocket the cash...
Anyone filling up there, BE AWARE!!!
Also, double check your credit card statements for double transactions!!!!
GMEN

United States

#2 Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for the heads up.
Snowey

Reidsville, NC

#4 Aug 15, 2011
They don't have pay at the pump?
Go figure

Charlestown, MA

#5 Aug 15, 2011
Thats a full serve gas station, you dont evan get outa your car
slapnuts

Camillus, NY

#6 Aug 15, 2011
Go figure wrote:
Thats a full serve gas station, you dont evan get outa your car
Duh...You dumbas$.... did you read and understand what the original poster was saying?
Go figure

Charlestown, MA

#7 Aug 15, 2011
Duh..ya dumb azz...i was explaining it to Snowey. Slapping your nutz to much, ya think ?

“Hell Awaits”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

Utica, NY

#8 Aug 16, 2011
I used to work at that gas station and car wash. Clifford Fuel Co. owns it. If I were you I'd call the office and let them know what happened! Last I knew they're on Wurz Ave.
Reebok

Hancock, NY

#9 Aug 16, 2011
Better off pumping yourself at the Sunoco near the Byrne dairy.. I always hit the "cancel" or "clear" button just before I walk away...and take the recipt.
Snowey

Reidsville, NC

#10 Aug 16, 2011
Wow, I didn't realize there were any full service gas stations in NY. I don't remember the last time I used a full service gas station. I am always amused by the people from New Jersey who don't know how to pump gas at all because ALL of their stations are full service. Or at least they used to be, don't know if that's still the case.

“Hell Awaits”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

Utica, NY

#12 Aug 16, 2011
Last I knew it's still the case. I guess it's the law that gas stations be full serve in Jersey!
Bah

Dallas, TX

#13 Aug 16, 2011
I filled up there the other day and the scummy looking kid working the pumps kept giving me this tough guy look..
Hey buddy, I'm here to get gas stop mean muggin for no reason ya jello hater.
uticagirl

United States

#14 Aug 16, 2011
Leon Kline works at this gas station and he's a registered sex offender, so at least you know your dealing with utica scum.. he was a so called "RAPPER" going far.... LMAO music sucks and now he's pumping gas.. Life couldn't be any better. I love going there just to make him pump my gas to have a good laugh!!

http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/SomsSUBDir...
Report Corrupt Cops

Utica, NY

#15 Aug 16, 2011
uticagirl wrote:
Leon Kline works at this gas station and he's a registered sex offender, so at least you know your dealing with utica scum.. he was a so called "RAPPER" going far.... LMAO music sucks and now he's pumping gas.. Life couldn't be any better. I love going there just to make him pump my gas to have a good laugh!!
So stay away from the rapo. Living in fear and hate is a hell of a thing.
Abe

United States

#16 Aug 16, 2011
Report Corrupt Cops wrote:
<quoted text> Living in fear and hate is a hell of a thing.
And you know that better than anyone dont you Mujambo? All that crack you smoke must really fck with what little brain matter a moon cricket like you has.
Lets see one of your famous insane rants now.
lol
North Utica

Rome, NY

#17 Aug 17, 2011
Contact Jim Clifferd Owner
slapnuts

Camillus, NY

#18 Aug 17, 2011
North Utica wrote:
Contact Jim Clifferd Owner
Or Clifford, The Big Red Dog.....
Pernderples10

Rome, NY

#20 Aug 17, 2011
uticagirl wrote:
lol All it says under ethnicity for this guy is "Not Hispanic." I guess there are two types of ethnicity for sex offenders: Hispanic and Not Hispanic.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

United States

#21 Aug 19, 2011
Pernderples10 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol All it says under ethnicity for this guy is "Not Hispanic." I guess there are two types of ethnicity for sex offenders: Hispanic and Not Hispanic.
/ whats the chances of you saying that to him face to face?
uticagirl

Moravia, NY

#22 Aug 19, 2011
Klacuht wrote:
<quoted text>/ whats the chances of you saying that to him face to face?
Who would be scared of Leon Kline? He can't do shit and he's still on Parole and he's black, have no clue why it states Hispanic or not? I would think just by looking at his picture you could tell.
He looks like a psycho in the picture on that web site.

But I know that's not the first time that gas station has had problems. Its not worth worrying about your credit card numbers in the hands of them kinds of people, just get out and pump your own gas.
Utican Taxpayer

Utica, NY

#23 Aug 20, 2011
uticagirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would be scared of Leon Kline? He can't do shit and he's still on Parole and he's black, have no clue why it states Hispanic or not? I would think just by looking at his picture you could tell.
He looks like a psycho in the picture on that web site.
But I know that's not the first time that gas station has had problems. Its not worth worrying about your credit card numbers in the hands of them kinds of people, just get out and pump your own gas.
Read it again! His crime occurred in 2003; sentenced to 42 months in prison and is NOT on parole or any other supervising agency!

I go to this gas station at least 5 times a week and Leon has waited on me many times. I have found him to be very polite and does a good job in waiting on customers. In fact, the management of this gas station recently fired 95% of the employees working there as they were not doing what they should have been doing on their jobs BUT Leon was NOT fired as he is an excellent worker. This crime occurred when he was only 20 - 8 years ago. Did it ever ocurr to you that he might be trying to put his life back together again? Didn't anyone ever teach you "Don't judge a book by its cover"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
re SEEMANN MAD TRUMP WILL MAKE IT WORK 5 min Dilapidated 14
throw PILLOWS NEEDED FOR BEECHWOOD CRUMBLE 23 min Beechwood Crumble 1
TRUMP IS not my president. 24 min The Boss 10
Another shady Utica Comets Audit? 28 min Beechwood Crumble 91
now THAT OBAMA IS OUT WILL TRUMP FEED ME J SEAMAN 30 min EWWWWWW 13
Frank ferno public defender 59 min Concerned Moron 4
MVHS and Masonic Home 1 hr Bums 1
Trump first pig scum bag of US 2 hr Wu Wu 16
Jason POWLES telling Wessing how to do her job ... 6 hr SEE TEARS 33
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 7 hr sad 780