house on Middle Settlement Road

house on Middle Settlement Road

Posted in the Utica Forum

Corey

Little Falls, NY

#1 Aug 3, 2014
I'm sure there are a lot of you who know which house I am talking about, I have been driving by this house for years. It is on Middle Settlement Road and is on the right side, after passing Lowe's on the right, and the Legion on the left. I have never gone in there, but it looks as though it has been abandoned for quite some time. It is so overgrown that the vegetation is consuming it. It is still visible from the road, but only if you happen to be looking for it. Also, there is a for-sale sign on the property (Pavia, I believe it is).

My question is, what the hell happened in this house?
My intention is not to immediately imply that it is haunted. I'm not sure if I even really believe in that shit.
But this house has been ABANDONED for years, and has also been FOR SALE now for quite some time, too. There MUST be a reason this property is not wanted, but I can not find anything on the internet about it (even after some pretty extensive searching).

So does anyone know the scoop?
Commercial property

Ithaca, NY

#2 Aug 3, 2014
Corey wrote:
I'm sure there are a lot of you who know which house I am talking about, I have been driving by this house for years. It is on Middle Settlement Road and is on the right side, after passing Lowe's on the right, and the Legion on the left. I have never gone in there, but it looks as though it has been abandoned for quite some time. It is so overgrown that the vegetation is consuming it. It is still visible from the road, but only if you happen to be looking for it. Also, there is a for-sale sign on the property (Pavia, I believe it is).
My question is, what the hell happened in this house?
My intention is not to immediately imply that it is haunted. I'm not sure if I even really believe in that shit.
But this house has been ABANDONED for years, and has also been FOR SALE now for quite some time, too. There MUST be a reason this property is not wanted, but I can not find anything on the internet about it (even after some pretty extensive searching).
So does anyone know the scoop?
It was bought by the development company that constructed Lowe's. The property was never used and now is for sale for one million dollars! I called and inquired about it a few years ago. They claim it's prime commercial property, thus the high asking price.
purple n green dragons

Whitesboro, NY

#3 Aug 3, 2014
do psycho-paths live on that road?
umm

Ithaca, NY

#4 Aug 3, 2014
purple n green dragons wrote:
do psycho-paths live on that road?
No but there are quite a few on this forum, such as yourself
Very Old

Herkimer, NY

#5 Aug 3, 2014
This isa very old estate. I believe revolutionary war vintage. It was exquisite inside with the original wood paneling and wide pank floors. When I was in there is was very well cared for and beautifully decorated. It has all the bells and whistles of a weathy colonial home like butlers pantries etc. BTY it was inhabited by the family when I was there not as a tresspass. I dont know the original owner. There are actually two houses. one for the owner and a smaller attached house for the caretaker and his family. There used to be an inground pool in the back but it has been filled in. The most recent owners were an attorney and his family. They moved out because the upkeep was just too expensive after he died. I don't know of any ghost stories but a house this old must have an interesting history. It is a shame when these historic properties are sacreficed.
Corey

Syracuse, NY

#6 Aug 3, 2014
Very Old wrote:
This isa very old estate. I believe revolutionary war vintage. It was exquisite inside with the original wood paneling and wide pank floors. When I was in there is was very well cared for and beautifully decorated. It has all the bells and whistles of a weathy colonial home like butlers pantries etc. BTY it was inhabited by the family when I was there not as a tresspass. I dont know the original owner. There are actually two houses. one for the owner and a smaller attached house for the caretaker and his family. There used to be an inground pool in the back but it has been filled in. The most recent owners were an attorney and his family. They moved out because the upkeep was just too expensive after he died. I don't know of any ghost stories but a house this old must have an interesting history. It is a shame when these historic properties are sacreficed.
Thank you for finally clearing this up. May I ask how long ago it was that you were in there?(when it was occupied?)
Just curious as to how long ago someone had lived there.
purple n green dragons

Whitesboro, NY

#7 Aug 3, 2014
was kims body in there?
Joe

Blossvale, NY

#8 Aug 4, 2014
Funny I drove by there sunday and thiught it was abandond 20 plus years ago
Very Old

Herkimer, NY

#9 Aug 4, 2014
It was about 10 years ago or a little more. I hope it is salvaged before it is torn down. There was beautiful woodwork, wainscoating, chair rails cabinets and floors and fireplaces. It still had the wide plank doors. The wallpaper was beautiful but I would guess that is a total loss.The family preserved the colonial integrity of the house. I always assumed the caretaker's wife was the housekeeper in the olden days. There was a lot of acreage but that was sold to the Yager family (Twin Orchards) years ago for orchard. The family did try to sell it as a house but the commercial development in the area worked against that. What a shame. If only it could be picked up and moved,
john

Syracuse, NY

#10 Aug 5, 2014
who cares dude u live in Utica find something more educational to talk about really like you got that much time on your hands to find houses to pick on like stfu already.
Harry

Blossvale, NY

#11 Aug 5, 2014
john wrote:
who cares dude u live in Utica find something more educational to talk about really like you got that much time on your hands to find houses to pick on like stfu already.
Well you see me and your wife took a ride after we f--ked and she had no idea either on the house your wife said as it stands it reminds her of the house you both live in now . out in deansbro
Tony Joseph

Oneida, NY

#12 Aug 7, 2014
I am buying it.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
100 million for 300 jobs 21 min Cretin moron 71
Kelly Esche 24 min Trans done 21
Utica DPW really drop the ball on this one 38 min Danny Boy 8
New Careers In Utica 44 min Utica Nano Nucs 20
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL. 45 min Utica Nano Nucs 59
Marcy Nano Quad C 47 min Utica Nano Nucs 31
wheres the FAKE ASUS DUNCE 55 min big top 3
New hartford is the new east utica 1 hr Big Fat Head 169
Utica food tastses like overated shlt! 2 hr Snookies night out 24
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 4 hr Utica Nano nucs 935

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages