AHL Is Coming Back....HELL YEAH!!!!
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#61 May 14, 2013
Chillin in CNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well picking on the $2 mil to fix a local landmark is a bad place to start chipping away at that $60 bil.
The amount of your $ going to fix the Aud is less than $1.00. It's your opinion that you don't want the $.33 cents of your taxes to go to fix the Aud, I'll cover your share.
The $2 million adds to that debt. It doesn't decrease it. Multiply that $2 million by however many of these schemes New York representatives take home to their districts in the guise of economic development to get a feel for the impact. Then, consdier projects from the past like Hotel Utica, the Harza/City Center building, the Stanley Backstage Expansion, Piers & Blake......and the lack of success of most if not all of the taxpayer funded projects that were supposed to be good for our local economy. The hockey team is just another example where a few well connected people will make money without much risk. That's because in the end it's the taxpayers who foot the bill.

Again, no problem with Aud improvements and upgrades if it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can enhance profibility. The probelm is that with taxpaer supported projects like this and those I mentioned there is no tracking. We need to look at the money spent and determine if we are getting bang for the buck or if it's just anothe broken promise waiting to happen.
UticaHockey

Waterville, NY

#62 May 14, 2013
And the wait continues another 30 days.
Where your head at

New Hartford, NY

#63 May 14, 2013
Guys you are all just little children and these millionaire NHL/AHL partners are just laughing at us for it. They know they're not coming here, but LOVE for us to keep getting hyped over the possible excitement!! We're just toys to them...they will find a better/bigger place to land I'm sure, in the next 30 days.

Anyone seen the Aud lately? For real I mean? I drive by it everyday and it looks the same as it did from the movie Slapshot, except just older. Forget it guys - move on. Don't let the millionaires play with your heads.
The truth please

Gouverneur, NY

#65 May 14, 2013
What is this 'wait another month" attitude being stated here?
Hey Cliffy

Gouverneur, NY

#67 May 15, 2013
Utica Prison Fort Center wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently calgary is not playing nice with others and vancouver asked for an extension.
Where's the team?
Truth

Utica, NY

#68 May 15, 2013
The truth please wrote:
What is this 'wait another month" attitude being stated here?
The Heat is staying put in Abbotsford because no agreement could be reached to compensate them if they left. They have a really sweet contract with the city that protects them from losses.

Vancouver bought the AHL Peoria Rivermen with the hope of moving them to Abbotsford. That can't happen with the Heat staying there. They looked at keeping them in Peoria but within the past few days said they wouldn't be doing that. They are looking for a new home and they have limited time. The AHL granted them 30 days to find that new home or they will have to let the franchise go dormant for a year. Speculation was that Utica was on the list of possible locations.

That's where the 'wait another month' came from.
The truth please

Gouverneur, NY

#69 May 15, 2013
Thank you for the info....
ooooomonkeystamp

Fayetteville, NY

#70 May 15, 2013
The truth please wrote:
Thank you for the info....
Under the crime of burglary, 30.4% of arrested are Black and 67.8% are White. The Black burglary rate 30.4 over 13, divided by the White burglary rate of 67.8 over 85, gives a figure of 2.93.

If these arrest records accurately record the commission of burglaries, that means that Blacks commit burglary at almost 3 times the rate of Whites.

Using the same methodology, the figures other crimes can also be broken down:

Weapons violations are committed by Blacks at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are caught receiving or buying stolen property at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are involved in prostitution at almost 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are arrested for drug crimes at over 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are more than three times as likely as Whites to be caught at forgery, counterfeiting, and fraud, and almost three times as likely to be caught at embezzlement;

Blacks are more than 3 times as likely to be thieves as Whites;

Blacks are more than 4 times as likely to commit assault as Whites;

Blacks are almost 4.5 times as likely to steal a motor vehicle;

Blacks are more than 5 times as likely to commit forcible rape as Whites;

Blacks are over 8 times as likely to commit murder as Whites;

Blacks are more than 10 times as likely to commit robbery as Whites;

Nearly 25% of all Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 are in jail or on probation - this does not include those wanted or awaiting trial;
Hey Cliffy

Gouverneur, NY

#72 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I believe it's still vancouvers ownership negotiating with Calgary and abbotsford but that's just my feeling.
The only correct feeling you've ever had has come from a caaaaaaaaack in your azzzzz.
Hey Cliffy

Gouverneur, NY

#74 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Intelligent post whitesboro trash. No wonder why you live there.
Where's the team?
Hey Cliffy

Gouverneur, NY

#76 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Intelligent post whitesboro trash. No wonder why you live there.
What's the matter, rash got your tongue? Where's the team loudmouth?

“End Prohabition!”

Level 3

Since: Sep 09

Utica

#78 May 15, 2013
28 days. C'mon your using a computer you can count right?
Cliffy likes to

Gouverneur, NY

#80 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You're giving him too much credit. He can't do both at the same time.
Where's the team rashy?
Hey Cliffy

Gouverneur, NY

#83 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I actually doubt he can count to 28. Lol
lolololol you're so funny Cliffy! where's the team witless?
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#85 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I believe it's still vancouvers ownership negotiating with Calgary and abbotsford but that's just my feeling.
They missed the AHL Board of Governors deadline for that to happen didn't they? This year anyway.
Hey Rashy

Gouverneur, NY

#86 May 16, 2013
More intelligent posts from whitesboro trash.
Where's the team?
Where your head at

New Hartford, NY

#87 May 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They missed the AHL Board of Governors deadline for that to happen didn't they? This year anyway.
Notice how it's "just a feeling" now, where a few weeks ago it was FACT, SEE YOU AT THE GAMES!!!
The Cliffy Contingency

Gouverneur, NY

#88 May 16, 2013
Where your head at wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how it's "just a feeling" now, where a few weeks ago it was FACT, SEE YOU AT THE GAMES!!!
Cliffy has been paving the way to claim that all his posting, for months, that the Heat are coming to Utica has been a ruse on the people of Utica. Watch and see if the moron doesn't try to fly that one.
Hey Cliffy

Gouverneur, NY

#90 May 16, 2013
I like the sound of the utica comets. Nostalgic.
You like the sound of your mammy's buttwholelipppps when she passes gas. Classic. Enjoy.
Hey Cliffy

Gouverneur, NY

#92 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Your intelligence is overwhelming whitesboro trash.
Where's the team butttbudddy of the moron Cretin?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moore pulls ahead 3 min The Joker 6
moore moore moore 4 min The Joker 13
Bucktooth beaver 4 min Zora 11
Doug Jones WINS! F U Trumpsters!! 5 min The Joker 1
Jones Upsets child molester 10 min trump eats moochkok 1
Par technology has massive layoff 21 min Keithy 3
Best Utica Administrator (Aug '14) 21 min Turd 11
Unstable Fire Marshall 42 min Wtf 55
UPD pushed Bosnian to the ground 48 min Disheartened 15
Par 1 hr Sadly 66